Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 13, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #3,557 of 9,690
Update:

So yeah, it turned out that the TF10 didn't sound so great because I wasn't getting a proper seal. I tried out the different ear pieces and when I did find the right size for me, the sound improvement was drastic. It was practically night and day from what I was hearing before with an ill-fitting ear piece. Sure, the mids are still recessed, but not as bad as before and the bass...oh gods, the bass...

I think I'm going to probably make the TF10s my main portable pair now.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #3,558 of 9,690
Yeah i finally got a good seal today, I thought i had one before but I didn`t.

I did the flip-flop mod(swapped the cables, and put the right earpiece in my left ear and vice versa), and then put em in my ears like earbuds hanging down, the change in sound quality was drastic.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #3,559 of 9,690
I found very good seal from the first seconds. I'm using Sony Hybrid eartips (large), they are great to my ears. Sound is very rich and powerful. I found them very good for all kind of music and i like that they don't sound like armature with metal taste.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #3,561 of 9,690
From what I've read, the Westone cables improve the mids and highs, but lessen the bass. I really like the bass the way it is right now, but I can't stand the cable at all. I've read that the Lune also has a bass reduction. If anything, I'd like an increase in quality or quantity or to keep them the same, but not to lessen it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #3,562 of 9,690
I think any difference in frequency response with the Westone cables would be minimal, if it exists at all. Personally, I noticed a more consistent low end response with the lighter Westone cable because I could maintain a better seal.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #3,563 of 9,690
WOW!

I got mine two days ago and got them to fit nicely today.

I've used them on an iphone and custom moulds that I had made for some Shure SE 210s (wiring went haywire).

I have an A+ seal now and am playing around with the different EQ settings on the iphone and it is just amazing compared to the 210s.   The bass is so quick (I'm listening to some moombahton right now) and it's fantastic.

I'm not even listening to anything close to what you would call lossless and it's amazing compared to what I used to use.

I should be receiving my pa2v2 today to pair it up and start listening to some music off of my mac book pro.

I'm probably going to get some ENYO null audio cables as well.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #3,564 of 9,690
WOW!

I got mine two days ago and got them to fit nicely today.

I've used them on an iphone and custom moulds that I had made for some Shure SE 210s (wiring went haywire).

I have an A+ seal now and am playing around with the different EQ settings on the iphone and it is just amazing compared to the 210s.   The bass is so quick (I'm listening to some moombahton right now) and it's fantastic.

I'm not even listening to anything close to what you would call lossless and it's amazing compared to what I used to use.

I should be receiving my pa2v2 today to pair it up and start listening to some music off of my mac book pro.

I'm probably going to get some ENYO null audio cables as well.
PA2V2 might be a bit warm for TF10, I personally find them to have a better synergy with cooler amps.

Tell us your impression when you receive the amp and the cable though, it's always to get more impressions.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #3,565 of 9,690
Finally decided not to be a cheapskate and order the comply TX500 foam earbuds and it's like night and day listening now. Silicon earbuds didn't provide a tight seal and would occasionally fall out of the ear :frowning2: 

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #3,567 of 9,690

Quote:
I can't wait to try some lossless stuff when I get home tonight - I'm super super impressed at how much improved even a 150-250k mp3 sounds with these things.

You should definitely start building your collection with 320kbs and FLAC files; be sure not to convert low to high because it doesn't increase the sound quality though (just throwing that in there).

They are great phones and respond great to equalizing. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3,568 of 9,690

Quote:
You should definitely start building your collection with 320kbs and FLAC files; be sure not to convert low to high because it doesn't increase the sound quality though (just throwing that in there).

+1

Anything less than 320 pretty much sounds like crap compared to 320 and lossless. The latter two are harder to tell apart and are worth upgrading your entire music collection to.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3,569 of 9,690

Quote:

I'm sooooo happy to let you know that I knew that :)    Yeah I never thought I'd care too much about fidelity, but I'm digging it now big time.

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #3,570 of 9,690
Hard drive space is cheap so I went lossless and I find it really makes a difference. Today I was listening to the same piece of music (Ganges delta blues) which is lossless on my classic and 128 on my friends 4th gen touch. I have my set up amplified which makes a difference but we also listened from the HP out of the classic and touch and my friend could immediately tell the difference. I did not prompt him but his comments echo mine. More life to the music, more emotion and feeling.. And after all why do we listen to music in the first place!

I had an 8gig touch before the classic and even though I could only get a few albums on there I still did not regret going lossless and my triple fi's really are so good I would not want them to be fed with anything other than lossless.

Also, if you burn your CD's at lossless you can still go down to 320 if space is important but you cannot as has been said do it the other way around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back