Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #8,296 of 9,690
[quote name="marko93101" url="/t/309321/ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-appreciation-thread/8280#post_9792269"]
I finally solved all my fit problems. I've bought a pair of sony's hybrid tip and with theese my TF are now really confortable and easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you link me to those Sony tips? :)
Theese one http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0031TYWTWSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sorry, here the correct link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0031TYWTW/ref=aw_ls__1?colid=U8PVZUSGV5F5&coliid=I3Q00D5JR56D17

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #8,297 of 9,690
Cannot even remember when I got mine (long before the Logitech buyout), dismissed them for a loooooong time,

Anyhow, today put on a pair of Comply TX500, and plugged into the Colorfly C3, surprisingly impressed!!

Sat still though, and I do recall these had a tendency to fall out of my ears, so will see how it goes, however, well worth the $ that some members got these for a while back :)

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #8,299 of 9,690
I haven't been here for a while, anyway 2 or 3 weeks ago my right tf10 started to creak whenever I pushed it into my ear, on closer inspection, I noticed the cone eartip section was coming away from the main body. TBH a dab of superglue would of cured it, but I realized that the local agent has given UE products 2 year warranty and I've had them for a year.

Short story is I took them to the service center expecting them to take them off me a tell me to comeback after a glue job. Instead the reception repair girl took a look at the earpiece started to pull it apart, said yes they're broken. Turned to a cupboard proceeded to pull out a new box set of tf10s and swapped a new pair over. I have to say what a happy camper lucky I didn't do a diy and use the old crazy glue. Was in and out of the service center in less than 5 minutes.

Kudos to the distributer in Hong Kong.

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #8,300 of 9,690
Good, let us know how they work for you

I'm liking them so far. They seem sturdier than any cable I've had before.
Can't really comment on any sound difference, if such exists. 

I'm mostly concerned about the area of the wire connecting to the jack. Since the jack is straight, there's a lot of force being applied to the wire there whenever it's in use and also when I store my player (with the wire wrapped around it). 
How gentle should I be with it.. ? 

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #8,301 of 9,690
Originally Posted by Shlonglor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since the jack is straight, there's a lot of force being applied to the wire there whenever it's in use and also when I store my player (with the wire wrapped around it). 
How gentle should I be with it.. ? 

err.......there you go.that's how/why you got your previous cable lost it's life early,imo(more exposed all time prone to quick wear & tear against storing it safely when not in use).

1) you better replace the TF10 in a pouch/it's crush proof box after you listened.don't wrap around the player.chances are there,it's gonna damage the female 3.5mm socket on the player as well, as the male 3.5mm is little longer(stem) in size. moreover this cable ain't apple buds,panasonic buds,creative(ep series),soundmagic cables alike.....those are rubbery finish and easy flexible/good for wrap arounds.

2) Alternatively you can try using the supplied angled extn. cable(comes as part of tf10 kit) along with this new cable. (but see that there's a possibility long jack can ditch the screen scratch/damage as it might hang a bit...which u can also avoid that if you get to used to it wisely).

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #8,305 of 9,690
Lune MK3 just came in the mail. Packaging and build quality has improved even more than when I got my Aretes.

A few shots:

How's the sound quality improvement after using lune to your tf10?

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #8,307 of 9,690
How much did you payd for this wonder?

I'd like to buy one of theese but it's too expensive... besides I live in Italy and here there's no way to find custom cable...

How's the sound quality improvement after using lune to your tf10?

yeah my fingers crossed.....

@Exesteils - pls share ur impressions with Lune.

Sorry about that, I didn't subscribe after my post so I didn't know there were replies to my post. I'll write a brief review later tonight about the Lune.

Also, to anyone who's interested with buying cables, these cables literally have no memory, I've been using them for close to a month and they still fall straight everytime I pull them out of my pockets/bag. Very impressed as far as build quality goes.

Sep 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #8,308 of 9,690

Quote:
Also, to anyone who's interested with buying cables, these cables literally have no memory,
so it's kind of heat shrink? thin plastic sheath then?.....but their site has below sample pic with memory wire option while ordering.
looks like there's a lot about sq to reveal, and it is on it's way!!! TY.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #8,310 of 9,690

I meant cable memory, as it will always fall straight and tangle-free no matter how bunched up it was.

Anyways, the cable itself is very durable. I've yet to find a single fault with it in the 20 odd days of use. 10/10 for build quality.

Onto SQ: I've already burnt these in for over 100hrs before A/B-ing with a pair with the stock cables that belongs to a friend, with no equalizers. Open-box first listen may vary.

Main concern: 

The Mids. As many who have heard the TF10s will tell you, the mids are lacking where every other areas are well represented. At first I heard no differences to them when I first tried the Lunes as far as my memory could recall, but after a session comparing them to stock cables, I could hear improvements in micro details and an overall more forward presentation to the mid, quantity has improved, all while keeping a very natural TF10 feel to it(quality of the mids has always been there, was never the problem). Mids are still slightly recessed, but not to the point of missing out of the most of what a song/musical piece will have to offer.

Bass: Tightened up considerably. No longer bleeds into the mids, bass has decreased slightly in amount but still has plenty of punch. Recent comparisons also revealed a slightly longer rumble on certain tracks(string instruments particularly) which gives off a more organic feel.

Treble & Highs: Slight improvement. I'm putting them both in the same category due to the slight difference which can be summed up in a few words. Not much surprise here, the TF10s have always had good treble extension and it's sparkly Highs, details still shine through no matter how "busy" the songs are, which I have always found to be very impressive. The slight peaky-ness of the Highs(similar to what you get from stock cables) will move on after a short amount of burn-in, treble has also been reigned in a little, reducing some of it's (sometimes)excessive sparkle. Not much to say except for a more encompassing feel to overall representation. 

Soundstage: A noticeably larger presentation. The TF10s has impressive soundstage for it's time, but the cables improve on that. Better instrument placement, with more space in between. Very apparent when listening to orchestra pieces. 

Overall: Improvements in many areas already done rather well on the TF10s, also giving them some much needed versatility in the genres they perform well in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back