Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #136 of 3,153
Im going to be getting a set soon, that will be sent of for remolding.  Very excited!

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #137 of 3,153
Ordering my CIEM in a months time! Been working and saving loads for this moment. Definitely worth the wait after trying the demos.

Only concern is should I use their cables for the time being before the next upgrade? Or should get a Chris cables. =/

May 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #138 of 3,153
According to MaoDi's review the Miracle uses two Mage high drivers and a different Mid driver. From what I read the Mage uses TWFK for its high and mid driver, which implies in the Miracle there are two TWFK's and two (unknown?) midrange drivers. But that wouldn't make sense as TWFK are dual mid/high drivers so the Miracle would be a 8 driver iem with four high drivers, two mid drivers and two bass drivers. Could anyone shed light on this?

May 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #139 of 3,153
Mage - TWFK 1 mid 1 high
Miracle - TWFK - both highs.

There are many different types of TWFK.  Some can be tuned for full range, some for mids only or some for highs only or some for one high and one mid etc etc etc.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #141 of 3,153
Sent my impressions to UM lab in China on Friday. Now the wait begins.

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #142 of 3,153
Is it a dual bore version ?

Where can I get spare cable similar to stock ones but with different color for Miracle ?

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #144 of 3,153
I would be using these with a iPod, no amp or DAC.
A good many of the songs are so-so quality. Would the Miracle handle the not so good recordings well?
I've read that there are IEMs like the FitEar 334 for instance, that make the not so good recordings sound pretty good.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #145 of 3,153
Can anybody who is in possession of both the UM Miracle and the ACS - T1 Live! do a brief comparison between the two? I have rounded my choices of CIEMs down to those two due to price and availability, but for the moment I'm a bit biased towards the ACS - T1 Live! due to shorter turnover time

Thanks a bunch.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #146 of 3,153
I strongly advise you not to purchase the miracles if it is for low quality listening... the sound signature is a bit U shaped with a slight bump in the bass region, but no point buying such an expansive device if your files are lower than 320.
Cheers.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #147 of 3,153
Quote:
I strongly advise you not to purchase the miracles if it is for low quality listening... the sound signature is a bit U shaped with a slight bump in the bass region, but no point buying such an expansive device if your files are lower than 320.
Cheers.

Thanks mate, but are you sure about that, because that sounds a bit contradictory to what I have heard about the Miracle sound characteristics? And to attend to your worries, I'm using a Studio V filled mostly with FLAC and WAV files, so that's hardly any concern.

Still waiting for responses.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #148 of 3,153
Quote:
Thanks mate, but are you sure about that, because that sounds a bit contradictory to what I have heard about the Miracle sound characteristics? And to attend to your worries, I'm using a Studio V filled mostly with FLAC and WAV files, so that's hardly any concern.

Still waiting for responses.

It is a big investment and since custom's if they do not work, it will be hard to recoup the $$ spent if I sold them.

I have about 6000 songs in iTunes of which 75% are Rock/Blues, 10% R&B, the rest varied. I use a iPod and really do not want to use an amp but would if it made a substantial difference. I checked the info of a random group of songs and they are MP3 and Sample rate is 44,100. Isolation is very important and they need to not stick out of my ear too much.

I bought and am going to return Westone W4Rs because the sound is to anemic for me. I thought I would buy a amp which has bass and treble adjustments and EQ the sound. Wrote a former Head-FIer member who produces good quality portable amps and he said "I never advise buying an amp to fix the sound"

Which leads me to where I started.......which IEM to buy? After reading Joker's review of the Miracle I thought it would fit the bill.

Whatcha all think?

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #149 of 3,153
Owning the miracles myself and using them with the fostex hp p1, yep, I'm pretty positive about their sound signature. Anyway, I don't think you'll be disappointed by them. And their soundstage is also very very very good for a ciem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back