Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #4,036 of 9,690
Both the sony hybrids and the monster supertips would fit the tf10? Just confirming

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #4,038 of 9,690
I just got my cables from Chris_himself. Sweet looking things. Just some impressions on them, nothing fancy. Just straight out of my grab and go iphone4.

Bass: More punchy and tight, no longer the light thump-thump kind of the stock tf -10, i would say just slightly less punch than the UM3x

Mids: Definitely more forward and stronger. Doesn't feel like all the male singers are 3 meters further away compared to the females. Tone's slightly louder and clearer too

Treble: Slightly tamed i would say? doesn't seem as spiky and everything's smoothed out and nice

Soundstage: i would say widened out and imagine seems clearer and more precise. But it seems like the the depth has been slightly compromised. But i kinda like it more like this, seems like you're on the stage together with the band.

Build quality: These seem like they're made to last from the plug to the Y split. We had a little miscommunication so mine's lacking the ear loops, so the parts to the pins seems flimsy but hey, you should be taking care of these babys properly for the sound they're giving you, no matter how they're built. The wires have some memory, but should straighten out fairly with a little ( VERY LITTLE) weight. I ordered mine in black, so it looked like something out of a stealth fighter! Pins have "DIY" look as one of the guys mentioned in a previous review and they fit flush and expose the pop-up pinholes slightly, but not the pins. Oh and the braids are so well done, you'd think they're machine made, instead of by hand

Microphonics: at first, out of the package and looking at the memory, i was expecting the microphonics to be quite insane. But then, feeling the weight, it hit me that it wouldn't be. Just to be sure, i took a walk down to the convenience store. 0, ZERO microphonics. Could be the loose braiding or just the weightlessness of these things that's helping it. ( This is if its straightened out and you're walking. If you start rattling it, it'll be there)

Overall: Great sounding, stylish looking cables with portability ( ask chris and ted to help you on it). Great value for money

Big thanks to Chris and Ted for fashioning the cables for me and my friend's SE215s. Definitely worth the two weeks+ wait if you ask me, though he assured me new items will be delivered to everyone much much MUCH faster now

Here's a pic. Enjoy!
darthsmile.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #4,040 of 9,690
If you rattle the cable, it's very much there with the microphonics. However it's light and maybe the memory's a blessing in disguise as it presses the wire against my chest and stomach, preventing the cable from moving about. Not saying the lose braids aren't really helping, but just that there could be other factors helping to reduce microphonics too

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #4,042 of 9,690

Quote:

Overall: Great sounding, stylish looking cables with portability ( ask chris and ted to help you on it). Great value for money

Big thanks to Chris and Ted for fashioning the cables for me and my friend's SE215s. Definitely worth the two weeks+ wait if you ask me, though he assured me new items will be delivered to everyone much much MUCH faster now

No worries man, I'm just happy you're happy! As for the sound signature, I think the concept of cable burn-in is absolutely silly, but according to everybody else, it's real. Give it a couple weeks to finalize their overall sound vs the stockies.

Just as a precaution, try not to coil the cables around your audio player tightly, solid core isn't quite as malleable as stranded. Other than that you're ready to rock out for a long long time!

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #4,044 of 9,690
Yeah just coil 'em loosely, pretend it's a rope and not a shoelace if you catch my drift. I haven't had any breakages in the wire yet though, it's just so you won't get them memorized in a messy tangly pattern as well as wear them down.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #4,049 of 9,690

Quote:
Currently I am using Monster super tip gel

Well, I bought some on your recommendation and  I am happy, there seems to be more Bass, and a fuller, warmer sound. I got the S/M size, not sure If I need a smaller size (They didn't have a sampler pack there). Thanks.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #4,050 of 9,690
So I just picked up a pair of TF10s for my commute, having previously used the SF3s.

Am I the only crazy one who is wearing 1 size tips too small to compensate for the overabundance of pillowy bass and recessed mids?

Bass: Tighter, although the signature 125 - 250 Hz humps still remain. At least the focus is on the 83 Hz range which is more aesthetically pleasing to my ears.

Mids: more forward albeit slightly recessed still, lacking in the critical 4 kHz area. Justice's Waters of Nazareth still doesn't bite my ears off.

Treble: Slightly more distinct, instead of fluffing around in the background. Still unhappy with it. Mega lack of detail and definition. 

Cabled with ES2 cables, source is a Creative EMU 1820m, built in headphone amp. 

Maybe I'm just too used to my K701 =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back