Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #6,197 of 9,690
In that situation, I may still go Westone. Two replacement cables so far, although the fit is really nice. I can sleep with them on, flip mod of course. There's always getting a Shure connector installed if I get sick of the Westone pins
tongue.gif

That being said, I wonder how TF10 drivers would sound in a different housing. W3 housing anyone w/i Shure connector?

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #6,198 of 9,690

Quote:
In that situation, I may still go Westone. Two replacement cables so far, although the fit is really nice. I can sleep with them on, flip mod of course. There's always getting a Shure connector installed if I get sick of the Westone pins
tongue.gif

That being said, I wonder how TF10 drivers would sound in a different housing. W3 housing anyone w/i Shure connector?

The guy I posted about a few replies before, do have experience fitting TF10 drivers into different housings. I think he did it with a Shure 535/530.

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #6,199 of 9,690
I've been away from Head-fi for a while but...

I just wanna say, after having owned these headphones since christmas 2010, for $99, probably the best money I ever spent in audio.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #6,200 of 9,690

Quote:
I've been away from Head-fi for a while but...

I just wanna say, after having owned these headphones since christmas 2010, for $99, probably the best money I ever spent in audio.

Yeah, I bought my pair two years ago during the first Amazon sale and was really happy with them when I could get a good fit.  They really spurred me into getting better headphones though...

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #6,202 of 9,690
I've been using the Sony Hybrid tips and they are very comfortable. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #6,205 of 9,690
Just like to put it out there, UE200 tips fit perfectly on TF10's and they don't have the same seal issues as TF10 tips. Funny how UE's "worst" universal iem tips fit better than their best...

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #6,206 of 9,690

Quote:
Just like to put it out there, UE200 tips fit perfectly on TF10's and they don't have the same seal issues as TF10 tips. Funny how UE's "worst" universal iem tips fit better than their best...

I can confirm this. Also they don't slip off the nozzle as easily as the TF10 silicones do.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #6,207 of 9,690
hi. they have these on special for around $175 where i'm from. it puts it above my budget but i'm thinking it might be worth it. i have a jvc fxc80, meelec a151 and a brainwavz m4. would the triple fi 10s be a huge upgrade to what i have? to what would you say these are comparable to (sound signature and value wise).
cheers.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #6,208 of 9,690

Quote:
Amazon didn't run out of them. Here they are

Well being on an Triple Fi. 10 Appreciation Thread, the answer would most likely be "yes, go for it" but that's up to you. I havent heard other IEMs around the triple fi price range, so i cant say from personal experiences, but i have read that it is one of the best all around around the $300 along with some westones, shures, etc but at <$170? as long as the fit is a non issue, its pretty much a no brainer. And i guess if you dont like the way it look, that could be a problem too.
you can definitely find them cheapter than $170 BNIB on the forums or you can get them used for $125 on amazon.

on a side note, ive actually been looking at getting  an iem for my friend. Looking at the vsonsic gr06 or the brainwavz m4. what are your impressions of the m4s?

Good luck!

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #6,209 of 9,690

Right when I start to get REAL comfortable with my new triple fi's my dog eats em....    Guys, can this be salvaged easily?  I looked on ebay for parts and googled a bit with no luck.  Can I just send them off somewhere to get some custom molds?  Or if I could somehow find a new plastic tip and fill in the little chip there somehow I should be good right?  I have the old tip but its in very rough shape.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #6,210 of 9,690

Quote:

Right when I start to get REAL comfortable with my new triple fi's my dog eats em....    Guys, can this be salvaged easily?  I looked on ebay for parts and googled a bit with no luck.  Can I just send them off somewhere to get some custom molds?  Or if I could somehow find a new plastic tip and fill in the little chip there somehow I should be good right?  I have the old tip but its in very rough shape.

Get customs made from InEarZ for $85 with the head-fi group buy.

http://www.inearz.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back