Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #1,489 of 3,153
It's strange on the 334, when I plug it.. I don't hear any hiss but when i play the music i hear the hiss.. Sometimes the studio v has this bug(?) where the channels get switched to each other
Wouldn't that be hiss from the recording/mastering then?

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,490 of 3,153
Quote:
It's strange on the 334, when I plug it.. I don't hear any hiss but when i play the music i hear the hiss.. Sometimes the studio v has this bug(?) where the channels get switched to each other

Quote:
Wouldn't that be hiss from the recording/mastering then?

No the Studio V is highly conservative with energy thus for its long battery life. You can get it to show you the hiss by pausing the music and then changing the volume. A good way is to set the volume to 0. Pause the unit and then change it to volume 1 with the unit still paused. That way you can hear the actual hiss. Regarding that reverse channel issue, lightningfaron figured out how that happens. When you fast forward or rewind through a track it will happen and the way to fix it is to pause and resume I think? While I agree the 334s sound really good on the 3rd ANV (actually pretty spacious sound staging, more control to the bass, added sparkle to the treble and mids as upfront as ever) the hiss was quite loud and to drown that out I had to listen at higher volumes than I'd like to. That was when demoing the ear with Saragui (he was hogging my DX100 at the time :wink:...

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,491 of 3,153
Well the hiss wasn't much of a problem... The studio v really competes with the dx100. I can't say overall yet because my studio v still needs a lot of burn in.. The dx100 still has a very very slight advantage on the soundstage but this might change after burn in maybe.. Highs are more pronounced on studio v..

I'm not sure .. I think studiov is also perfect with tg334 w/ 000 cables too.. I can't say if i do hear any bass roll off but what i can say is dx100 sounds warmer and studio v sounds neutral in my case.. i am hoping that the Miracle wouldn't have any bass roll offs being that it's a 16 ohm iem... it would be the perfect on the go player if that happens

The back of the studio v is very fragile.. I accidentally dropped them by 1-2 feet on a woody ground and the glassy thing at the back chipped off along with some of it on the corner

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,492 of 3,153
I know what you mean by more neutral but to some they may not consider it more neutral and instead tilted more towards treble and mids. I do find it on the neutral side though (also lean). Very airy sounding. The DX100 isn't very airy sounding but is expansive and a thicker sound. While I don't like the hiss on the player it's minor for most listening purposes but if they can improve it further would be wonderful along with improving the UI. The miracles may not show bass roll off. From what goodvibes mentioned the 3rd ANV is most likely under 2 ohms output impedance.

The backplate on the Studio V is shiny plastic and is removable. Under it is a metal backplate. It's there more so for esthetics.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,493 of 3,153
I know what you mean by more neutral but to some they may not consider it more neutral and instead tilted more towards treble and mids. I do find it on the neutral side though (also lean). Very airy sounding. The DX100 isn't very airy sounding but is expansive and a thicker sound. While I don't like the hiss on the player it's minor for most listening purposes but if they can improve it further would be wonderful along with improving the UI. The miracles may not show bass roll off. From what goodvibes mentioned the 3rd ANV is most likely under 2 ohms output impedance.

The backplate on the Studio V is shiny plastic and is removable. Under it is a metal backplate. It's there more so for esthetics.

Usually from what I've learned is that neutral mostly leads to being bright to some people..

I will AB them with dx100 after 100++ hrs.. I'm excited on how much the studio v will open up then.. I hope my instincts are right :)

I am truly impressed by the Studio V the moment i tested them.. I don't mind much 'bout the UI, just the shuffle. They're like the dx100. While on ipod, shuffle is very good lol

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,499 of 3,153
How often do you have to reshell customs assuming you stay constant weight? I've heard the time was between 1.5 to 2 years but some people have said they needed reshells right after a year...

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #1,500 of 3,153
How often do you have to reshell customs assuming you stay constant weight? I've heard the time was between 1.5 to 2 years but some people have said they needed reshells right after a year...
For an average adult, UM said 6-24 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back