Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #7,966 of 9,690
The left bud on my TF10 seems to have a connection problem. If I just move the cables around a bit near the left bud, the sound comes and goes. It does not seem like a cable problem since I get the same problem if I swap the left/right cables. Has anyone else had the same problem? Could the wiring inside the casing be coming loose?
I would hate to see these broken... 

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #7,967 of 9,690
Quote:
The left bud on my TF10 seems to have a connection problem. If I just move the cables around a bit near the left bud, the sound comes and goes. It does not seem like a cable problem since I get the same problem if I swap the left/right cables. Has anyone else had the same problem? Could the wiring inside the casing be coming loose?
I would hate to see these broken... 

If it is not the cable It is probably the pin sockets themselves beginning to come loose?  See my previous posts above.

I managed to stop the sound drop outs by putting a very slight bend on the ends of each pin using 2 pairs of needle nosed pliers after the idea was suggested to me.
Just be very careful and be sure to use 2 pairs of pliers when doing it so as not to break the pins, you should also only need a very slight bend of a few degrees near the tips of the pins.

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #7,969 of 9,690
I recently got the White Angel Teflon cord from sunricky and man, the microphonics on this thing is horrendous when compared to the headphones with memory wires. I know peopel say to just wrap the plastic part around your ears, but even a little stray movement results in microphonics. anybody have any tricks to minimalize this?

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #7,970 of 9,690
i had some microphonics for my cable on my 535s, but that was just minimised entirely by making sure the memory wire supported area is as tightly against your ear as possible. if that's tight enough, it should be alright.

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #7,971 of 9,690
A few days ago, I received my new cables, and the earguides don't seem to be all that great, so I made a little tweak to enhance the comfort out of gladwrap! 
biggrin.gif

It's cheap and effective, but the only let down is the ugliness, but my TF-10's don't leave the house, so that's okay.

Here's what it looks like after this small tweak. 

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #7,972 of 9,690
so i dont really know cables that well (at all to be honest).  I just know taht i'm over the standard cables that came with my TF10's.

I want something with equal or better sound quality, wouldnt mind a bit heavier on the low freq (definately not lighter) but something thats more comfortable to use than the stock crap.

I don't want to spend too much so have come across these 2 in my price range.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dark-Lord-Telfon-upgrade-cable-for-Ultimate-Ears-UE-TF10-sf-5-sf-3-5pro-/251260263775?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a80475d5f

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/221212689056?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item33814dc2a0

Which would be the better option for what i'm looking for?  or is there any other/better recommendations.

I need to be able to buy it easily from australia too.

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #7,974 of 9,690
The cable in your second link is the same one I posted pictures of a few pages back, silver plated. I found will lessen bass quantity a touch though provides better texture, soundstage widens and you will gain a slightly brighter / crisper TF10. it makes them become rather powerful in the mid range, however I felt micro detail was not as aggressive as the stock cable. However, surely is overall the best I have heard TF10 for clarity / dynamics.

The bad: Micrphonics are pretty average as the braid makes the cable stiff, you will hear cable noise by simply running your finger nail along the cable unless the hoops are tucked well behind your ear. I cannot recommend that cable for on the go. But the sound is the best I have heard TF10 for a home environment, excellent SQ.

Another thing with that braid cable, if you look at the ear hoops TF10's housing will need to spin 45 degrees from their usual position. Rather than the plug which faces straight up with the stock cable when worn it will rotate forward towards your face a touch. This caused me some pain as the housing would not sit properly.

Dark Lord displays less problems can be worn without needing to move the housings and will achieve similar results in SQ, though not the same level as the one in the second link.

I actually have that cable here for sale, (second link) contact me if you're interested, I'll let it go cheap.

I am In Australia.

If you're looking to keep the low end meaty you may want to consider this one and stick with copper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5N-OCC-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-AWG26-/321103670172?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ac3452b9c&_uhb=1

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #7,976 of 9,690
thanks for the info. 

so the dark lord sounds the same if not slightly better than the stock cable?

is it less rigid than stock?

just confirming.

Yes, it sounds better than the stock cable to my ears, been a long time since I've heard Dark Lord, it was rather popular here last year. More flexible than the stock cable, though needs some time to relax as it comes coiled in a zip lock bag. I couldn't give a sound impression as it's been to long.

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #7,977 of 9,690
Quote:
Yes, it sounds better than the stock cable to my ears, been a long time since I've heard Dark Lord, it was rather popular here last year. More flexible than the stock cable, though needs some time to relax as it comes coiled in a zip lock bag. I couldn't give a sound impression as it's been to long.

I'm using the Dark Lord cable just now, I'd say part of your earlier description of the other cable also applys to the Dark Lord, ie; 

"I found will lessen bass quantity a touch though provides better texture, soundstage widens and you will gain a slightly brighter / crisper TF10."

Although the bass quantity is perhaps slightly reduced I think it is an improvement overall, brighter, crisper and a wider soundstage sums it up well Imo... and I could always just EQ more bass in if I wanted to. I really like it and prefer it to the stock cable for the sound sig as well as the cables physical characteristics. Although the standard cable has less microphonics, it is just far too stiff.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #7,978 of 9,690
got my TF10 mint condition with Audio Null cable - thank you Anton (seller)... sound is very nice, excellent match with C3 even no amp. especially for those who miss bass on C3 these IEMs will do it justice and pull some bass without skimming on details. nice job. i wonder how better are UE900 but TF10 are great sounding.

i did not experience any fit issues, TF10 seal well into my ears.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #7,979 of 9,690
Pair them up with C&C BH when you get time, I actually enjoy mine straight from Sansa Clip+ if I'm not serious listening. They're one of favorites for sure. It'll be nice when I get my C3 back from loan though. :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #7,980 of 9,690
yes, i tried with BH and they sound nice, not as great as RDB+ but enough to make me smile wide, very musical IEMs indeed. i also can see people loving more bass should love TF10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back