Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #6,182 of 9,690
I'm resting my ES5 for a few days to give my inner ear canals a break so I pulled out my Triple-Fi's. It's like renewing an old love affair. Listening with the Classic and Stepdance, they sound great.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #6,183 of 9,690

Quote:
Simple as decoring, no?

If you find Comply foams cut out too much of the treble, either put them on the earphone backwards, or decore them and shove the foam into the medium silicone tips. You get the isolation of foams without any detail loss.

good tip thanks. I just cut a bit of the complyfoam tips so doesn't reduce treble so much.

for some reason I can't get a good fit with the silicon tips in my left ear. Need to buy some more tips, any recommendations besides comply foams?

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #6,184 of 9,690
http://www.head-fi.org/t/601435/triplefi-10-eq-settings-tell-me-you-can-do-better#post_8232250

Just some recommended eq settings if anyones interested, were done using 'neutron' media player.
It fills in the mids for the tf10, and can give the hump that etymotic use for their iems. They say the hump is required for iems.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #6,185 of 9,690
Does everyone buy the tf10's from amazon? Do they have the cheapest price? I'm just worried because a lot of people seem to have something wrong with them when they arrive and it would be a hassle for me to send them all the way back from Aus...

Cheers

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #6,186 of 9,690

Quote:
Does everyone buy the tf10's from amazon? Do they have the cheapest price? I'm just worried because a lot of people seem to have something wrong with them when they arrive and it would be a hassle for me to send them all the way back from Aus...
Cheers

Mine came from someone here who bought them from Amazon during the BF deal. ebay use to have them for $119.95, they are a lot higher now. Amazon seems slightly cheaper, you can also try the FS/FT section here.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #6,187 of 9,690
I bought my TF10 from amazon.com almost a year ago-- and it works perfectly to this day. In fact, I buy most of my audio gear from amazon and I have never encountered an issue.

Quote:
Cheers

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #6,188 of 9,690
I got mine from Amazon and the sound great.  I don't have any of the sound and channel problems that others did during the black friday sale, but Amazon has finally run out so you have to get them from a third party seller now which will effect the return policy.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #6,190 of 9,690

Quote:
Amazon didn't run out of them. Here they are

Show me were "Amazon" not a third party seller on Amazon has them in stock because they don't, thats why I said "third party seller".  Theres company's that are fulfilled by Amazon but they might not have the same return policy.  Thats why I only buy mine from the actual Amazon store and not some third party seller on Amazon because they have the best return policy imo.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #6,191 of 9,690
For those who are looking for a aftermarket vi cable, of your own choice of material - be it occ silver, copper or anything (well, it depends on whether the guy is willing or not), Check this out. http://www.head-fi.org/t/602534/after-market-cable-mic-for-ue-shure-westone-custom-etc-finally-bo-sir#post_8252218

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #6,192 of 9,690

Quote:
Cheers

I got mine off of eBay for the $119 "deal". I figured it wouldn't hurt since I usually have good luck with getting electronics that last a while.

Thing is, most Amazon resellers are out to make a quick buck with these TF10's. Probably mass bought them during the Black Friday sale under multiple accounts, then sold under one. Count me as surprised if you manage to get one of the older TF10 boxes that are reflective and all.

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #6,194 of 9,690
This is why I have backups lol.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #6,195 of 9,690

Quote:
This is why I have backups lol.

^Smart. If mine permanently conked out, I'd probably be forced to move to a UM2 RC since it's near impossible to find TF10s now for a good price. They're going for $230 anyways and it's cheaper than the UM2/W2 so might as well. Less cable headaches down the road too. It's either that or a used custom to reshell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back