Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #4,966 of 9,690

Quote:
Do these have to be worn over the ear? I cant stand over the ear...

Probably not but they make the most sense to wear over-the-ear. I wasn't use to over-the ear-at first. But after a while I found it to be even more less noticeable to wear them over-the-ear than not.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #4,968 of 9,690

Quote:
Word. Also, are these going to be noticeably better than my RE-Zeros? Those were dope until my mom washed them in the laundry when I came home for summer. 

Aren't the RE-Zeros a completely different sound signature than the TF10s? I always thought Hifimans products were on the neutral side, quite different from balanced still. I guess it would just depend on your sound signature preference. One isn't necessarily better than the other (all subjective).

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #4,970 of 9,690

Quote:
Im not totally sure where your drawing the line in your definition of Neutral and Balance? If something is balanced isn't it by definition Neutral?

Sorry I may have gotten Neutral mixed with analytical. The thing is the TF10 doesn't sound thin like other "neutral" IEMs.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #4,972 of 9,690
Mine are now on the way to be reshelled from kozee. Ordered the kit on the 29th had them showup on Monday and sent my home impressions yesterday. Was going to ask for a slight sound signature change but decided against it. Got rid of my iPhone for a Samsung galaxy so I can adjust as I need because this one has a custom eq :)

I'll keep you all updated.

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #4,973 of 9,690

Quote:
has anyone here tried the comply flip mod ??? i did last nite and it worked for me highs are there now!!! just put the put the tapered end of comply tip on the tf10 sound pipe

Thanks for the... uh... tip. Works a treat.

edit: This became quite uncomfortable after a while. Tried the largest supplied silicon tips and the increase in soundstage and clarity is impressive. Insertion isn't deep but I'm getting a good seal. The bass is more mid bass punch than the smeared low end weight heard with the comply tips. It's a more balanced presentation that could do with a bit more body in the bottom end. Not bad though.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #4,974 of 9,690

Quote:
You have got to love Amazon, they overnighted the replacements and also sent me the retail packaging (blue logitech) box instead of the black friday black box.

Yeah I have to go through the eBay seller since Logitch wants to give me UE700s, lol, no thank you. Read that Amazon was giving proper retail packaging and people reported better quality so I told him to take that route for me. Being in Canada sucks... great county, always ripped off on good sales. OT: I would love to live in Arizona.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #4,975 of 9,690
     Quote:
Lol NewAKGGuy you make it sound like they ever so slowly just starts dying as soon as soon they're exposed to Earth's atmosphere.

I'm not trying to plug myself, but UE stock cables actually led to the developement of the first cables I built haha

Quote:
Need replacement cable... with mic! Praying to the gods of DIYs on headfi 
frown.gif

Et voila CH!

What we need is a durable Chris_Himself TF-10vi cable that undercuts the $250 Beat Audio insult.

Your next offering perhaps?  Maybe we can get a group buy going?

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #4,976 of 9,690
Well looks like I won't make it in the group buy since I'm getting mine made next week.  = [  But still super stoked, getting mine made in person at InEarz since I'll be in the area for a almost a month.  I had an appointment to get impressions made for $25 tomorrow at this really awesome place where I live that does a lot of work with the local opera.  But when I called InEarz they said they do impressions too if I'll already be there.  Does anyone know if there in house cable is worth it or should a buy a cable elsewhere?

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #4,977 of 9,690

Quote:
Surprising. I find the bass to be very impactful and full. This is coming from Someone who owns Denon 5000/FX700s and had IE8s :). I wonder if it has something to do with fit? These things fit crazy good for me and isolation is very good on them. Large standard silicon tips fit really good and I haven't been tempted to try any of my other tips :p

Yes, I'm getting a good fit and seal.  This is using both Comply and included sleeves.  To each his own!

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #4,978 of 9,690
Lol NewAKGGuy you make it sound like they ever so slowly just starts dying as soon as soon they're exposed to Earth's atmosphere.

I'm not trying to plug myself, but UE stock cables actually led to the developement of the first cables I built haha

I'm glad I have some on order from you. I have had my triple fis for 3 days and the rubbery crap around the left earpiece connector already came loose and is exposing the wires. These stock cables are by far the worst I have ever owned!!

EDIT:
Also, what is the proper way to plug in the cable with the flip mod? I tried it a couple times already, but I must've done something wrong, cause they sound way different with the flip mod.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #4,979 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm glad I have some on order from you. I have had my triple fis for 3 days and the rubbery crap around the left earpiece connector already came loose and is exposing the wires. These stock cables are by far the worst I have ever owned!!
EDIT:
Also, what is the proper way to plug in the cable with the flip mod? I tried it a couple times already, but I must've done something wrong, cause they sound way different with the flip mod.

The L and R on the cable face IN like they normally would, cable stays the same everything else flips 

Quote:
     Quote:

Et voila CH!

What we need is a durable Chris_Himself TF-10vi cable that undercuts the $250 Beat Audio insult.

Your next offering perhaps?  Maybe we can get a group buy going?

YOU READ MY MIND I WAS JUST THINKING THAT TO MYSELF TODAY!!!l a Chris_Himself cable with a mic!!! lol i'd be down for one.

also got thinking today how much i love these but hate how far they stick out even with the flip mod, if they were angled just a tad more would almost fit like shure's...

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #4,980 of 9,690
What's the recommendation if I wanted to buy cables now, and still use those same cables if I end up with a re-shell?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back