Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #6,211 of 9,690

Quote:

Right when I start to get REAL comfortable with my new triple fi's my dog eats em....    Guys, can this be salvaged easily?  I looked on ebay for parts and googled a bit with no luck.  Can I just send them off somewhere to get some custom molds?  Or if I could somehow find a new plastic tip and fill in the little chip there somehow I should be good right?  I have the old tip but its in very rough shape.

wow, that's awful! only thing you can do is have them made into customs like you said, or sell them to someone who will, and buy yourself a new pair.......

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #6,217 of 9,690
these drivers are very sensitive... I've seen one that got chewed by a dog in the UM remold thread, and UM didn't accept it... but that one was in much rougher shape.. the best way to do it is send these to custome IEM companies and let them do the examination.. if they don't work.. then take the money back and sell the one functional ear piece.. if they do.. you can save the hassle of fixing these yourself.. and have a more comfortable TF10 with possible improvement in SQ

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #6,218 of 9,690
Or buy another earpiece from someone else. I think there are a few single sided TF10 on the FS/FT/WTB section.

Good luck.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6,219 of 9,690

Quote:
Or buy another earpiece from someone else. I think there are a few single sided TF10 on the FS/FT/WTB section.

Good luck.

I tried to find a listing for this and was unable to.  I tried to post a WTB posting but am not yet allowed.  If you see a listing can you please PM me or reply here?  This would probably be the cheapest option, but I would still probably need to take them to a local electrician of some kind to doctor them up a bit as opposed to hacking them up with glue or something. :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #6,220 of 9,690

Quote:
these drivers are very sensitive... I've seen one that got chewed by a dog in the UM remold thread, and UM didn't accept it... but that one was in much rougher shape.. the best way to do it is send these to custome IEM companies and let them do the examination.. if they don't work.. then take the money back and sell the one functional ear piece.. if they do.. you can save the hassle of fixing these yourself.. and have a more comfortable TF10 with possible improvement in SQ

I'm sure they're sensitive but the drivers themselves look fine as far as I can tell.  What is the general consensus on the top couple of companies I can trust to send these off to with the best odds of getting them to accept them as/is and do the best work?

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #6,221 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm sure they're sensitive but the drivers themselves look fine as far as I can tell.  What is the general consensus on the top couple of companies I can trust to send these off to with the best odds of getting them to accept them as/is and do the best work?

It all depends on what you want to spend. Two of the top dogs in quality are Unique Melody and 1964 Ears. You will pay for that, InEarZ, is the price leader with the group buy price from here. I doubt any company would turn them away, since all they need are the drivers and the crossover thats inside.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #6,222 of 9,690

Quote:
It all depends on what you want to spend. Two of the top dogs in quality are Unique Melody and 1964 Ears. You will pay for that, InEarZ, is the price leader with the group buy price from here. I doubt any company would turn them away, since all they need are the drivers and the crossover thats inside.

Honestly I do not want to spend a lot for them, I picked these up for like $100 new.  I just want to be able to listen to them again but would consider going custom if that's the best option.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #6,223 of 9,690

Quote:
Honestly I do not want to spend a lot for them, I picked these up for like $100 new.  I just want to be able to listen to them again but would consider going custom if that's the best option :frowning2:

Then go with InEarZ, group buy price is $85 and free basic artwork $25 value. You could be out the door with shipping next day air for like $103, of course you need impressions done, which can be done for $15 or so with a DIY kit, or $50 from an audiologist, give or take. Other things can raise the price like a custom color, $10 or a better cable for about $30.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #6,224 of 9,690

Quote:
Then go with InEarZ, group buy price is $85 and free basic artwork $25 value. You could be out the door with shipping next day air for like $103, of course you need impressions done, which can be done for $15 or so with a DIY kit, or $50 from an audiologist, give or take. Other things can raise the price like a custom color, $10 or a better cable for about $30.

That sounds do-able.  Any active group buys going on?  I don't need next day air as these are for personal/casual use and I have a set of Monster Turbines to hold me over.  I was not aware there is a DIY kit available for impressions, pretty cool.  However I will most likely spring for the audiologist, there is a slight chance my employer could cover this as well.  Thanks for the recommendations and quick response.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #6,225 of 9,690

Quote:
That sounds do-able.  Any active group buys going on?  I don't need next day air as these are for personal/casual use and I have a set of Monster Turbines to hold me over.  I was not aware there is a DIY kit available for impressions, pretty cool.  However I will most likely spring for the audiologist, there is a slight chance my employer could cover this as well.  Thanks for the recommendations and quick response.

The group buy is going on till May 1st. Contact info for Kaysen at Fisher Hearing is below the thread link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread

http://www.inearz.com/contact-us/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back