Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 8, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #4,996 of 9,690
I'm 20 in 6 months and I don't think I'm going to change much more - So yea, I reckon you'll get away with 18
redface.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #4,997 of 9,690
Good news everyone (not really), I'm pulling an all nighter for a big school project tomorrow. As you can imagine there was some moisture build up since they've been in my ears for so long, so I twist the end of a Q-tip, gently against the nozzle to get rid of the moisture build up and the freaking right driver lost a bunch of bass and volume, listening to my IE8s now. The left side got quieter overall too but retains bass. I can get bass for a split second and then they go back to quiet weird distant but still clear crap... What. So much for my right side being better. I'm going to heavily insist the eBayer gives me the retail Amazon package instead of his other black Friday box. Tonight is the most I've gotten to enjoy them and they crapped on me. I didn't think removing moisture would cause a problem, thought it would be the other way around. Checked in the nozzles with my iPhones light and they are clear of debris. Customs are a must when I get my new pair! This displeases me. I had so many good comments about them tonight as well. They wowed the hell out of me even with their mildly unbalanced left side and now they lost half their volume and are mega unbalanced. Is it a short from moisture? You'd figure they'd think of that sort of thing, just weird that it happened after I removed the potential threat. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #4,998 of 9,690
Whoops my bad. They said it was stage93 not audiohub... Got the two mixed up >< It'll be nice to have someone selling your cables locally though... Btw does your warranty cover if (touch wood) the solid core breaks?

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #4,999 of 9,690
what tips r u using?as far as selling one of the es8 not at the moment i like them too much and want the second set as a spare just in case something goes bad. but i got a stock set  with ear hooks installed for free if anyone needs them. just help me out with the shipping.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #5,001 of 9,690
At least your pairs didn't get their volume cut in half lol. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #5,003 of 9,690
If they are sealed properly they could be defective. Lots of bad luck been going around with these. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #5,004 of 9,690

Quote:
Whoops my bad. They said it was stage93 not audiohub... Got the two mixed up >< It'll be nice to have someone selling your cables locally though... Btw does your warranty cover if (touch wood) the solid core breaks?

Um it's like a week transit between SG and here, but I'll rebuild anything that breaks. I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle warranty I don't have an "official" one on paper when you buy my stuff, but FOR NOW I have a "you break it, I fix it" warranty since it's not that hard to fix it.

If anything the "no questions asked" warranty I have going on is just a drive for me to build the absolute best quality stuff I can to cover my butt in the long run...

I'm an amateur at this btw, I only started earlier this year lol. I'm surprised so many people have heard of me, I just like appreciate the TF10's and I build these for fun, I swear. Although lately I'm getting buried thanks to the black friday deal!

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #5,006 of 9,690
Just received my two ES8 cable, wow, really nice so far, makes them a lot less prone to moving - Yea the cable wrapping isn't very tight, but along as you don't catch it on anything I don't see a huge problem 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #5,010 of 9,690
WHERES MY FREE BLACK FILAMENT!! lol  heres a picture for everyone. my cable Chris just finished.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back