ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Aug 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #1,276 of 2,431
Quote:
No...

Signature Pros walk all over the D600s... I've done more listening with the D600s and, well,... let's say that I thought I'd be selling my D5000s and sticking with these ones as they seem more reliable and well built (as well as comfortable) but... I don't think I'll do that yet. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I'm not sold yet on the D600s... I know it just been a few days (although some might think that that should be enough! lo) but I will listen to them exclusively during this whole week. I do have to say though, the Denons do have lovely bass reproduction (even if it lacks a bit sub-bass compared with either the D5000s or the Signature Pros...) and vocals and guitars sound well on some tracks, but on others I plainly HATE the highs... 

Oh well...

In conclusion, I don't find them all too similar after listening a bit more... and in fact... the Mad Dogs might have them beat...

I still haven't taken the plastic tabs off the cups where the logo is in case I decide to return them for similar reasons.  I have never been this on the fence about a headphone.  It's usually either love or hate at first sound (so to speak).  I'm starting to think I should return these before my 30 days is up and keep my fingers crossed for the Ultrasone Signature DJ since the Sig Pro isn't bassy enough for me, but I want mids and highs as refined as the Sig Pro.  Regarding what you can't put your finger on, could it be that the D600 can hit the bass notes, but there is no punch?

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #1,278 of 2,431
Quote:
Regarding what you can't put your finger on, could it be that the D600 can hit the bass notes, but there is no punch?

Actually, it has to do more with the mids and highs more than bass slam/punch (I find the bass to be mighty fine, but as you can see by the phones I've had, most of them do mids and highs rather well even if they don't provide enough bass). I still can't quite 'get it'. I thought it was something brought up by my mp3s but when I listen with the Sig Pros, it's not 'there'... I do have noticed that the D600 do add more 'air' to the sound and it can be detailed... it's just not consistent enough for me... In fact, they kind of remind me of the Beyer 770 PRO 80s, just not as "dark" down low. Maybe my ears/brain are deceiving me! :frowning2:

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,279 of 2,431
Actually, it has to do more with the mids and highs more than bass slam/punch (I find the bass to be mighty fine, but as you can see by the phones I've had, most of them do mids and highs rather well even if they don't provide enough bass). I still can't quite 'get it'. I thought it was something brought up by my mp3s but when I listen with the Sig Pros, it's not 'there'... I do have noticed that the D600 do add more 'air' to the sound and it can be detailed... it's just not consistent enough for me... In fact, they kind of remind me of the Beyer 770 PRO 80s, just not as "dark" down low. Maybe my ears/brain are deceiving me! :frowning2:
Are you talking about the HD 600, when you say d600?

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,280 of 2,431
Aug 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,282 of 2,431
Has anyone played around with low-end EQ for the Sig Pro to tease out that extra impact for some EDM? I can't make it sound right. Any EQ on the low end muddies things up really quickly. I can get by with about 3db on 32hz to give a little extra power, and that's about it. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,283 of 2,431
Quote:
Has anyone played around with low-end EQ for the Sig Pro to tease out that extra impact for some EDM? I can't make it sound right. Any EQ on the low end muddies things up really quickly. I can get by with about 3db on 32hz to give a little extra power, and that's about it. 

That sounds like it might not bode well for the Signature DJ if it is a driver issue with boosted bass.

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,284 of 2,431
Didn't seem to be an issue with the ed9?

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #1,285 of 2,431
That sounds like it might not bode well for the Signature DJ if it is a driver issue with boosted bass.

Didn't seem to be an issue with the ed9 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back