Oct 26, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #4,321 of 9,690
Looks pretty nice

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #4,324 of 9,690

Quote:
Yeah my package looks like that.

Tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at that 
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #4,327 of 9,690
I guess the older one that comes in a silver & bluish green box has tf10 with straight jack, and the newer box have tf10 with the revised angled jack.
The "new" one isn't new at all... Saw it in shops since June 2011 (could be longer, but I wasn't "audiophile" yet) :D
I owned the straight jack version.

Anyways, how old is the tf10 already?! Come on logitech, please announce a replacement and start phasing out the tf10 on black friday.. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #4,329 of 9,690

Quote:
I guess the older one that comes in a silver & bluish green box has tf10 with straight jack, and the newer box have tf10 with the revised angled jack.
The "new" one isn't new at all... Saw it in shops since June 2011 (could be longer, but I wasn't "audiophile" yet)
biggrin.gif

I owned the straight jack version.
Anyways, how old is the tf10 already?! Come on logitech, please announce a replacement and start phasing out the tf10 on black friday.. Thanks!

If it's a good flagship IEM, why replace it? Same thing with the Ety ER-4S.

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #4,330 of 9,690

Quote:

I really don't understand why in the hell Logitech would buy out Ultimate Ears just to run the brand into the ground...

The customs however are still handled solely by the old Ultimate Ears staff and resources... thats why the UE Reference is still doing somewhat good while they figure out what to do with the universal IEM's....

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4,331 of 9,690

Quote:

I really don't understand why in the hell Logitech would buy out Ultimate Ears just to run the brand into the ground...

The customs however are still handled solely by the old Ultimate Ears staff and resources... thats why the UE Reference is still doing somewhat good while they figure out what to do with the universal IEM's....

Well, the Triple Fi 10 is introduced into the Australian market recently. Probably someday they are going to rebrand it into the UE 1000 or something.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #4,332 of 9,690

Quote:

They had to chop the price in 1/2 in recent times because sales have suffered because it is the worst ergonomics of any IEM ever made.  It needs a re-shelling of some type.

What is puzzling is that Super Fi Pro has same (but slightly smaller) housing style as TF10 but Super Fi was phased out and replaced by (I believe) UE700.  Why haven't they done the same with TF10? 

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #4,333 of 9,690

Quote:
They had to chop the price in 1/2 in recent times because sales have suffered because it is the worst ergonomics of any IEM ever made.  It needs a re-shelling of some type.

What is puzzling is that Super Fi Pro has same (but slightly smaller) housing style as TF10 but Super Fi was phased out and replaced by (I believe) UE700.  Why haven't they done the same with TF10? 

Probably they have tried it but there's been SQ issues? I remember someone posted here that Jerry Harvey tuned the TF10 specially to the design. Had a good fit with the TF10 but unfortunately I wished it doesn't "stick" out.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #4,334 of 9,690

Quote:

They probably realised that they'd be able to acquire more sales through lower end models so they didnt really bother about the TF10.

On a side note, the number people wearing UE here in Singapore is increasing ten fold. I'm seeing lots of people wearing UE100s or 200s. No 700s though

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #4,335 of 9,690
I probably wouldn't have gotten it reshelled if it didn't stick out like carrots sticking out of your ears, or them falling out all the time.  Luckily the TF10 sounds so good I decided to stick with it or else I wouldn't have bothered..

Quote:
Probably they have tried it but there's been SQ issues? I remember someone posted here that Jerry Harvey tuned the TF10 specially to the design. Had a good fit with the TF10 but unfortunately I wished it doesn't "stick" out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back