Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #5,026 of 9,690
This has already been discussed, and according to a UE rep, the TF10 is NOT discontinued. Although there seems to be a difference of opinion from TF10 carriers/dealers.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #5,027 of 9,690
According to Logitech support in Canada it's discontinued, they offered me UE700s instead which I obviously declined. They tried to tell me they didn't carry them. It's not on their US or Candian website either.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #5,028 of 9,690
Hmm... seems this isn't the first time either. 
confused_face_2.gif

All the while...

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #5,029 of 9,690
When I read that second post I checked the site and it was still there, after my conversation with support the other day I checked and it was no where to be found except in the support section.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #5,030 of 9,690

Add me to the list who have ordered and awaiting delivery of a Chris_Himself cable. I'm more excited about the sound quality improvements over anything. The stock cable isn't nearly as bad to me as others claim. But I can't get over the recessed mids. Hoping this will resolve that.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #5,031 of 9,690
According to Logitech support in Canada it's discontinued, they offered me UE700s instead which I obviously declined. They tried to tell me they didn't carry them. It's not on their US or Candian website either.

Jeez, how much does it take to convince some people? Here's the Logitech website.. Full price, not that anyone pays it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #5,032 of 9,690

What's the price for that cable? I assume if I decide to get custom remolds, this cable would work fine right? How do I go about ordering them?

Quote:

Add me to the list who have ordered and awaiting delivery of a Chris_Himself cable. I'm more excited about the sound quality improvements over anything. The stock cable isn't nearly as bad to me as others claim. But I can't get over the recessed mids. Hoping this will resolve that.

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #5,033 of 9,690

Quote:
What's the price for that cable? I assume if I decide to get custom remolds, this cable would work fine right? How do I go about ordering them?

Check his site, all info there
http://chrishimselfaudio.blogspot.com/p/pricing.html

I was really close to ordering one but going to find some place to ABX cables to see if I can ever hear a difference between cheap and better, too much controversy about whether SQ is affected by cables I'm not quite ready to take the leap.

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #5,034 of 9,690

Quote:
When I read that second post I checked the site and it was still there, after my conversation with support the other day I checked and it was no where to be found except in the support section.

So I wonder if they are telling you a fib lol.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #5,035 of 9,690

Quote:
Jeez, how much does it take to convince some people? Here's the Logitech website.. Full price, not that anyone pays it.

I couldn't find it navigating from their main page. They are out of stock on the one you linked.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #5,036 of 9,690
Dec 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #5,037 of 9,690
lol sorry wasnt talking about that at all. i was talking about the awkward post earlier... left me speechless at how pointless the whole interaction was. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #5,038 of 9,690
I received mine this monday, and Im glad they came perfectly fine, because returning them would have been a pain because im not in the US...

This things are huge, comming from etymotic HF2, had a little trouble to get a proper fit, but Im getting used to it :) so far sound good, love the mids and bass. I can detect imperfections between flac and mp3 320kbps which says a lot for me.

Does anyone know if there are custom cables with mic and button?

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #5,039 of 9,690

Quote:
I received mine this monday, and Im glad they came perfectly fine, because returning them would have been a pain because im not in the US...

This things are huge, comming from etymotic HF2, had a little trouble to get a proper fit, but Im getting used to it :) so far sound good, love the mids and bass. I can detect imperfections between flac and mp3 320kbps which says a lot for me.

Does anyone know if there are custom cables with mic and button?

I know they exist.....but I've not been able to find them again.  However, I thought they were just as much as the 'normal street' price ~$200US.....

I have the UE version of the TF10vi cable ($29.99 total, shipped in US), and it is nicer than the stock 'glossy' TF10 cable.  Thinner, a bit more flexible, doesn't tangle, the mic works well, and has the button for pickup/release call, etc.  I'm going to get another if I can't find a custom one (at a price I feel is worth it to me)....FWIW.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #5,040 of 9,690

Quote:
I know they exist.....but I've not been able to find them again.  However, I thought they were just as much as the 'normal street' price ~$200US.....

I have the UE version of the TF10vi cable ($29.99 total, shipped in US), and it is nicer than the stock 'glossy' TF10 cable.  Thinner, a bit more flexible, doesn't tangle, the mic works well, and has the button for pickup/release call, etc.  I'm going to get another if I can't find a custom one (at a price I feel is worth it to me)....FWIW.

yeah i will order a replacement cable at amazon which are not expensive, but just wanted to know if there were better quality ones, thanks for the info about the cable being more flexible, it definetly will help for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back