Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #7,351 of 9,690
Quote:
The only other reliable $30 solutions are the FiiO RC UE1

When I say reliable I mean you don't know if the pic of the $30 UE cable you saw on ebay one day with the name and title of X is the same as the next item with a slightly different title and seller with the same pic.

The FiiO RC Ue2 is said to be comming soon along with their Shure replacement cable options.

Biggest difference in regular Logitech cable with RC UE1 is lack of memory wire at the top, "heavier" wire and longer with a straight plug. Don't buy used, first batch of cables were defective, authorized dealers are carrying the new updated ones with copper rings. Cable jack is also straight instead of L shaped as the standard cable.

Keep in note the "failing" reviews on Amazon are or seem mainly to steem from the problem with the lack of the copper ring, FiiO has alerted that they have since recalled stock and are now supplying the updated ones through authorized channels. Ones that are unauthorized 3rd party can carry the last gen.

Some people a few pages back were talking about these guys

Are they any good? or should I stay away from them?

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #7,353 of 9,690
I just got mine a few days ago through Amazon. Loving them.

The comply tips give me a perfect fit. Just a question though,i'm playing them mostly on my older model HTC EVO through the Poweramp app, some of my songs are ALAC but most are AAC any recommendation for using them at their fullist potential on a mobile device.

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #7,354 of 9,690
Quote:
Hey guys

Have owned the triple fi for around a year now, and the cable has finally started failing - am losing sound on the left side, the issue being probably a break in the wiring around where i hook it around my ear (volume changes as i wiggle it)

Anyway, I was looking at some replacement cables and thought I'd begin with the logitech store - which has all this about september 2010 and two different kinds of cables. Does that have anything at all to do with the triple-fi? Cause mine doesn't look like either one - instead it looks like something between the two

Of course, if I'm going to spend 30 bucks on the logitech store, I may as well consider other options
What are some good aftermarket cables that I can get for around 30 dollars? Would prefer if it made the sound a little brighter, but wouldn't mind if it stayed around the same. I am not interested in cables which will make my triple fi's sound even warmer.

Thanks

If you are looking at the custom IEM cables, then they will both "work".  One has plugs with a sheath(prevents the wires from going in all the way) and the others have the plug wires exposed.  I personally got the ones before sept. with the wires exposed. These cables will fit, but with a bit of force. Using these cables will stretch out the terminal sockets in the headphones so you can't go back to a stock cable (doubt anyone would want to anyway).  Are they worth it? Yes, they are much better quality than the stock cable, fit and feel nicer around the ear, and sound does improve all around.  If you are curious about what they look like on a stock housing I can take some pics for you tomorrow.

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #7,355 of 9,690
Some people a few pages back were talking about these guys

Are they any good? or should I stay away from them?

I have one of those cables, I highly recommend them. Offers increased comfort, builds solid, I'm very happy with sound changes it has provided. For the money you can't really go wrong with Dark Lord.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #7,363 of 9,690
Quote:
TF10s just came in today and I want to make love to these earbuds, and they're not even burned in yet ..... wait ... what? lol

Well... I guess they kinda look like a body part???

OK OK then, Just do it.

But don't get caught. It is illegal in 9 states.

LOLz, Just kidding, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #7,364 of 9,690
Do I need to wear the earbuds around the ear? There really uncomfortable when I do I dont know if its because Im using a Westone Epic cable. Any body have similar experiences with the Westone cable? 

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #7,365 of 9,690
why does the item say dard lord? seems a bit dodge

Pretty much everything Watagump said.

It's a typo. if you look further in the listing it's correctly written as Dark Lord. How that typo would even remotely make the cable dodgey I don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back