ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #1,561 of 2,431
Congrats on a great HP...enjoy them
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,563 of 2,431
Quote:
Hi Mortalcoil
Thank you , this new / latest batch has slightly different SQ compare what i heard last year
I love my ULS sig pro now and still on burning process

how does it different than the old, older batch from your experience?  i was thinking about getting a second pair with a cable mod.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #1,565 of 2,431
Yes.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,566 of 2,431
Quote:
I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

Really, this is really gettings silly.

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

Being that Orbital is my favorite group, Halcyon my favorite song and I often use the name "Halcyon" for forums (like Tom's Hardware Guide) (...and its actually my license plate) I was startled when I saw your post and avatar.  I asked, "Have I joined this forum in the past and am having amnesia?"  LOL.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,567 of 2,431
Dammit, now I want to see Hackers... LOL
(everytime I hear the Orbital song I go back to my teens watching the movie! :p)

May 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,568 of 2,431
I just bought an Sig Pro and I'm amazed by the sound quality. This S-Logic works great for me, it really creates a very well rendered presentation. And the bass punch is on the spot to my taste. And I'm currently listening them through a Fiio E17, haven't tried with my real amps yet.

May 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,569 of 2,431
Update: listening to Patricia Barber's Smash (HDTracks) on my Phonitor with V800. Outstanding, to say the least.

May 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,570 of 2,431
Quote:
Update: listening to Patricia Barber's Smash (HDTracks) on my Phonitor with V800. Outstanding, to say the least.

Glad your enjoying them,  they really are a special hp.
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #1,571 of 2,431
Quote:
I just bought an Sig Pro and I'm amazed by the sound quality. This S-Logic works great for me, it really creates a very well rendered presentation. And the bass punch is on the spot to my taste. And I'm currently listening them through a Fiio E17, haven't tried with my real amps yet.

Glad to see you enjoy these cans as much as we do all.   And I'm really looking forward your opinion about sig pro vs your other High end audio stuff :) 

May 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,572 of 2,431
Quote:

Quote:

Glad to see you enjoy these cans as much as we do all.   And I'm really looking forward your opinion about sig pro vs your other High end audio stuff :) 

THIS definitely! :wink:

Enjoy your new buy!

May 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,574 of 2,431
Well, I guess that between  Sig PRO and Ed8, their sound are a matter of taste. Every one has his opinion, so I would't and the question "which is best" 
wink_face.gif

But, since I am looking for a NON-Leaking headphone to use at work or....in bed when my wife is sleeping, and since sometime I don't want to use my cIEMs, I will just ask:

Between the Sig PRO and Ed8, WHICH ONE LEAK THE LEAST ?  I NEED ALMOST a cIEM non-leaking level !

Or... does someone know an Audiophile headphone that leak even less than those  (besides cIEMs... of course)

Thanks in advance

bertrand

May 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,575 of 2,431
I can only talk about the Signatures. When they are playing at my standard listening level, which will neither cause tinnitus, nor will make me deaf, my wife can sleep without any problems next to me in the bed. When I press the cups together and play the music as described before I need to get as close as 8 inches / 20 cm to hear a little sound escape from the cans.
This was tested with:
  1. headphone: Ultrasone Signature DJ
  2. artist: Alanis Morisette
  3. song: Citizen of the Planet

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back