Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #7,936 of 9,690
Try taking the earpiece to a local jeweler or watch maker see if they can do anything.

If you do and they can help you, please report back here so we can tell others in the future.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #7,937 of 9,690
the best tool to try extracting pins out is an exacto knife using the #11 blade. press into edge of pin IF any is sticking out and twist prying upwards. works very easy only if some of pin is sticking out. if its flush then you need to reshell.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #7,938 of 9,690
Quote:
If you guys would like to get the most out of your TF10, this little $100 amp makes them sing like no tomorrow.

The amp has a built in bass boost switch which really brings out the best of TF10's bass texture and separation from the mids and highs. Also, clarity and detial produced using this amp is rather special, will surely show you what they're really capable of. TF10 respond really well to EQ, so the soundstage switch and bass boost work overly well on the amp. It runs for 80+ hours a charge and is no bigger than a credit card. Be sure to check the members impressions below the mini review too.

Check it out, I highly recommend it for this IEM.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Hey H20Fidelity - thanks for this recommendation. Mine just arrived today and I am floored. Makes my TF10s feel like they're making my eyes bulge outta my head! Really loving the added punch, clarity and soundstage this bugger produces.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #7,939 of 9,690
Hey H20Fidelity - thanks for this recommendation. Mine just arrived today and I am floored. Makes my TF10s feel like they're making my eyes bulge outta my head! Really loving the added punch, clarity and soundstage this bugger produces.

You're very welcome.

Yep, I wasn't joking when I said it. C&C BH and TF10 perform overly well together, brings them to life showing you what Triple-fi 10 are really capable of. With the amp they can 'almost' give my $600 RDB+ V1 a decent run for their money (I say almost). Of course the RDB+ pull away in detailing but not in some areas like precision imaging.

One thing I love about TF10 is the bass texture and punch they can produce, that low end separates from the mids following the path of a song, almost like it's completely alone taking on it's own personality. BH allows them to express that with ease.

If you want to take your TF10 a little further look into a silver plated upgrade cable.

Cheers,

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #7,940 of 9,690
I just got the "Dark Lord" cable from H20Fidelty and my first impressions are that it makes the bass a bit tighter and the midrange pulled forward a bit. The cable is overall a very good upgrade and is around $35 new on eBay. Thanks H20Fidelty!

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #7,942 of 9,690
Quote:
You're very welcome.

Yep, I wasn't joking when I said it. C&C BH and TF10 perform overly well together, brings them to life showing you what Triple-fi 10 are really capable of. With the amp they can 'almost' give my $600 RDB+ V1 a decent run for their money (I say almost). Of course the RDB+ pull away in detailing but not in some areas like precision imaging.

One thing I love about TF10 is the bass texture and punch they can produce, that low end separates from the mids following the path of a song, almost like it's completely alone taking on it's own personality. BH allows them to express that with ease.

If you want to take your TF10 a little further look into a silver plated upgrade cable.

Cheers,

How about the bass depth :wink: and speed

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #7,944 of 9,690
for people that really like the Dark Lords, my biggest worry is that it won't fit my iphone case. I've always been really frustrated that more headphone cord manufacturers don't take this into account. That and microphonics.

I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-upgrade-cable-Ultimate-Ears-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-Good-Bass-and-Vocal-/261191735862?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3cd03d9a36

and it looks good, but the cords are SO thin, that it makes me worried. I don't want the white angel one because people seem to dislike it, I suppose I'm out of luck. Does anyone know if sunricky would make custom ones (dark lord with the sennheiser jack?)

Also, I saw some people suggesting htis: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-Black-Medium-Memory-Foam-Tips-Eartips-For-Most-Earbuds-IN-EAR-Earphones-/221079828032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379627640

I love Shure plugs, in fact, I have them on my TF10 by stretching them out. Are the ones above just as good?

Been really loving my TF10. A bit sad because my last set of cords stretched out the ports now everything is loosey goosey. On top of that, part of the plastic around the headphone connector is chipped. The metal seems in tact and I just superglued it to keep it falling out, but sad nevertheless. These are so rare!

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #7,946 of 9,690
for people that really like the Dark Lords, my biggest worry is that it won't fit my iphone case. I've always been really frustrated that more headphone cord manufacturers don't take this into account. That and microphonics.

I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-upgrade-cable-Ultimate-Ears-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-Good-Bass-and-Vocal-/261191735862?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3cd03d9a36

and it looks good, but the cords are SO thin, that it makes me worried. I don't want the white angel one because people seem to dislike it, I suppose I'm out of luck. Does anyone know if sunricky would make custom ones (dark lord with the sennheiser jack?)

Also, I saw some people suggesting htis: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-Black-Medium-Memory-Foam-Tips-Eartips-For-Most-Earbuds-IN-EAR-Earphones-/221079828032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379627640

I love Shure plugs, in fact, I have them on my TF10 by stretching them out. Are the ones above just as good?

Been really loving my TF10. A bit sad because my last set of cords stretched out the ports now everything is loosey goosey. On top of that, part of the plastic around the headphone connector is chipped. The metal seems in tact and I just superglued it to keep it falling out, but sad nevertheless. These are so rare!
The Dark Lord will not fit any phone with a case. The connector leaves no space between the female and male jack. Only way to get it to fit is to make the headphone socket in the case bigger.

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #7,950 of 9,690
 Unfortunately yes 
size]

Quote:
Gilly you ever notice the only thing super glue seems to hold together are fingers?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back