Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #4,936 of 9,690
Yeah, olor1n. No way those TF10s will compare to most full sized headphones. You're basically trading a lot of SQ for the portability. No reason to use them if you're at home unless you're using them to go to sleep or something.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #4,937 of 9,690

Quote:
^^^^ I think the comfort is bad for everyone, even for those who have them fit well (me). I can shake my head, they seal well and are comfortable. Ask me 2-3 hours later and I'm like, uhhh, yeah, these are starting to bug me, customs please. I can't even put my finger on what bothers me, it might even be the tips O.o

It probably is, try a bunch of non UE tips.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #4,938 of 9,690
Yeah my previous posts may have been a little too critical. They're good, even better now after adjusting the fit. They're certainly a viable alternative even at home when I don't want to be tethered to my desk.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #4,939 of 9,690

Quote:
Got my tf10 today. My first decent earphone, wasn't sure what to expect other than they are well regarded here. Listening straight out of a Rockboxed ipod video at the moment and using the supplied comply foam tips. Fit is good, although it's more comfortable in the right ear.

I haven't read much about them but I have come across some hyperbole. I'm probably spoiled by the LCD-2 and HD650 but I expected the tf10 to be more refined than this. I expected more clarity in the top end and less smear in the bass. I hate the term but it sounds a tad "veiled" at the moment.

How well does the tf10 respond to a portable amp? Something like the E11 or another amp in the same price range.

Very well.  Sounds even better as you improve the amplification beyond Fiio.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #4,940 of 9,690
Early days and I may rue this comment later, but these don't sound too dissimilar to my crappy (decent once EQed) Radius Atomic Bass earphones
blink.gif
. They also remind of the the ATH-M50 minus the grainy high end.

I don't like my TF-10 with the comply foams. Yes, seal is good but it kind of sucks the life out of it. Like what you say, sounds veiled. I prefer it's sound with the silicon tips but I always lose the seal after a while. So I modded the comply foams by shaving off the top a bit, it does opens up the sound making it sound closer to the silicons. But the mod made them degrade more rapidly so I have to change every 2months or so.

I have been using the modded comply till I heard about the monster gel tips. Now I'm using them, they seems to be the best of both worlds, well at least to me (",)

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4,941 of 9,690

Quote:
Yeah my previous posts may have been a little too critical. They're good, even better now after adjusting the fit. They're certainly a viable alternative even at home when I don't want to be tethered to my desk.

Thats when you break out the 2lb "portable audiophile brick" man!

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #4,942 of 9,690
Here goes again guys. I haven't had the greatest luck contacting the seller but maybe it's just because he's not on eBay a lot so I emailed him. As for the issue in question again. 

Does anyone have ideas as to why the left driver is inferior to the right in terms of treble extension and having more bass than it should? For those of you just joining on the matter, I've ruled out the fit issue and all of that good stuff. 

EDIT: Ok so the seller did try and get back to me but eBay was being stupid. Anyways he sent me the receipt and said he'll make sure I'm happy pretty much. I called logitech and explained the situation, even that I'd purchased it from eBay! They seemed cool with it but wanted to offer me the UE700 as a replacement if I sent in my TF10s and that's just not going to fly. The seller said he'll make sure I get a replacement but that I may have to pay some shipping since I'm in Canada. I'm ok with this, the seller has been excellent about it and is giving me more than UE700s as replacements. I do appreciate that Logitech looked past the eBay thing because I told them that the seller bought it authorized from Amazon and that I now had a receipt. But I think the seller is the one to thank most here. 100% feedback and doing everything he can to make me happy. Love people like that. Unlike that boob who tried to sell me fake IE8s and said he didn't know they were and all that other BS. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #4,945 of 9,690

Quote:
Time to look over this thread for new cables. This part has become loose somehow and now it won't stay over my ears when wearing them. 

I do not like the shipped cable from the TF10...however I really like the replacement TF10vi cable from Logitech....otherwise I'd be looking at these:

http://www.westone.com/catalog/elite-series-monitor-replacement-cables

and....

There are several TF10 Cable replacement threads already, not just in this one.  

Here's one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/364525/recable-for-ue-triple-fi-10

Or just go to eBay and search for 'Ultimate Ears Cable'...

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #4,946 of 9,690
i am currently using earhooks that came with my soundmagic pl30 phones and i it works well with stock tf10 cables!!!earhooks mite be route to with these iems using  the flip mod. waiting for my es8 cables to arrive ant day now

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #4,947 of 9,690

Quote:
I have the same issue with the pair I received from Amazon, I simply got on the live support at Amazon.com and they are overnighting a brand new pair to me tomorrow.  Hopefully this pair will not have the same issue.  Good luck with yours and if you can ge tthe original receipt form the seller you should be able to get a replacement pair from logitech.

You have got to love Amazon, they overnighted the replacements and also sent me the retail packaging (blue logitech) box instead of the black friday black box.

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #4,949 of 9,690

Quote:

I do not like the shipped cable from the TF10...however I really like the replacement TF10vi cable from Logitech....otherwise I'd be looking at these:

http://www.westone.com/catalog/elite-series-monitor-replacement-cables

and....

There are several TF10 Cable replacement threads already, not just in this one.  

Here's one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/364525/recable-for-ue-triple-fi-10

Or just go to eBay and search for 'Ultimate Ears Cable'...

another thread with reviews: (I know its a re-post) http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/12-custom-iem-tf10-cables-reviewed-double-helix-symbiote-crystal-piccolino-added-11-16-2011

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #4,950 of 9,690
Did the cable flip mod and fit is much better. They don't look as silly either. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back