ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,771 of 2,431
i am still torn between the Pro vs DJ vs a used Edition 8.

They're all around the same price ballpark. Decisions !

Had them both, preferred the Edition 8 for both sound and comfort. Sound was very close but comfort was way better.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,772 of 2,431
Had them both, preferred the Edition 8 for both sound and comfort. Sound was very close but comfort was way better.

thank you. I absolutely love the Ed 8 and feel they are really underrated. I have not heard a better closed headphone that's also portable. Granted I haven't auditioned the signatures. Appreciate the inputs. Think I'll pick up a used palladium for portable use.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,773 of 2,431
ravemupe.jpg

I've tried an improvised version of the PhatPad mod here and it worked WONDERS for the comfort of the phones! I feel like it also gave a slight lift in the bottom which makes me all the more psyched
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. It made my sometimes uncomfortable SigPro more comfortable. I suggest all users who have issues with Sig Pro's comfort to try this. 1 piece of high grade tissue on each side. More exotic materials can also be considered. Cashmere, merino wool anyone? 

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #1,774 of 2,431
Good to hear that the ATH improvised Phat mod worked for you both, superpronker and eron.  Just be mindful of not closing the vents in the baffle board (by placing too much material under the lip of the pad, that is why I recommend small rubber tubing), I would assume that may impact on sound signature.  See pietcux's photo below.

Photo credit - pietcux

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,775 of 2,431

Personally for me, I sold my Ed8LE to buy the SigPro but ended up walking out of the shop with a pair of TH-900's instead. Quite a few months later, bought the SigDJ over the SigPro.

Physical comfort and aesthetics, I still like the Ed8LE but much prefer the SigDJ and/or SigPro SQ over it. If Ultrasone could put the SigDJ/Pro signature in an Ed8/Ed5 housing it'll be ideal.

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #1,776 of 2,431
Wish I could audition the the signature dj !

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #1,777 of 2,431
Personally for me, I sold my Ed8LE to buy the SigPro but ended up walking out of the shop with a pair of TH-900's instead. Quite a few months later, bought the SigDJ over the SigPro.

Physical comfort and aesthetics, I still like the Ed8LE but much prefer the SigDJ and/or SigPro SQ over it. If Ultrasone could put the SigDJ/Pro signature in an Ed8/Ed5 housing it'll be ideal.

This. A Sig DJ sound in the Ed 8 chassis......yum.

I have a TH900 coming and I think I'll see why you chose them over the Ultrasone products. Liked the Sig Pro and DJ but that Fostex sound just gets me.

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,778 of 2,431
This. A Sig DJ sound in the Ed 8 chassis......yum.

I have a TH900 coming and I think I'll see why you chose them over the Ultrasone products. Liked the Sig Pro and DJ but that Fostex sound just gets me.

Yup, the TH600 is amazing too. I'm enjoying my newly acquired M100s especially for commuting but the Fostex sound sig is just perfect, not to mention the airy presentation (compared to most closed HPs), detail and amazing soundstage. I'd still like to hear SP/SDJ though and still plan to go listen to them in addictedtoaudio soon..

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,780 of 2,431
Yes I've read the Ed 8 treble can be a bit hot. I run my Ed 8 out of a USB source feeding a buffalo32 dac and meier concerto... Every time I've felt bright treble its been the source and not the Ed 8. 

But, I am curious about the DJ and may give it a try. That bass sounds delicious :) How about soundstage of sig dj vs Ed 8 ? 

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,781 of 2,431
  Yes I've read the Ed 8 treble can be a bit hot. I run my Ed 8 out of a USB source feeding a buffalo32 dac and meier concerto... Every time I've felt bright treble its been the source and not the Ed 8. 

But, I am curious about the DJ and may give it a try. That bass sounds delicious :) How about soundstage of sig dj vs Ed 8 ? 

I perceive the soundstage as bigger on the Sig DJ, perhaps due, in part to the larger drivers.  Also, The Sig DJ is a newer design so the S-Logic may be superior.

The highs on the Signature line are also extended and airy, yet smooth.

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,782 of 2,431

I just auditioned a DJ last week and did a little A/B with the Ed 8 as I was curious.................saw no difference in the S-logic effect.  Only thing was better bass on the DJ. 

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #1,783 of 2,431
  Thank you. It made my sometimes uncomfortable SigPro more comfortable. I suggest all users who have issues with Sig Pro's comfort to try this. 1 piece of high grade tissue on each side. More exotic materials can also be considered. Cashmere, merino wool anyone? 

I've removed the 'tissue-mod'. Made the pads tough and actually uncomfortable long-term. Back to stock.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,784 of 2,431
I bought the Sig Pro as my bedroom headphones to complement my ED 8.  After a couple of A/B test, I sold the 8s.  Too sibilant for trying to go to sleep.  Only thing I miss is the great looks of the 8.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #1,785 of 2,431

This is the result of an intimate date between my sig pros and a pair of J$ pads. The pads are a bit too big so they fall off it I fumble around with them too much but the fit is amazing and I even feel that the sound signature is more enjoyable; Slightly less aggressive on the higher frequencies. DEFINITELY worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back