Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #7,951 of 9,690
Quote:

How about the bass depth :wink: and speed

seconded - the difference in depth is utterly amazing. it is LOW, TIGHT, and WIIIIDE with the C&C. Love.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #7,952 of 9,690
My 6N OFHC silver plated cable finally arrived, after sitting at my local post office for 10 days without me being informed or left a card, and boy was it worth the wait. The sound now with this cable has been taken to a whole new level of detail and clarity. Major improvement over the stock cable or Dark Lord, plus it looks super sexy. Pics can't really do the cable justice it deserves compared to real life!

With C&C BH amp and this cable they really do sound special. So crisp, so clean.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #7,953 of 9,690
Quote:
My 6N OFHC silver plated cable finally arrived, after sitting at my local post office for 10 days without me being informed or left a card, and boy was it worth the wait. The sound now with this cable has been taken to a whole new level of detail and clarity. Major improvement over the stock cable or Dark Lord, plus it looks super sexy. Pics can't really do the cable justice it deserves compared to real life!

With C&C BH amp and this cable they really do sound special. So crisp, so clean.

Very nice shining white cables you have there!

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #7,954 of 9,690
Does anyone have a preferred way of wearing the TF10s? I find them extremely hard to get a good seal in place normally, so at the moment I've switched L/R cables to the opposite earpiece, and wearing them so they're smooth against my ear, but is there any other way of wearing them that would be more comfortable?

Also is there a cable that is more or less agreed on by everyone to be the most beneficial for the TF10s? At the moment I'm only considering a headphonelounge cable, but am open to more options.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #7,955 of 9,690
Quote:
Does anyone have a preferred way of wearing the TF10s? I find them extremely hard to get a good seal in place normally, so at the moment I've switched L/R cables to the opposite earpiece, and wearing them so they're smooth against my ear, but is there any other way of wearing them that would be more comfortable?

Also is there a cable that is more or less agreed on by everyone to be the most beneficial for the TF10s? At the moment I'm only considering a headphonelounge cable, but am open to more options.

Basically any cable is better than the stock one in terms of aesthetics. A cheap alternative is the Dark Lord cable. It makes the sound a bit better and the stock cable but is much more user friendly. I only wear it the normal way over the ear.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #7,957 of 9,690
Quote:

I'm very pleased with my Dark Lord cable and without being able to compare it directly to my faulty stock cable I'm fairly confident it has offered an improvement but Isn't that cable you have also silver coated OCC just like the Dark Lord cable? Why would it sound any different from it if constructed from the same core materials? Maybe you should ABX test them both to discount the placebo effect.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #7,958 of 9,690
I'm very pleased with my Dark Lord cable and without being able to compare it directly to my faulty stock cable I'm fairly confident it has offered an improvement but Isn't t
hat cable you have also silver coated OCC just like the Dark Lord cable? Why would it sound any different from it if constructed from the same core materials? Maybe you should ABX test them both to discount the placebo effect.

Dark Lord is not official OCC at all, check the listing. The cable I have is also much thicker gauge, they're totally different cables, Dark Lord is 4x strand of silver plated wire, the one I have which is OCC has solid cores. Completely different. I was actually the member who introduced Dark Lord to the members in this thread last year and spent more than several months using it.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #7,959 of 9,690
Quote:
Dark Lord is not official OCC at all, check the listing. The cable I have is also much thicker gauge, they're totally different cables, Dark Lord is 4x strand of silver plated wire, the one I have which is OCC has solid cores. Completely different. I was actually the member who introduced Dark Lord to the members in this thread last year and spent more than several months using it.

Thanks, fair comments but from studying the subject I'm thinking that with both cables being silver coated they would have the same resistance/capacitance ie; damping as each other. I'm just intrigued as to why they sound different, I guess I'll have to go and study the theories behind thicker cables providing different electrical characteristics.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #7,962 of 9,690
Damn...my null audio cable just got to a point where the left sound starts to go out whenever I make major movements. It was a good year and a half run but will likely use these only at home before they get any worst. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #7,963 of 9,690
Quote:
Damn...my null audio cable just got to a point where the left sound starts to go out whenever I make major movements. It was a good year and a half run but will likely use these only at home before they get any worst. 

That's happening with me too but its not the cable, its the actual sockets being loose.. bending the pins or coating them in solder will only widen the hairline cracks in the plastic around the socket further so its the beginning of the end for my TF10's I think.. then its re-shell time.
I think I'd be better just getting new ones while I can as there are no guarantees that re-shelling them will be an improvement... opinions?

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #7,965 of 9,690
My Effect Apollo cables had arrived this morning and had woken me from my slumber, but it was all worth the while!

They do exactly what they had stated on their listing, which was that they made the bass more clear, and the mids and treble had balanced out and became much more crisp. The brightness from the silver cable wasn't as noticeable to me, but there was a difference from the stock cable, easily. The soundstage had also widened up by a touch, the microdetailing in the audio was a bit more distinguishable than it was in the stock cable.

For build quality, it is superb, as the cable does not hold shape when place in awkward positions, nor does it produce cable noise when using it. Very ergonomic, and nice looking as well.

Overall, it gave the TF-10's the clearner and crisper sound quality that I love oh so much. 
biggrin.gif

Very satisfied with this product! :)

(Yes, there's kinda a "blue" theme going on there) haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back