Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #3,511 of 9,690
Thanks a lot m8.

I'm anxious because the sound bores are far too deep compared with the ones of the other iems I've used so far.I assume there's no prbl even If I reach the bottom of the bore with the edge of the cleaning tool

[Sorry for my English and especially my possible lack of the appropriate terminology :) ]

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #3,513 of 9,690

Have a question guys.

Is there any possibility to damage the earbuds while cleaning them with the cleaning tool provided? I'm just wondering.I'm a bit sceptical on how to use it when the time comes for my TF10 to be cleaned...

Yea, if you push it too far into the IEM nosily you can puncture the filter that is inside of the IEMs and that is never good.

I always take the tips off before i clean them or the nossile so there is less in my way. Also, try using something that isn't really sharp on the end like a rubber coated paper clip or something just in case your hand slips. Take your time and youll be alright. :)

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #3,514 of 9,690
Finally got these a few days ago after seeing so much praise for them and waiting a long time hoping to get on the next deal.

As usual I hated the rubber tips but the foam ones were perfect for my ears. Let's just say today I wore these driving, in the busy grocery store, and on a construction site, and I could barely hear anything. I felt like I was at a live concert all day, and I didn't have to adjust them for hours straight.

I haven't heard much to compare these with in terms of sound quality, but I'm glad to find comfortable IEMs because the last few I've had were constantly falling out or had a bad seal, and I ended up using crappy (free) generic iPod earbuds instead. It's nice to me how all the sounds are separated from each other and I'm hearing things in some of my favorite music that I'd never noticed before.

Success!

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #3,517 of 9,690
Gah, I was enjoying the Sony tips at first but now they're not working too great either, and the TF 10 stock cord is a piece of garbage. I don't really buy into all the specialty cord nonsense and am definitely not going to shell out $90 on a cord for a pair of IEMs I can't even get to fit properly. I'm now thinking of possibly selling these and just getting the ATH-M50 or RE Zero for portable use.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3,518 of 9,690
Complys or Decored Olives solved my problems, I agree the stock cable is crap.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #3,519 of 9,690
Try the Westone cable designed for their universals. About $30-40 and a big improvement.

Quote:
Gah, I was enjoying the Sony tips at first but now they're not working too great either, and the TF 10 stock cord is a piece of garbage. I don't really buy into all the specialty cord nonsense and am definitely not going to shell out $90 on a cord for a pair of IEMs I can't even get to fit properly. I'm now thinking of possibly selling these and just getting the ATH-M50 or RE Zero for portable use.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #3,523 of 9,690

ANy of you guys use the samsung galaxy s paired with the TF10s? Sound quality is pretty good from the phone imo. 

I actually thought that at first too while using my Shure 5353s; the equalizer is pretty good and the sound quality isn't bad.

However going to an actual player (Touch 4G then the iPod 6G), the sound just blows the phone away. I don't use mine anymore.

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #3,524 of 9,690
I literally just opened mine from mail that arrived today. After listening for 10 minutes, I'm quite impressed, the sound is awesome. Again, it is quite hard to get a proper seal. And with the smallest bit of head movement, they fall out, and I've been looking around the forum and that looks like the most popular topic on Head-Fi. 

Upgrading from my Shure SCL2-k's, the sound is so much better. I've only listened to a couple of my favorite songs and they've been fantastic. And the cable length is perfect.

But they're still the most uncomfortable things I've ever shoved in my ears. And I tell you now, I've shoved a hell of a lot of things up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back