Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #7,338 of 9,690
These definitely sound great...but they can't seem to stay in my right ear T.T
They are perfectly comfortable with the flipflop mod for my left ear but they never seem to but quite still in my right :/ 

Any tips for that? 
Using sony hybrids~

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #7,339 of 9,690
Quote:
They are perfectly comfortable with the flipflop mod for my left ear but they never seem to but quite still in my right :/ 

Any tips for that? 
Using sony hybrids~

[size=10pt]only suggestion I can think of would be keep trying, keep trying, one or other tip will fit.[/size]
[size=10pt]I tried tips from many other IEM's and finally found VSonic GR02 tips for perfect fit with TF10 (not the colored ones but others which has wide bore), I can walk with them without any issue and isolation is also quite good for bus and also for Metro use. I was surprised with isolation as it is not even double flange and max vol I use on iPhone4 is 30%.[/size]

[size=10pt]Catch here is never use a tip which has bore width less than stock tips (like hybrids), they will change the SQ for worst…try only tips which has bore same as stock tips.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]nothing like using TF10 on go, keep trying....[/size]

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #7,340 of 9,690
Quote:

Any tips for that? 
Using sony hybrids~

I had that same problem and after I did the flip flop mod the fit great and I could jog with them and never have to adjust them at all.  All you do is take the cord off and flip the housing around 180 and reattach, they sit so much better in the ear after that.

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #7,341 of 9,690
I did the flip flop mod too + cable guides. exchanged the left driver with the right driver in an inverted position. (If that make sense. lol) . but i've pics up no worries
wink_face.gif
. Comfy and isolated well (really secure, i use it to exercise too
biggrin.gif
)

(inverted left driver on right ear. Don't protrude out like frankenstein bolts anymore.lol)

My rig btw. hehe

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #7,343 of 9,690
Quote:
I did the flip flop mod too + cable guides. exchanged the left driver with the right driver in an inverted position. (If that make sense. lol) . but i've pics up no worries
wink_face.gif
. Comfy and isolated well (really secure, i use it to exercise too
biggrin.gif
)

(inverted left driver on right ear. Don't protrude out like frankenstein bolts anymore.lol)

My rig btw. hehe

Your pic help's.....thankyou

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #7,344 of 9,690
Quote:
Using a standard cable, so what exactly is the flip flop mod?

You can do a flip flop mod using standard cables too. please refer to pics in my previous post. do note the left marked "L" driver is in my right ear. some people may prefer the fip flop mod wearing it straight down instead of over the ear like the picture below. but i do find that its not as secure and isolating as over the ear flip flop mod. i highly recommend using cable guides. but that's my personal preference. some people may find it uncomfortable.

hope my explanation was clear
regular_smile .gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #7,346 of 9,690
just received a pair of  tf 10's this afternoon and am already searching for a set of upgraded cables.
these iem's resolve very very well imho and can't wait to get the most out of what these headphones can really do.
pretty comfortable too. (so far).

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #7,347 of 9,690
Quote:
just received a pair of  tf 10's this afternoon and am already searching for a set of upgraded cables.
these iem's resolve very very well imho and can't wait to get the most out of what these headphones can really do.
pretty comfortable too. (so far).

My recabled TF10 was probably the second best thing to happen to my portable rig :p First is and always will be the Tomahawk

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #7,349 of 9,690
Hey guys

Have owned the triple fi for around a year now, and the cable has finally started failing - am losing sound on the left side, the issue being probably a break in the wiring around where i hook it around my ear (volume changes as i wiggle it)

Anyway, I was looking at some replacement cables and thought I'd begin with the logitech store - which has all this about september 2010 and two different kinds of cables. Does that have anything at all to do with the triple-fi? Cause mine doesn't look like either one - instead it looks like something between the two

Of course, if I'm going to spend 30 bucks on the logitech store, I may as well consider other options
What are some good aftermarket cables that I can get for around 30 dollars? Would prefer if it made the sound a little brighter, but wouldn't mind if it stayed around the same. I am not interested in cables which will make my triple fi's sound even warmer.

Thanks

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #7,350 of 9,690
Quote:
Hey guys

Have owned the triple fi for around a year now, and the cable has finally started failing - am losing sound on the left side, the issue being probably a break in the wiring around where i hook it around my ear (volume changes as i wiggle it)

Anyway, I was looking at some replacement cables and thought I'd begin with the logitech store - which has all this about september 2010 and two different kinds of cables. Does that have anything at all to do with the triple-fi? Cause mine doesn't look like either one - instead it looks like something between the two

Of course, if I'm going to spend 30 bucks on the logitech store, I may as well consider other options
What are some good aftermarket cables that I can get for around 30 dollars? Would prefer if it made the sound a little brighter, but wouldn't mind if it stayed around the same. I am not interested in cables which will make my triple fi's sound even warmer.

Thanks

The only other reliable $30 solutions are the FiiO RC UE1

When I say reliable I mean you don't know if the pic of the $30 UE cable you saw on ebay one day with the name and title of X is the same as the next item with a slightly different title and seller with the same pic.

The FiiO RC Ue2 is said to be comming soon along with their Shure replacement cable options.

Biggest difference in regular Logitech cable with RC UE1 is lack of memory wire at the top, "heavier" wire and longer with a straight plug. Don't buy used, first batch of cables were defective, authorized dealers are carrying the new updated ones with copper rings. Cable jack is also straight instead of L shaped as the standard cable.

Keep in note the "failing" reviews on Amazon are or seem mainly to steem from the problem with the lack of the copper ring, FiiO has alerted that they have since recalled stock and are now supplying the updated ones through authorized channels. Ones that are unauthorized 3rd party can carry the last gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back