Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #7,366 of 9,690
Quote:
Do I need to wear the earbuds around the ear? There really uncomfortable when I do I dont know if its because Im using a Westone Epic cable. Any body have similar experiences with the Westone cable? 

Maybe make the memory wire slightly looser? I usually let mine have a bit of room to maneuver/wiggle around the ear so it's comfortable.

The whole cable talk going, I'm eying this one for around Thanksgiving/Christmas....

Seems pretty well built and still uses stock pins so it doesn't widen the pin holes. Doesn't look half bad either.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #7,367 of 9,690
Quote:
Maybe make the memory wire slightly looser? I usually let mine have a bit of room to maneuver/wiggle around the ear so it's comfortable.

The whole cable talk going, I'm eying this one for around Thanksgiving/Christmas....

Seems pretty well built and still uses stock pins so it doesn't widen the pin holes. Doesn't look half bad either.

I have some TF10's from the Amazon sale a while back and I had some Chris_Himself cables that made them sound soo much better. I think they just upgraded to some stranded cables (instead of solid core) so now they are softer and better than before. I'll probably pick up a new cable soon since mine has seen some better days. I think they are pretty affordable too at about ~$120 (but its stranded core, so you get what you pay for). 

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #7,370 of 9,690
Do I need to wear the earbuds around the ear? There really uncomfortable when I do I dont know if its because Im using a Westone Epic cable. Any body have similar experiences with the Westone cable? 

Before I lost mine, I was using the epic cable but in flip flop mode and found it very comfortable. Have you tried them that way? Just use search to find the thread with pictures of how the reverse the pins. It was dead easy. The TF10s sit flush with your ear and don't stick out which also means the cable doesnt tug on your ears.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #7,372 of 9,690
Quote:
Depending on your budget, the Fiio E11 is bang for buck

Agreed. Definately good price / performance ratio. I did find it a little bit heavy duty for IEM's though. Dont think I ever got it past about 2.5 on the volume knob.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #7,373 of 9,690
Quote:
Depending on your budget, the Fiio E11 is bang for buck

Yes I'm using Fiio E11 with Fiio L3 to drive my IEMs (Westone W4 and UE700) they are all sounds better with the amp.

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7,374 of 9,690
The problem with E11 is you lose some clarity, the whole signal turns slightly warmer than I would like colouring the sound. You lose some of that crisp edge and sparkle. Sure, it goes louder which gives a mirage of better sound, though if you listen at equal volumes between amp and player E11's flaws show slightly, noticeable enough for me not to use it anymore.

Fiio LOD's are also not helping, those cables are slightly average.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #7,376 of 9,690
Quote:
The problem with E11 is you lose some clarity, the whole signal turns slightly warmer than I would like colouring the sound. You lose some of that crisp edge and sparkle. Sure, it goes louder which gives a mirage of better sound, though if you listen at equal volumes between amp and player E11's flaws show slightly, noticeable enough for me not to use it anymore.
Fiio LOD's are also not helping, those cables are slightly average.

H2O,
Yes I guess you are right, price makes the difference. The result could be difference when you are using RSA Predator :)

Quote:
IMHO, the TF10's don't need an amp.

Wata,
Under what condition do we need an amp ?

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #7,379 of 9,690
Quote:
I recommend upgrading your LOD to Canare Cable L-2T2S for TF10 and Westone W4

Hi,
What was the issue with the latest version of Apple device ? because they suggested not to upgrade the iOS for the Apple device.

I'm using Fiio L3 at the moment and so far I couldn't tell the difference between using Fiio L1 cheap iPhone amp.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #7,380 of 9,690
Hi,
What was the issue with the latest version of Apple device ? because they suggested not to upgrade the iOS for the Apple device.

I'm using Fiio L3 at the moment and so far I couldn't tell the difference between using Fiio L1 cheap iPhone amp.

I'm not entirely sure, you may need to contact the seller and ask. I have used one on my ipod mini's and 2G touch.

If you want to borrow the cable for a week or so to test I am in Sydney, I'll be happy to mail it to you. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back