Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #4,096 of 9,690
Very rare to hear about a TFP10 failure.

IMHO that are very robust and built very tough and are my #1 pick for a workout IEM.  Why you might ask?

1. Cord is on the short side (like me) so really no slack to get tangled.
  2. Cord is also nice and thick like Shure but much better.  Really can't tangle.
  3. The strain reliefs going into the housings are a non-issue.  There is virtually no stress since you have connectors so it can't fail there.
  4. As far as taking them out of your ears, because of the large housing, it's simple and no wear and tear on anything.
  5. Granted, this is all predicated on using complys which I think is the best tip for TFP10's.  It keeps the hyper treble in check, it gives the bass a bit more slam and they stay in your ears, no question.

Even at $200 it is currently the most under-rated IEM that exists right now IMHO.  Balanced but very full sounding. One of Jerry Harvey's originals. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #4,097 of 9,690
I just received the triple.fi 10 and they are nice, but over time I've found myself preferring neutral / forward mids that Shure is famous for. I was hoping that the triple.fi would be similar,  but it's noticeably different - even to my untrained ears. maybe there's a break-in period? I've had the UHP336 (Super.fi 3) and they really grew on me (neutral) which is why I took a leap of faith to get the triples. How are the super.fi 5 in comparison?

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #4,099 of 9,690
Quote:
I just received the triple.fi 10 and they are nice, but over time I've found myself preferring neutral / forward mids that Shure is famous for. I was hoping that the triple.fi would be similar,  but it's noticeably different - even to my untrained ears. maybe there's a break-in period? I've had the UHP336 (Super.fi 3) and they really grew on me (neutral) which is why I took a leap of faith to get the triples. How are the super.fi 5 in comparison?

I owned the 2 simultaneously, and to my ears, the SuperFi 5 is overall more balanced (as in not v-shaped), with a slightly smaller soundstage, and a more forward presentation. It's not as technically proficient as the TF10 however, but I can see where some may prefer it to the TF10's neutral (not recessed, just neutral in comparison to the boosted bass and treble) midrange.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #4,100 of 9,690

Quote:

You are clearly a midrange guy.  Go with the Shure SE535 and good luck with the fit.

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #4,101 of 9,690
I think so, but in comparison with the SE530, I'm starting to appreciate the TF10 even more. It's fuller and warmer than the se530 and yet maintains details in the highs. I had the W3 and having experienced the mid-base hump and the sibilance, I let them go. TF10 doesn't exhibit those characteristics for me at all - very non-fatiguing and comfy with the comply tips. I'll have to keep them both :) 

I have furutechs on the way. I've read through this thread and some mixed reviews on them. Hopefully they'll work fine for me.

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #4,102 of 9,690
my cable broke at the plug on the left ear on my tf10s today after about 9 months. were used atleast 4hrs+ a day since i bought them. so i think the  cable held up pretty good. i didnt realize how bad life was without them tho lol. had to ghetto rig it. till i can get another cable. used bread board jumper wires works for now. does anyone kno where i can get the pins for the cable at so i can make my own?

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #4,103 of 9,690
@thp awesome prof pic

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #4,104 of 9,690

Quote:
my cable broke at the plug on the left ear on my tf10s today after about 9 months. were used atleast 4hrs+ a day since i bought them. so i think the  cable held up pretty good. i didnt realize how bad life was without them tho lol. had to ghetto rig it. till i can get another cable. used bread board jumper wires works for now. does anyone kno where i can get the pins for the cable at so i can make my own?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-New-UE-pins-Connector-Plug-TF10-10pro-5pro-cable-/320760679379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaed38bd3#ht_835wt_1396

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #4,106 of 9,690
OMG I cant wait until next monday I checked my moms amazon account and she ordered the TF10s for my bday. >_<

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #4,107 of 9,690
thanks for link for some reason i couldnt find any on ebay when i  searched. much appreciated.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #4,110 of 9,690

Quote:
Do they have deep bass ?  I want to use them for movies without amplifier.  

Without a doubt.

If you want big bass for that kind of thing, the Westone 1 IEM is also a good choice. But for overall sound quality, the TF10's will blow you away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back