ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
May 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,576 of 2,431
Thanks. How the signature DJ sound compared to the Sig PRO ?
Can the Sig DJ be used for "audiophile listening" ?

May 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,577 of 2,431
Yes,it can be used as such. But depending on the record,the bass can be too much at times.

May 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #1,578 of 2,431
Quote:
I can only talk about the Signatures. When they are playing at my standard listening level, which will neither cause tinnitus, nor will make me deaf, my wife can sleep without any problems next to me in the bed. When I press the cups together and play the music as described before I need to get as close as 8 inches / 20 cm to hear a little sound escape from the cans.

+1 : Leakage is very close to none on my Sig pro. Even  while listening at quite loud volumes 
L3000.gif

May 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,579 of 2,431
If you are asking about leakage and in bed, I as well as others I have chatted with have all commented on the preferred cup shape of ed8 while in bed using pillows specifically. I know those hear probably prefer the sigpro but the question posed and alternative asked about actually point to ed8s.

May 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #1,580 of 2,431
Yes, you cannot lie on you pillow with a Signature headphone, but I personally doubt it will work with any but the custom iems.

May 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,582 of 2,431
Yes, you cannot lie on you pillow with a Signature headphone, but I personally doubt it will work with any but the custom iems.
!? I used to sleep with the SigDJ on the couch the whole night for a couple of days!? But I'm flat on my back kinda guy. Hardly sleep in the side.

May 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,584 of 2,431
The ED 8 has very very little sound leakage.  The Sig Pro has slightly more leakage but still very little.  If it is important to you to get the one that leaks the absolute least, get the ED8s.  However, the Sig Pro is less intense and IMO much better to listen to if you are in bed relaxing before you go to sleep.

I have put on both headphones, cranked up the music in bed, and asked my wife to tell me if she can hear any leakage.  She says she cannot hear anything unless she moves her head right next to mine.  It is almost surreal to listen to Maroon 5 or Pink at very high volume with my wife sleeping right next to me.  And yes, I lay on my back while listening to headphones in bed.

May 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #1,585 of 2,431
I have problems with lying back on my pillow, because it is a high tech thermal foam thing from NASA technologie. I tested a normal one and that works fine for mr then.

May 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,586 of 2,431
I sleep on my back a lot so I use a thin pillow.  I have laid on my side with the ED 8 and it was OK for a few minutes, but I felt like I was smashing the headphone.  The Sig Pro is too large to wear laying on my side for very long.  

May 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #1,587 of 2,431
Looking at sig pro with portable dac/amp from fostex HP-P1 or Sony PHA-1. Any one used these combos?? Looking for a nice gym rig but decided against open cans. I like the Alo Rx mk3/solo setup when I was thinking open but for low ohm HP it seems overkill. Unless it has benefits???

May 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,588 of 2,431
As much as I appreciate the Signature PRO, but for the gym I use my Sennheiser IE80 out of my Sony Walkman NWZ-A845. That is much less sweaty on the ears and does not hinder me in any situation. Pus also sounds very good.

May 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #1,589 of 2,431
As much as I appreciate the Signature PRO, but for the gym I use my Sennheiser IE80 out of my Sony Walkman NWZ-A845. That is much less sweaty on the ears and does not hinder me in any situation. Pus also sounds very good.

I use the senn mm100 BT now at the gym but I need higher volume and clarity. I don't sweat that much and I just want to really enjoy my 90 min solitude. I have tried IEM but my ears can not get a proper seal and I don't like the directness of the sound pressure.

Which of these dac/amp will drive the SP fully Fostex HP-P1 or Sony PHA-1??

Or should I just get the Alo Rxmk3 for my iPhone 4 now. Get the Solo dB later and re-cable the SP for balance setup?

I just want a audiophile grade portable rig even if it takes me a minute to build it

May 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #1,590 of 2,431
The Sig Pro runs well directly from both, my Ipod classic and the aforementioned Walkman. But to get it real audiophile, I recommend a MEIER AUDIO Quickstep running on lod or a dedicaded DAC. That would be perfect. Maybe the Vmoda VampVerza would do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back