Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 18, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #5,146 of 9,690
Thanks for the tip :wink:

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #5,148 of 9,690
If you do a quick search for either names, you'll see the owner threads which talk quite a bit about their respective services.  To net it out, InEarz is cheaper and in the US.  UM is more expensive but supposedly has a cleaner product.  For me, I didn't want to incur a large shipping cost and time sending them internationally if they didn't fit, so I went with InEarz.  Lots of happy customers for both.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #5,149 of 9,690
From what I have read and seen, the UM products have, without question, the cleanest and highest quality reshells available in terms of how the material looks. Bubble free, acyclic that looks like glass, awesome colors, awesome artwork with excellent detail, etc. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #5,150 of 9,690

Quote:
If you do a quick search for either names, you'll see the owner threads which talk quite a bit about their respective services.  To net it out, InEarz is cheaper and in the US.  UM is more expensive but supposedly has a cleaner product.  For me, I didn't want to incur a large shipping cost and time sending them internationally if they didn't fit, so I went with InEarz.  Lots of happy customers for both.

Quote:
From what I have read and seen, the UM products have, without question, the cleanest and highest quality reshells available in terms of how the material looks. Bubble free, acyclic that looks like glass, awesome colors, awesome artwork with excellent detail, etc. 

Thank you for the info, greatly appreciated, lots of good things i see with both

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #5,152 of 9,690
Curious to see the response from Logitech at this question :

Are the UE TripleFi 10's being discontinued?

I've read from other sources that the TF10's are being discontinued but I can't find anything official, is this true?  If so I'm going to be mad if mine (that I just got a few weeks ago) happen to break and they can only replace them with the dual BA driver set of the 700's.  If this is true they must be coming out with a new flagship IEM because while the UE 700's are nice their not near as good as the TF10's.  Come on Ultimate Ears I'm I going to have to get IEM's from your rivals like Westone, Shure or Audio-Technica.  Its time to step your game up guys or fall behind the pack because theres some really good 2 and 3 driver balanced armatures out there now.

Posted at Logitech (12-17-2011) : http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Are-the-UE-TripleFi-10-s-being-discontinued/td-p/754158

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #5,153 of 9,690

Quote:
Curious to see the response from Logitech at this question :

Are the UE TripleFi 10's being discontinued?

I've read from other sources that the TF10's are being discontinued but I can't find anything official, is this true?  If so I'm going to be mad if mine (that I just got a few weeks ago) happen to break and they can only replace them with the dual BA driver set of the 700's.  If this is true they must be coming out with a new flagship IEM because while the UE 700's are nice their not near as good as the TF10's.  Come on Ultimate Ears I'm I going to have to get IEM's from your rivals like Westone, Shure or Audio-Technica.  Its time to step your game up guys or fall behind the pack because theres some really good 2 and 3 driver balanced armatures out there now.

Posted at Logitech (12-17-2011) : http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Are-the-UE-TripleFi-10-s-being-discontinued/td-p/754158

considering how the TF10s arent listed anywhere on logitech's website, i think they have been discontinued, what they will release in the future, i highly doubt that they will leak it to us

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #5,154 of 9,690
If they really are discontinued.. do you think the price will increase or decrease on the remaining units? 

I sure hope UE's got a new flagship in the works or else they really will fall behind.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #5,155 of 9,690
^I'm pretty sure the price won't decrease as it's allready sold for a very low price considering it's a triple driver IEM. 

Also, will aftermarket cables for the TF10 will keep being sold in the future even if they are discontinued?

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #5,156 of 9,690

[size=1.7em] Shure EASFX2-10M Medium Black Soft Flex Sleeves for E2c [/size]

just tried these shure eartips on my tf10 awesome comfort and sound anyone having fit issues i recommend these bass,mids,highs its all there now !!!! i am using size large and dont wanna take em out now wow!!!!here is the link   

[size=1.7em] Shure EASFX2-10M Medium Black Soft Flex Sleeves for E2c www.amazon.com[/size]

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #5,157 of 9,690
Oh snap. That's not good.

I'm sure the price is only going to go up from here if that is indeed the case. Same thing that happened when the Panasonic HJE900s were discontinued in the US, the price shot through the roof. They were available for around $110 - $130 from most online retailers and shot up to about $200 in the blink of an eye.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #5,158 of 9,690
i just checked out the ue site and no tf10 listed !!!!wish i bought 2 prs of them on black fri sale instead i got x10 &tf10 if i had known this i would have forgone the x10 and invested in second pr tf10 duhhh!!!guess thats what i get for being late to the uetf10 paryt lol of well sad day indeed

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #5,159 of 9,690
Mine just broke two hours ago T_T
The left driver become less loud than the right one.
I think i am going to send it to UM for a remold if it is because of the cable.
However, if it is due the the driver, it will be a waste of money. How can i check it T_T

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #5,160 of 9,690
I doubt the remold with solve your problem unless the you have used them for a super long period and shorted them out with moisture from your ears (I've done this once, the sound was severely crippled). Mine were unbalanced to begin with though and I already have replacements on the way. If they are just slightly unbalanced I have a feeling it's the drivers, UM probably can't do much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back