USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 15, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,791 of 6,201
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #2,792 of 6,201
Ok, so what happens if you set it to HiRes exactly before connecting it to your Android device?

HiRe works fine but that is not as much fun as the 7.1 and stereo option, as the first two offer headtracking and Waves NX 3D technology in one headphone - Audeze Mobius.

BTW, Stereo does not work, it says “Error starting playback”?

PS: In HiRes from track to track the volume jumps up, although my android Galaxy A7 (2018) volume is at zero. I can toggle it down with the Mobius wheel at the headphone but with the next track it is again incredible loud.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,793 of 6,201
How's DX220 native DSD suppport coming along? With lurker's mod either enabled or disabled it detects and changes XMOS dac to DSD because I can hear the clicking but then it fails to negotiate the USB stream and disconnects the DAC with USB Device failed. I can provide logs if needed. cheers

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #2,794 of 6,201
How's DX220 native DSD suppport coming along? With lurker's mod either enabled or disabled it detects and changes XMOS dac to DSD because I can hear the clicking but then it fails to negotiate the USB stream and disconnects the DAC with USB Device failed. I can provide logs if needed. cheers

I thought the fix for the DX220 was part of 5.1.8, but apparently something went wrong there. I plan to release a 5.1.9 today. Please check again when that arrives.

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,795 of 6,201
HiRe works fine but that is not as much fun as the 7.1 and stereo option, as the first two offer headtracking and Waves NX 3D technology in one headphone - Audeze Mobius.

BTW, Stereo does not work, it says “Error starting playback”?

PS: In HiRes from track to track the volume jumps up, although my android Galaxy A7 (2018) volume is at zero. I can toggle it down with the Mobius wheel at the headphone but with the next track it is again incredible loud.

@Davy Wentzler Any suggestions?
If I use Qobuz directly on the same Smartphone it works perfectly.

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #2,800 of 6,201
After exiting the app, the UAPP icon stays at the top status row as well as on the notifications, it cannot be brushed aside. Frequently I have to re-enter the app and exit again. In some cases my phone (S10 exynos) starts playing music while in my pocket.

Is there a possibility to add a true "Exit" button on the app?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #2,801 of 6,201
After exiting the app, the UAPP icon stays at the top status row as well as on the notifications, it cannot be brushed aside. Frequently I have to re-enter the app and exit again. In some cases my phone (S10 exynos) starts playing music while in my pocket.

Is there a possibility to add a true "Exit" button on the app?

The notification will not disappear when the app is busy scanning in the background. In all normal cases, it would disappear. Do you happen to have an extremely large album collection in Library?

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #2,804 of 6,201
I did turn off the Auto Scan On Start Up under System to no avail. UAPP does not exit as should be. Notification and status icon persist and phone is activated unintentionally in my pocket. The best I can do is to Force Stop UAPP.

Please advise.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #2,805 of 6,201
I use UAPP on my Samsung S10E in combination with the Spectra X USB C DAC (highly recommended). However, when I play files in bit perfect mode and leave the app, audio from other apps like youtube, instagram, facebook... won't play through the spectra x. In most cases it would output throught the samsung device speakers. Is this something inherent to UAPP in combination with a external dac in bit perfect mode?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back