ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #721 of 2,431
Hey all,

Been interested in picking these up. However, before I go ahead and do so, could someone who currently owns (or has owned) both the Edition 8 and Signature Pro compare them to one another? Is the Signature Pro clearly the better headphone, or is it a toss up depending on what type of sound signature one is looking for? If the latter, which would you recommend for me, considering the fact that the Audio-Technica CK10 is my favorite IEM/headphone to date.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #722 of 2,431
There's been quite a few posts already about the Ed8 vs SigPro's in this thread. If you search you should be able to find them. Most of the posts are from @MuppetFace.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #723 of 2,431
Was kinda surprised, but CNET reviewed these bad boys..

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/ultrasone-signature-pro/4505-7877_7-35153395.html?tag=mncol;txt

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #724 of 2,431
^ I found it curious that the article says it's the first in a line of Signature headphones. Makes sense, but I'm curious as to their source for that information. 

I wonder if it will be similar to the Edition line, with a new model every few years, or if they'll release the others concurrently (a smoother Signature HFI, or perhaps an open Signature Pro anyone?).

As the article says, Ultrasone is on the right track with these. Hopefully they can maintain that momentum.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #725 of 2,431
I've heard that a few times as well, i can't see it being true unless they are looking to replace the current pro line, because the Signature Pro is clearly going to stay as the top, i also can't really see an open model coming about as the Signature series are marketed as a tool for the professional user not really personal enjoyment, what use would an open model have in the pro sector.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #726 of 2,431

Quote:
^ I found it curious that the article says it's the first in a line of Signature headphones. Makes sense, but I'm curious as to their source for that information. 

I wonder if it will be similar to the Edition line, with a new model every few years, or if they'll release the others concurrently (a smoother Signature HFI, or perhaps an open Signature Pro anyone?).

As the article says, Ultrasone is on the right track with these. Hopefully they can maintain that momentum.

Not that much of a surprise, since Ultrasone itself differentiates HFI, Pro, Signature and Edition series.

And contrary to what some people have said here, the Signature Pro aren't part of the Pro series.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #727 of 2,431
I didn't realise anyone thought the Signature Pro's were part of the pro line, clearly Signature is the series and pro is the model within that series.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #728 of 2,431
Very interesting article on the performance. I also find the Ultrasone very precise & detail. Too bad I would love to do an direct comparison with HD800 on the detail level retrievel. I find this is one of the greatest strength of sig pro. I actually hear stuff that even LCD-3 can hardly picked up.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #729 of 2,431

Quote:
Very interesting article on the performance. I also find the Ultrasone very precise & detail. Too bad I would love to do an direct comparison with HD800 on the detail level retrievel. I find this is one of the greatest strength of sig pro. I actually hear stuff that even LCD-3 can hardly picked up.

Because the LCD-3s are still slightly ...   polite on the treble and overall still a little dark sounding. Detail is there, but the dark muskiness of its overall signature kinda creates the illusion that it has bad detail retrieval.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #730 of 2,431

Quote:

Because the LCD-3s are still slightly ...   polite on the treble and overall still a little dark sounding. Detail is there, but the dark muskiness of its overall signature kinda creates the illusion that it has bad detail retrieval.

Exactly my impressions : if you apply a little EQ (2-3 dB) in the 3 to 6 kHz range, you remove most of the darkness and suddenly details retrieval seems increased but it was there in the first place. It's just easier to hear with a bright sound signature than a dark one. On my modest setup, LCD-3 is on par with HD800 as far as detail retrieval is concerned.

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #731 of 2,431
Finally got my DX100
I would say it pairs well with my s pro, the UI is not perfect, but I would say it's much better than MR1 and 661
and it sounds good

Looking forward to see its improvement

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #733 of 2,431

Quote:

The Android UI. Is it gonna be like a media player that also plays videos? or just for navigation tru songs.

It should be able to play vdos, but I still haven't tried it
I won't use it to do anything else other than playing songs, coz I've another android device to do other things

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #734 of 2,431
Just put in my order for a pair of these bad boys.
L3000.gif

Now on to enduring the next agonizing week or so before they arrive...
mad.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #735 of 2,431

Quote:
Just put in my order for a pair of these bad boys.
L3000.gif

Now on to enduring the next agonizing week or so before they arrive...
mad.gif

Congratulations on an astute investment. These are the closest to "all around" of any headphone I have ever experienced. Any environment, any musical genre. Simply superb :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back