Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #7,381 of 9,690
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure, you may need to contact the seller and ask. I have used one on my ipod mini's and 2G touch.
If you want to borrow the cable for a week or so to test I am in Sydney, I'll be happy to mail it to you.
smile.gif

Yes I'm in Sydney as well :) what a coincidence.
No need mate, I guess the difference is not that big, because, Fiio L3 also got similar features: http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/FiiO-L3-Dock-for-iPodiPhine35mm-stereo-plug

Code:
 [size=small][font=verdana]The FiiO L3 is designed with a 3.5mm stereo jack to Apple's dock connector, enabling output of high quality line-level audio from iPod, iPhone, and iPad that can be sent to portable audio equipment such as headphone amplifiers and power amplifiers. [/font][/size] [size=small][font=verdana]Designed with high-quality materials, the L3 isolates the audio signal from interference to deliver cleaner and more accurate sound from your iPod/iPhone/iPad. [/font][/size] [size=small][font=verdana]The L3 employs the new HPC-22W cable with ultra-fine PCOCC-A conductors for its exceptional signal transmission property and usability. [/font][/size][size=small][font=verdana]Twenty strands of 80mm PCOCC-A wire are unified into a bundle and three bundles are grouped as a conductor that is geometrically stable. This construction method ensures uniformity of wire structure, eliminates internal gaps, and prevents deformation of wire strands. [b]Each conductor in the HPC-22W is jacketed with 0.18mm PFA (Teflon)[/b], a material selected for its outstanding electrical and transmission characteristics. The shield/ground consists of 53 strands of 0.12?m PCOCC-A wire, with cotton rope filling the internal space and providing additional tensil strenth. The outer jacket is made of TPE olefinic elastomer. Feature Highlights - Shielded construction provides maximum isolation from interference - Pure copper conductors for better audio clarity and a more natural-sounding midrange - High quality durable connectors for precise contact and signal integrity - Supports standard dock profile on iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Does not support Shuffle. Specifications Length: 8cm (cable only) Weight: 10g Wire Diameter: 4mm Wire Model: HPC-22W Wire Material: PCOCC-A Impedance: Max 0.1 Ohm Insulation: Min 2M Ohm Wire Jacket: TPE[/font][/size]

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #7,382 of 9,690
I know about L3, I have one here and an L9.

I personally happened to notice a respectable difference using Canare cable. The Fiio cables somewhat muffle sound, you lose detail and extension on both ends. They also aren't very good at handling the power from E11, that's why people using them get distortion and hardly pass the volume at 2.5 on the amp before it's too loud.

By using the Canare you achieve a smoother sound with better extension that will allow the signal to flow a lot easier at higher volumes. This works for IEM's like TF10's in favour because they're already quite sensitive. I'd actually be very interested on your thoughts and if you heard a difference.

Here's an example of the cable thickness between L9 and Canare L-2T2S

As you can see the Canare makes L9/L3 cable look like a baby. :p

Anyway, I don't want to drift to far off topic, though the offers open if you ever become interested.

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #7,383 of 9,690

that's my gadget so far.
The Fiio E1 (white) is kind of redundant because I've been using Fiio E11 (black above) along with the Fiio L3 (black with gold plated connectors at both end).

At the moment I'm using the 3.5 green male-male cable from my laptop into the Fiio E11 into my Westone W4, hm.... 
that's sounds interesting offer.

I'll PM you then :)

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #7,385 of 9,690
Quote:
The problem with E11 is you lose some clarity, the whole signal turns slightly warmer than I would like colouring the sound. You lose some of that crisp edge and sparkle. Sure, it goes louder which gives a mirage of better sound, though if you listen at equal volumes between amp and player E11's flaws show slightly, noticeable enough for me not to use it anymore.
Fiio LOD's are also not helping, those cables are slightly average.

In the end, i guess it depends on what you're comparing it to :p

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #7,387 of 9,690
Quote:
If you like the UE10 and the next IEM would be custom IEM, which would be a good choice?

It really depends on how far you want to go.
I liked the TF10 and then went all the way up to the UE11Pros's!

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #7,389 of 9,690
Quote:
If you like the UE10 and the next IEM would be custom IEM, which would be a good choice?

If you like the TF10, the next logical step would be to go to the JH line of IEM's. The Triple Fi 10 as well as the older Super Fi 5 Pro series were designed by Jerry Harvey if I'm not mistaken. He left UE to form his own audio company, taking his sound signature and technologies with him.

I can say that the JH13 and JH16 to my ears sound like a continuation of that sound. The UE Reference based on a really crude fitting wasn't similar at all and sounded like a different product line altogether although still good in my opinion.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #7,390 of 9,690
Quote:
Before I lost mine, I was using the epic cable but in flip flop mode and found it very comfortable. Have you tried them that way? Just use search to find the thread with pictures of how the reverse the pins. It was dead easy. The TF10s sit flush with your ear and don't stick out which also means the cable doesnt tug on your ears.

Whats the flip flop mod?

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #7,391 of 9,690
Quote:
Whats the flip flop mod?

It's where you don't care for the fit that the Manu designed, so you switch buds left to right on the cable. Then wear them reversed.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #7,392 of 9,690
Just got a new pair of Chris' cables. I still haven't burned them in yet, but they do sound quite good. They sound as good as his old ones, just with a bit more flexibility and less microphonics. Still has some microphonics, but it's definitely manageable now.

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #7,393 of 9,690
Quote:
Just got a new pair of Chris' cables. I still haven't burned them in yet, but they do sound quite good. They sound as good as his old ones, just with a bit more flexibility and less microphonics. Still has some microphonics, but it's definitely manageable now.

Lol the old ones were about as flexible as steel piping. Glad to see the transition paid off. Enjoy!

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #7,394 of 9,690
Good to hear, I'm waiting on a set of mine, I'm gonna put it on my JH16...

Quote:

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #7,395 of 9,690
Quote:

You honestly expect to "hear" a difference after this "burn in"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back