USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #4,261 of 6,188
Have you tried..

Menu (3 Bars upper left) -> Library -> Options (3 Dots upper right, next to magnifying glass icon) -> Scan

However, I prefer to use "Folders" using the SD card icon on the upper right to access my local or SD card storage. OR "Network", accessing my NAS thru my home WIFI.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #4,262 of 6,188
Thx, for your answers, m-i-c-k-e-y. I tried your suggestions and all that the scan (automatic—internal and external sd card) showed was a whole bunch of personal videos that I have taken and maybe one or two songs (all under “tracks”). Again, all my music is on my phone (not in the cloud). And the two other music apps I have (one is “PowerAudio Pro”) will show all my songs and play them.

i think I have clicked on every icon and setting in the app looking for the music, with no luck finding it. Of course, I don’t really know my way around the technology world.
thx

so now, I have to find a way to delete all those videos that are now under my “tracks”.😒

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #4,263 of 6,188
Thx, for your answers, m-i-c-k-e-y. I tried your suggestions and all that the scan (automatic—internal and external sd card) showed was a whole bunch of personal videos that I have taken and maybe one or two songs (all under “tracks”). Again, all my music is on my phone (not in the cloud). And the two other music apps I have (one is “PowerAudio Pro”) will show all my songs and play them.

i think I have clicked on every icon and setting in the app looking for the music, with no luck finding it. Of course, I don’t really know my way around the technology world.
thx

so now, I have to find a way to delete all those videos that are now under my “tracks”.😒

How about this: Clear Data for UAPP in your phone's App menu (under Storage). That will start you over, as if you'd just installed UAPP, but should still keep your playlists (stored in the UAPP folder on Internal Storage).

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #4,264 of 6,188
Ha ha ha! Yikes!

If you have placed them on a specific folder...then do the manual scan.

1. Clear your playlist/database first: Three Bar Icon (upper left) -> Library -> 3 Dot Icon (upper right) -> Clear Database

2. Do a manual scan: Three Bar Icon (upper left) -> Library -> 3 Dot Icon (upper right) -> Scan -> Manual

Displayed is the local folder (phone). Choose what folder(s) that contains your music. If you have it in your SD card as well, choose the SD card icon on the upper right and choose "SD Card". Choose the desired folder(s).

Hit "Scan".

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #4,265 of 6,188
Keep in mind that Google Play Music is discontinued and transformed to Youtube Music.
If you did't performed the archiving as said by google, you've lost your uploaded music, afaik.
This is how it looks like on my Uapp for my bought music now.
Screenshot_20201118-215657.png

All tracks with the "offline"-tag are playable, those without ends in endless puffering. :wink:

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #4,266 of 6,188
First with Chris. I checked how you said. The music was not there. Right now, Google Play Music is completely out of the picture. I used the play manager several years ago to store my burned/ripped cd’s (very few purchased songs from them). But, after a learning curve I realized, as with other music /storage venues, that I could not use other music apps, nor download my own music to my phone or external sd card. Eventually/fortunately, a couple of years ago, I stumbled across a site where someone had found a way to download my music to my phone called “Play Music Exporter” that actually did put/save the music on my phone (unfortunately, I did delete about half of the songs here while back😭).

thx, for the suggestion

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #4,267 of 6,188
Dannemand and m-i-c-k-e-y, thx, for your suggestions. I did clear the data/database (I was afraid to do that before, fearing I would lose the music). Doing that and then scanning, and, VOILA, my songs have magically reappeared. Thank you both so much.

i have worked on this off and on several times over the last 6 or 7 months. I think I have probably pressed every button and tried everything I could, except clearing the data/database. Thx, again, very much appreciated.
Frank

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #4,268 of 6,188
Dannemand and m-i-c-k-e-y, thx, for your suggestions. I did clear the data/database (I was afraid to do that before, fearing I would lose the music). Doing that and then scanning, and, VOILA, my songs have magically reappeared. Thank you both so much.

i have worked on this off and on several times over the last 6 or 7 months. I think I have probably pressed every button and tried everything I could, except clearing the data/database. Thx, again, very much appreciated.
Frank

Glad you got it working, whatever was causing it.

Persistence often wins. Not always, and not as often as gravity, but still quite often :D

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #4,269 of 6,188
I could do with some guidance on getting the best possible audio quality and signal path in this scenario:

Source: LG V30 phone running UAPP (with local FLAC files and TIDAL including MQA / Qobuz streaming)

Option 1: Connect LG V30 to iFi Zen Blue via Bluetooth LDAC. iFi Blue connected via twin-RCA interconnect to integrated amplifier AUX input.
Pros: no cables, genuine line out from Zen Blue
Cons: relying on Bluetooth streaming quality, relying on quality of DAC in Zen Blue

Option 2: Connect LG V30 directly to integrated amplifier using 3.5mm to twin-RCA cable into amplifier's AUX input.
Pros: Able to use Quad-DAC in V30, full MQA decoding
Cons: does V30 provide a genuine line out, wired connection

Which one would you go for to get the best sound quality? Of course, I will test both options out in a few day's time when I am able to.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #4,270 of 6,188
Apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere in the 285 pages' (!!!) worth of to-date discussion :relaxed: I've just purchased a Radsone EarStudio ES100 MK2 via Drop, and am about to pair it to my Google Pixels for the first time (specifically I currently have access to both the Pixel 3a and Pixel 4, both updated to the latest and greatest Android releases). UAPP seems to be a popular player app, esp. for folks like me with Tidal HiFi subscriptions...but neither the Pixel 3a or Pixel 4 are listed here as being compatible with the app's HiRes direct driver:

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver

Does anyone have conceptual or (ideally) ears-on experience with the app and either of these Android phone models and can therefore confirm (or deny) if it's worthwhile to purchase UAPP (along with the MQA Decoder add-on for optimum Tidal HiFi content compatibility, of course) in my specific situation? And if so, whether this is beneficial for Bluetooth DAC setups, USB DAC, or both?

Thanks in advance for your time and insights! (I'm relatively new here, although a longer-time lurker)

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #4,271 of 6,188
Apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere in the 285 pages' (!!!) worth of to-date discussion :relaxed: I've just purchased a Radsone EarStudio ES100 MK2 via Drop, and am about to pair it to my Google Pixels for the first time (specifically I currently have access to both the Pixel 3a and Pixel 4, both updated to the latest and greatest Android releases). UAPP seems to be a popular player app, esp. for folks like me with Tidal HiFi subscriptions...but neither the Pixel 3a or Pixel 4 are listed here as being compatible with the app's HiRes direct driver:

Does anyone have conceptual or (ideally) ears-on experience with the app and either of these Android phone models and can therefore confirm (or deny) if it's worthwhile to purchase UAPP (along with the MQA Decoder add-on for optimum Tidal HiFi content compatibility, of course) in my specific situation? And if so, whether this is beneficial for Bluetooth DAC setups, USB DAC, or both?

Thanks in advance for your time and insights! (I'm relatively new here, although a longer-time lurker)
The name of the app is USB Audio Player Pro, and it is meant to be used with a USB DAC.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #4,272 of 6,188
Nov 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #4,274 of 6,188
@Taz777
Generally wired is better. But I donot own a Zen Blue. Juggling w/ SQ and portability, in the end YOUR EARS Bro.

@bdipert

It has a trial. Why not try it? https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
Right; I've already installed the trial. But when I run it, it doesn't auto-detect support for (and therefore auto-enable) the HiRes direct driver on either the Pixel 3a or Pixel 4, and neither smartphone is listed here either:

Therefore my original query. Thanks in advance!

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #4,275 of 6,188
I could do with some guidance on getting the best possible audio quality and signal path in this scenario:

Source: LG V30 phone running UAPP (with local FLAC files and TIDAL including MQA / Qobuz streaming)

Option 1: Connect LG V30 to iFi Zen Blue via Bluetooth LDAC. iFi Blue connected via twin-RCA interconnect to integrated amplifier AUX input.
Pros: no cables, genuine line out from Zen Blue
Cons: relying on Bluetooth streaming quality, relying on quality of DAC in Zen Blue

Option 2: Connect LG V30 directly to integrated amplifier using 3.5mm to twin-RCA cable into amplifier's AUX input.
Pros: Able to use Quad-DAC in V30, full MQA decoding
Cons: does V30 provide a genuine line out, wired connection

Which one would you go for to get the best sound quality? Of course, I will test both options out in a few day's time when I am able to.

To answer my own question, I couldn't make out a difference! The Bluetooth LDAC connection via the Zen Blue works incredibly well, as does the direct headphone out 3.5mm to twin RCA into the amplifier. Both are exceptionally good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back