Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 12, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #4,070 of 9,690

Quote:
Erm... I was planning on switching to lune cable but I wanna ask is any moding needed? And how do I pull the stock cable off with out damaging the
Sockets?

Just grip the driver unit with one hand, and slowly pull on the connector plug with the other straight out, it should disconnect after some initial tension.

Hope that helps!

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #4,071 of 9,690
If you order with the tf10 pins, I suppose no mod is required. To pull it off, just hold the pins in one hand and the IEM body in the other and slowly pull (best to do dry your hands of any sweat first)

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #4,074 of 9,690

Quote:
Just don't take them out too often. The friction will cause the internet socket to loosen and you don't want your tf10 to fall out without you knowing

+1, too often do I hear about loose sockets. Only unplug them when necessary, I have a lot of stock cables that develop play. It's not entirely UE's fault, the gold plating process isn't always completely uniform especially for such a small item.

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #4,075 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey TF10 lovers -- what's the consensus on cable upgrades? DHC? Jena? Anyone else...?

Recently had my TF10s reshelled and purchased a Beat Audio Galaxy cable from an ebay seller.  Awsome quality and the thing I like most about these cables are the ear guides are permanantely curved plastic as seen here from Average_Joes review.  Makes inserting the reshells into ear and removing them a breeze. btw the picture below is not of the galaxy cable just what the ear guides look like.

average_joe's review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/multi-aftermarket-custom-iem-and-tf10-cable-review-6-cables-evaluated-jaben-es8-added-8-12

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #4,076 of 9,690

Quote:
Just don't take them out too often. The friction will cause the internet socket to loosen and you don't want your tf10 to fall out without you knowing

Yeah when I first got them they were very very tight but after trying the flip flop mod and switching back a few times, plus comparing CH's cable with the stock cable, etc, they are pretty loose now.

They don't back out at all and there's no fear of them falling out but they are easy to pull out so I don't do that anymore.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #4,077 of 9,690
The TF10's never wowed me at first, but as of late, they're beginning to truly show their colors (pun). Coupled with my Miles Davis Trumpet foams, they sound simply awesome. The mids aren't half as bad as I thought, and I almost wish to take back whatever statements I've made in regards to the TF10's recessed mids. After all, opinion are always subject to change. Ask most SM3 owners. 
rolleyes.gif
 In truth, much like the FX700's, they're much closer to neutral, than not. I suppose the real reason behind it is because I've always favored a slightly (albeit not overdone) mid-centric sound. Not to mention, I'm very accustomed to low volume listening (~15% off of my FiiO E7), as I value my hearing as much as anyone else. With the TF10's however, I've found I'm able to slightly push my listening to higher limits (~20%, again, off of my FiiO E7), without any appreciable fatigue and discomfort, and all the while, bring forth the mids as I see fit. I just can't get past the impeccable soundstage, and the bass boasts just the perfect blend of weight and impact, while the treble is exactly where I'd want it to be. I've always been a fan of UE, and quite a few years back, I owned the SuperFi 5 PRO's for nearly a year and a half, before I decided to try something new (IE8). The TF10 has most certainly made its way back into my collection, and because I got them at an absolute steal (~$130 in pristine condition), I don't see myself parting from them anytime soon. 
etysmile.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #4,078 of 9,690
^ Definitely would love to listen to the pair I currently have more, but I cannot get the dang things in my ear!

I wish it had a different cord too. Just a plain old flexible one would be nice. Still trying to find good tips...

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #4,079 of 9,690
I suppose I'm quite fortunate in that I've never encountered an earphone, as of yet, that I haven't eventually been able to work around and achieve a suitable fit. The only real exception that comes to mind is the TWF21, a design I personally am not too fond of. Unique is one thing, but I simply find it impractical, for my intents and purposes. Contrary to it's rather unique design, I can wear the TF10 for hours on end, without any noteworthy issues. And now, I'll turn the spotlight over to the TF10's... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back