USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 14, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #4,246 of 6,179
I guess the bottom line is that while Bluetooth has improved dramatically it's still not quite as clean as an unaltered bitstream most of the time. Add to that a lack of transparency as to what is going on at each bitstream handoff and it makes things really difficult.

Exactly my same conclusion. And this Is why for ne BT Is yet a no go today.

I maybe could accept that result Just in my car when travelling :)

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #4,247 of 6,179
Btw another question, I am mesmerized by the result of the Morphit profile "generic HiFi target curve" on my Audeze Isine 20.

Someone has been able to replicate that on the normal EQ, so that I can try and set It up where I eventuallly cannot use UAPP?

Nov 15, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #4,249 of 6,179
If i have MQA app enabled on UAPP+ and i use an dac/amp without MQA suport i still need to buy another one that have MQA suport ?

No, you'll get the first 'unfold' done in UAPP and the resulting datastream sent to your external non-MQA DAC. You external non-MQA DAC will then do a D-to-A conversion on the (typically) 88.2kHz or 96kHz sample rate datastream. If you had an external MQA DAC then that DAC would do the remaining 'unfolds' provided you have configured UAPP correctly. That's how I understand it.

Nov 16, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #4,251 of 6,179
To hear MQA, you need to have an authorized device. One for which the manufacturer has paid a licencing fee. There is a list on the MQA website.
That is indeed true for hardware MQA. But UAPP adds a software decoder as in-app purchase, which performs first unfold of MQA (88 or 96Khz) before sending to the DAC. Of course the DAC must support HiRes (in itself and by UAPP) to take advantage of this. But the DAC does NOT need to have MQA support.

If the DAC supports MQA rendering, it can further unfold the stream from UAPP. And of course if the DAC supports full MQA decoding and rendering, you're better off NOT using UAPPs software decoder. This still assumes the DAC is supported by UAPP's HiRes driver, so that it can receive a bit-perfect stream.

The software decoder is also a great option for those who DON'T want bit-perfect (because of EQ, MorphIt etc). UAPPs MQA decoding should take place before the EQ/Morph. With hardware MQA, these would ruin the stream before it reaches the DAC.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #4,253 of 6,179
Has anyone else noticed there are now 2-4 MQA options on TIDAL for many albums and no easy way to tell them apart? It seems like one is 44.1kHz, one is 96kHz, and then there may be an explicit and censored version. I have seen albums with even more options if deluxe etc., that now all have the MQA symbol on the album art, but no easy way to quickly tell which is the 96khz, explicit version, etc. - Any tips?

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #4,254 of 6,179
Has anyone else noticed there are now 2-4 MQA options on TIDAL for many albums and no easy way to tell them apart? It seems like one is 44.1kHz, one is 96kHz, and then there may be an explicit and censored version. I have seen albums with even more options if deluxe etc., that now all have the MQA symbol on the album art, but no easy way to quickly tell which is the 96khz, explicit version, etc. - Any tips?

Can you give me an example of a Masters album that is showing multiple versions? Where are you seeing the sample rate being displayed?

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #4,255 of 6,179
Just one example (but there are many):
Screenshot_20201117-120220_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-120240_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-120304_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #4,257 of 6,179
Right, I just wish there was a way to tell
I searched for 'Californication' in Audirvana desktop. I found two albums at 24-bit/44.1kHz and one at 24-bit/96kHz. I think there's some duplicates as TIDAL has been adding millions of Masters albums to its catalogue recently.

Got it. I just wish they could somehow designate on the album page at least (1) whether it was an explicit or censored version; (2) the kHz. Otherwise, you literally have to wait to hear if a curse word is bleeped and try each different album until you get the 96kHz stream.

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #4,258 of 6,179
Right, I just wish there was a way to tell

Got it. I just wish they could somehow designate on the album page at least (1) whether it was an explicit or censored version; (2) the kHz. Otherwise, you literally have to wait to hear if a curse word is bleeped and try each different album until you get the 96kHz stream.

I'm seeing a different view to yours.

Here is what I see on TIDAL desktop for macOS:
J5wDndx.jpg

And here's what I see on the iOS phone TIDAL app:
6FKbVPo.jpg

Perhaps you need to change how you are viewing your search results? You may be showing too many results per screen so the app has to limit the amount of information that it shows?

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #4,259 of 6,179
I'm seeing a different view to yours.

Here is what I see on TIDAL desktop for macOS:
J5wDndx.jpg

And here's what I see on the iOS phone TIDAL app:
6FKbVPo.jpg

Perhaps you need to change how you are viewing your search results? You may be showing too many results per screen so the app has to limit the amount of information that it shows?
I am playing through usb-audio-player-pro which is the issue; I want to play through that to get true MQA files and avoid the android upsampling through the native TIDAL app.

Nov 17, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #4,260 of 6,179
A few months ago, my UAPP app on my phone (a rooted lg v30, currently on Verizon’s vs99630c debloated rom) lost all but about 10-11 songs from my music library. The music library (500+ songs) is still on my phone and can be accessed and played by at least two different music apps. But, I can not find these songs and play them using UAPP. The large majority of these songs were originally uploaded to Google’s Play Music from cd’s that I uploaded to the Play Music app manager.

Is there some way to access my music library again with UAPP? I have tried several times in the app settings, but, don’t know enough about what I am doing to find the music. Some playlists have showed up, but they are empty (maybe one or two songs in them. Otherwise, they are empty.

Any suggestions? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back