Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #7,981 of 9,690
Quote:

I'm using the Dark Lord cable just now, I'd say part of your earlier description of the other cable also applys to the Dark Lord, ie; 

"I found will lessen bass quantity a touch though provides better texture, soundstage widens and you will gain a slightly brighter / crisper TF10."

Although the bass quantity is perhaps slightly reduced I think it is an improvement overall, brighter, crisper and a wider soundstage sums it up well Imo... and I could always just EQ more bass in if I wanted to. I really like it and prefer it to the stock cable for the sound sig as well as the cables physical characteristics. Although the standard cable has less microphonics, it is just far too stiff.

hmm i'm using a Zune HD so I dont have EQ unfortunately.

I listen to electronic music mostly and usually listen to it on my KRK studio monitors and Sub at home, plays well with strong and clear low freq.  I find the TF10's are a little light on the low freq though they are super clear and wide, i'd prefer to have a stronger low end than make it wider.

is it really a noticeable difference in it or very slight?

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #7,982 of 9,690
Most KRK monitors I've heard are damn bassy...TF10 has extra bass but it winds up sounding almost neutral to me on most tracks. It could be warmer though.

But KRK monitors, they usually pound the bass...I can't imagine why you'd want a sub on top of them, except maybe for extra extension.
Quote:

I listen to electronic music mostly and usually listen to it on my KRK studio monitors and Sub at home, plays well with strong and clear low freq.  I find the TF10's are a little light on the low freq though they are super clear and wide, i'd prefer to have a stronger low end than make it wider.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #7,984 of 9,690
Quote:
Most KRK monitors I've heard are damn bassy...TF10 has extra bass but it winds up sounding almost neutral to me on most tracks. It could be warmer though.

But KRK monitors, they usually pound the bass...I can't imagine why you'd want a sub on top of them, except maybe for extra extension.

I got rokit 6's and an rp10s sub.  the 6's have very little low end.  the sub's damn powerful but I have it right down.  got it all plugged in through a Novation Nio 2|4.

not sure what you've listened to but its defintely this way with my setup.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #7,985 of 9,690
Hmm, friend has the Rokits as well, I believe the 5s or 6s...the bass doesn't go deep, but it sure hits hard, at least to my ears.
Quote:
I got rokit 6's and an rp10s sub.  the 6's have very little low end.  the sub's damn powerful but I have it right down.  got it all plugged in through a Novation Nio 2|4.

not sure what you've listened to but its defintely this way with my setup.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #7,986 of 9,690
Hi, I just bought the OFC cable from sunricky. Any one has any experience with this particular cable? The description matched what I was looking for, plus it has the sennheiser jack thy I like. I'll post impressions when I get them, but I was wondering if anybody has tried them yet.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #7,987 of 9,690
Quote:

No EQ?... what a pity, I find some tracks can be much improved with an EQ with the TF10's

I'd say there is a slight but noticable difference, if you want to keep the same sound as the stock cables I think you need to stay with copper and avoid the silver coated cables.

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #7,988 of 9,690
after some listen i can see why many people love TF10, very musical IEM which can fit many music styles. while TF10 is not the last word in micro-detailing and dynamics this IEM concentrates rather on blending together a coherent musical picture in a sweet way. bass is very nice although it lacks some precision and punch attack. mid range is very nice and highs are well controlled though some roll off is noticeable. i find frequency crossover doing really great job. not neutral but very lively sounding.

for me TF10 pairs well with C3 while i find it lacking on RWAK which is less midcentric than C3. TF10 is a good all rounder though for me EB50 takes the lead in clarity and transients due to superior crossover design.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #7,989 of 9,690
Quote:
after some listen i can see why many people love TF10, very musical IEM which can fit many music styles. while TF10 is not the last word in micro-detailing and dynamics this IEM concentrates rather on blending together a coherent musical picture in a sweet way. bass is very nice although it lacks some precision and punch attack. mid range is very nice and highs are well controlled though some roll off is noticeable. i find frequency crossover doing really great job. not neutral but very lively sounding.

for me TF10 pairs well with C3 while i find it lacking on RWAK which is less midcentric than C3. TF10 is a good all rounder though for me EB50 takes the lead in clarity and transients due to superior crossover design.

I felt similarly but the more I listened the more i loved. after adding the C&C BK... well, I'm just plain in love. anything I throw at this combination sounds like gold to me.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #7,990 of 9,690
right you are, TF10 is workhorse who will do all kind of musics for you ... really impossible to go wrong with them. The only problem i see is Tf10 were discontinued while second hand market prices for them go up now and finding new ones or in great condition becomes really difficult.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #7,992 of 9,690
right you are, TF10 is workhorse who will do all kind of musics for you ... really impossible to go wrong with them. The only problem i see is Tf10 were discontinued while second hand market prices for them go up now and finding new ones or in great condition becomes really difficult.

I was very fortunate. Bought mine for $150, only used twice.

That is also why I like my UE TF10 Pro more than IE80, for IE80, it is really not suitable for listening vocal sound.....

I would have to agree. Vocals aren't that great on these compared to my 535s, and they sure as hell aren't as comfortable, but they're still a joy to listen to.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7,994 of 9,690
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #7,995 of 9,690
Hi guys,

I've been looking to get a replacement cable for my UE TF10.

I'm wondering what parts on a replacement/upgrade cable would make it more durable? I've had the original cable from UE for about a year and half and it finally frayed near the right angle plug and I would like the replacement to last at least 2.5-3 years... Pretty much i use it everywhere (on the bus, at the gym, etc) and carry it around mostly in my pocket while traveling.

Willing to spend up to $50-80 range (willing to go to around $100 at the most) for something that's basically guaranteed to last 3+ years... since the original cable is around $30-40 on ebay...

Ya... I didn't really read the forum rules and did that thread post lol. if someone can get a mod to delete the thread that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back