Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #6,466 of 9,690

Quote:
I've had my TF10s since December,love them for the most part,unfortunately now l'm only getting[size=small] intermittent sound from the right ear[/size],Pretty sure it's the[size=small] cable.[/size]
[size=small]I've ordered a replacement cable from Amazon.Since l only bought(from Amazon) them 5 months ago,what are my chances of getting a free replacement cable from Amazon or [/size]Logitech ?

I just had the same problem as yours and received my replacement TF10s from Logitech today.  I tried the Fiio TF10 cable and that fixed the issue and confirmed it was a cable problem.  I went ahead and contacted logitech about the issue and figured they would just send me a new cable but they wanted me to send back everything.  It took about 2 weeks for me to receive my replacement after they said they received my rma and released the replacement.  The whole process took about a month through the logitech online/email support.  In hindsight, i would have just bought a better replacement cable as the stock cable isn't that great in the first place.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #6,467 of 9,690

Quote:

I just had the same problem as yours and received my replacement TF10s from Logitech today.  I tried the Fiio TF10 cable and that fixed the issue and confirmed it was a cable problem.  I went ahead and contacted logitech about the issue and figured they would just send me a new cable but they wanted me to send back everything.  It took about 2 weeks for me to receive my replacement after they said they received my rma and released the replacement.  The whole process took about a month through the logitech online/email support.  In hindsight, i would have just bought a better replacement cable as the stock cable isn't that great in the first place.

same thing happened to me, and in hindsight i should have just asked for a cable because being without my tf10s for a month was one of the most traumatizing months of my life, but i really liked that it came in completely new packaging

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #6,469 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey I'm looking to buy a set of superfi 5 pros if anyone is selling pm me, I'd post in the headphones for sale but my account is to new
tongue.gif

Get your post count up to 10, then you should be able to post in the For Sale section.

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #6,471 of 9,690

Quote:
Anybody tried the Sony XBA-3 before? Mind share how is it comparing to the TF-10?  I currently have a TF-10 but thinking of changing to the xba-3.

I'd also be interested to read any responses to this question....
Having a tough time making a decision on middle-cost IEMs,and there's just SO MUCH to wade through!

IEMs will never really replace cans with me, but I'm relatively new to IEMs and getting input is never a bad thing.
No place around me that sells anything higher grade than Skullcandy, much less audition anything......
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #6,472 of 9,690
The XBA-2 is closer to price than the XBA-3.  Would that be fair to the TripleFi10?  I'll be honest, I think a good UP-OCC Copper cable does bring out as close to the best that these headphones can do (from what I've read and what I built... which are the UP-OCC).  I'm thinking of building the Pure Silver cables for them, but not sure if it's worth the effort now (since I like the sound of the copper), and I now have my CIEMS... I'd build the cable for them before I'd do it for the TripleFi10.

May 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #6,473 of 9,690
Quote:

So I flip modded it, does this look right?
It doesn't stick out (as) much so I guess it doesn't look (as) ridiculous, probably appropriate to be worn in public.

etysmile.gif

Who cares how ya look?
It's how it SOUNDS that counts, right?

sneeee.....
biggrin.gif

Now I'm stuck batting around the UE's vs Westone3's vs Sony.

ack.

May 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #6,475 of 9,690
I recently reshelled my TF10s. I had always thought that I had a fairly good fit, but the level of isolation is much, much better with the customs. I also find that the midrange seems less recessed, though the bass is still quite powerful.

May 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #6,476 of 9,690
Quote:
I recently reshelled my TF10s. I had always thought that I had a fairly good fit, but the level of isolation is much, much better with the customs. I also find that the midrange seems less recessed, though the bass is still quite powerful.

Who did your reshells?  I know you have a couple of customs from different places.  And is that silver cable still on your TF10?

May 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #6,477 of 9,690
I'm still a bit confused about the flip flop mod, so in the end, the R and L on the body of the connector will face outard and you need to reverse the direction of the memory wire, right?

May 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #6,478 of 9,690
Who did your reshells?  I know you have a couple of customs from different places.  And is that silver cable still on your TF10?

I had 1964 Ears do them. I dropped them off in Portland and got them back in a couple of weeks. Sadly, when I put the silver cable in the original shell of the TF10s, one pin started to come loose. I haven't used them since I got them back. I may plat around with them later today. But it looks as though I'll have to send them back to Chris_himself.

May 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #6,480 of 9,690
I've thought about doing the flip flop mod for awhile and decided to try it and man they fit so much better this way and I get a much better seal, they really sound much better now as the bass sounds so good.  I've had my TF10's since the big black friday sale and I'm just now getting the full sound out of these now, it only took 5 months, lol.  I don't want to make seem like they sound bad before I'd say I was hearing them about 95% and now I'm at 100% so its a slight improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back