Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #5,791 of 9,690
I'm becoming more and more intrigued by this Fiio cable...

Is anyone else planning to buy them and test them out?

Oh, and I'm not sure if this was answered before, but does it bring the mids forward?

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #5,793 of 9,690

Quote:
This Fiio cable is kinda microphonic, even wearing them over-the-ear. And to clarify what I mean by "more natural"...you know that slight metallic sheen over the sound of the TF10? That's not there with the Fiio cable.

Really? That's one of the primary reasons I despised the TF10  

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #5,794 of 9,690
Yes. Waiting for some backup.
wink.gif
Not too many of use have this cable though, it seems.

I'm going to A/B them tomorrow. Not going to be easy.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #5,795 of 9,690
I went back to the default wear-style(reversed the flip-flop mod), as I think the angle of the Fiio plug into the 'phones is designed in a manner as to help facilitate over-the-ear wear. And I'm definitely getting a better fit. They stick out more, oh well. I can live with it.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #5,798 of 9,690

Quote:
I wear my TF10s over ear. Will the Fiio cable cause any problems weaing it the same way?

I wear mine over the ears also with the FiiO, yes it would be better with memory wire, but I use the chin slider, so they work fine. I can feel the cable move around the back of my ear at times, but it doesnt cause any issues. Currently being used with the Comply tips that came with them, I have a tight fit and they stay in place. I have also trimmed the Comply's down to the inner core piece, so they are flush with that now. I am very happy with the sound I now have with this combo.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #5,800 of 9,690

Quote:
I use my cans with my phone. Will there be any difference e.g bad if I get the RIo cable?

Not sure what you mean by a difference, its just a better cable with a standard 3.5mm plug. My main goal of getting a new cable was just so I didnt have to deal with the tangles from the stock cable. I also didnt like using the extension. The FiiO is a beast, way over built, doesnt tangle, has good length and other benefits IMHO.

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #5,801 of 9,690

Quote:
I wear my TF10s over ear. Will the Fiio cable cause any problems wearing it the same way?

Nope.  I wear them that way too and while I was initially worried about this, if anything not worrying about the memory wire makes it easier IMO.  The plastic has a bend in the direction the wire goes over the ears so it works quite naturally.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #5,803 of 9,690
I wear my over the ear, and had to cut the memory wire on my Aretes, they are not bendable and were at weird angles so I cut the memory section off..

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #5,804 of 9,690

Quote:
Hello @ cute. I am currently using the larges UE blueish single silicon tips on them right now. They are serving the purpose just fine..

Now I am trying some short Complys I've found (gray). I don't know the model number. I generally don't like Comply tips on my IEMs, but these don't sound bad. I'm not sure if it's better than the stock silicon or not though...

@ericp10.  I am using Phonak large silicone tips....they are really comfortable, quick seal, sound great, but I ordered Comply Ts200's for both the XBA-4 and TF-10.  I am using Ts500 on my RE272 and BA200, because they retain the sound qualities of silicone without the resonance that silicone tips add.  The Ts Comply tips do not alter sound like the normal Comply tips, which is where Comply gets a bad rap.  The Ts tips have outperformed silicone tips on almost all IEM's that I am using them with....and because they are shorter and rounded, they don't wear as fast as normal Comply tips.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #5,805 of 9,690
cute they must have made a special one-time run of the BA200 because I can't find those IEMs anywhere!! lol

Quote:

@ericp10.  I am using Phonak large silicone tips....they are really comfortable, quick seal, sound great, but I ordered Comply Ts200's for both the XBA-4 and TF-10.  I am using Ts500 on my RE272 and BA200, because they retain the sound qualities of silicone without the resonance that silicone tips add.  The Ts Comply tips do not alter sound like the normal Comply tips, which is where Comply gets a bad rap.  The Ts tips have outperformed silicone tips on almost all IEM's that I am using them with....and because they are shorter and rounded, they don't wear as fast as normal Comply tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back