Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #7,201 of 9,690
Quote:
Dark Lord.
wink.gif

But I heard Dark Lord Cables have some microphonics. Is it less or more? Since its a priority for me. And 100$ means I need to think 10x before buying one , it should be a lot durable. How is your experience (in terms of build quality, microphonics, durability)? I dont really think a cable can vastly change the sound quality, Im a bit comfortable with the fit and comfort of the stock cable, but it breaks down quite often, Can anyone suggest me one thats durable for a long time ( I do care them quite well so only the build quality matters) ?

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #7,202 of 9,690
But I heard Dark Lord Cables have some microphonics. Is it less or more? Since its a priority for me. And 100$ means I need to think 10x before buying one , it should be a lot durable. How is your experience (in terms of build quality, microphonics, durability)? I dont really think a cable can vastly change the sound quality, Im a bit comfortable with the fit and comfort of the stock cable, but it breaks down quite often, Can anyone suggest me one thats durable for a long time ( I do care them quite well so only the build quality matters) ?

I had a look for you and there is some mircophonics, mostly from the earhoops flapping around but only if you leave the chin glider down is it really present. probably a little more than the stock cable (I'm not changing it to check) The cable is not $100 it's $35.00 US, remember it has a straight jack, not an L shape so putting a player in your pocket may put pressure on the jack and cable were it connects.

The build is good, nice and solid,the most improvements you will find is SQ and comfort using this cable.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #7,204 of 9,690
Quote:
Sorry guys. just like to ask if anyone here had done a reshell of the fi10s with added driver to quad drivers and how is the sound signature? any comparison of sound sig to other IEMS?

Would that void the warranty from Logitech ?

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #7,206 of 9,690
Yes I thought so :-|

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #7,207 of 9,690
Hello All,
I just recently purchased a pair of TF10s, I'm loving them, I also bought a cable  but I decided to stick them on my SF3s which has also totally tranformed them into something sounding very nice.
My next step is to DIY a cable for the TFs..........Looking forward to that, I just bought some pins, plugs now waiting for some wire.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #7,209 of 9,690
I have a pair of tf10s. I love the sound on them but the fit just kills it for me. Even with the sony hybrid tips they are very uncomfortable.

Try a different cable that allows more flexibility around the ear guides. It gives the earpieces room to manoeuvre. This way the tips can guide in any angle they like rather than being locked into the stock cables memory shape.

You can pick some cheap ones up for $25 on ebay.

Something like these earhoops are what I'm talking about.

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #7,210 of 9,690
I've owned mine for more than a year. so yeah basically warranty has expired. the fit is terrible in my opinion, but i like the sound sig and just wondered if it would it be a good idea to reshell and add another driver

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #7,211 of 9,690
Just for info, i never wear my triple fi10s over the ear instead i wear it as you would normally do with any other conventional on-ear headphones. improves comfort tremendously..
bigsmile_face.gif
and sound sig remains the same. im using hybrid tips btw

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #7,212 of 9,690
Quote:
Just for info, i never wear my triple fi10s over the ear instead i wear it as you would normally do with any other conventional on-ear headphones. improves comfort tremendously..
bigsmile_face.gif
and sound sig remains the same. im using hybrid tips btw

Because you don't wear it over the ear, due to the large size of the housing, do you find that they tend to fall out?

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #7,213 of 9,690
A win win situation can be done by the flip flop mod, where you switch the left drivers onto the right cable and vice versus. They should curve into your ears rather than poking out.

You get the comfort like wearing them down, and the ear guides hanging them securely.

And, I do not see how a fixed ear guide can improve comfort compared to the memory wire. Can't you twist it however you like?

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #7,215 of 9,690
Quote:
Nope it doesn't fall out. With the hybrid tips, i get a vacuum seal and i do wipe my tips regularly. oily tips tend to slip in my ears.
confused_face.gif

Yeah, mine did not fall out either, but I was not walking around with them - I used them at the office only when sitting at my desk.  I also used hybrid tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back