Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #3,481 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:
Weird but the TF's sound better out of my iphone 4 than the Sony X1051

Funny you should say this, because I found the same with the Sony S639F, i.e., didn't sound special at all, while they sounded wonderful out of a Sansa Fuze.  Yet the Sony usually sounds better than my other players when I use cheap earbuds.

Yeah I was actually quiet surprised! I was like oO, because at first when I listened them through the X-Series I was like yeah it's goood, then decided to play the same tracks and was like oO wth since when did the iPhone 4 sound better than the sony -.-" O well, though maybe it could do something with BA/Dynamic?

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3,483 of 9,690
from the westone site, the replacement cable cost me 39,95$+27,70$ for shipping. Anyone know how i can get one or something equivalent ,avoiding the shipping fee ? i live in france
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #3,484 of 9,690
Decided to open up the ES8 cable from Jaben, and suffice it to say, it's actually a very good cable. Very light and flexible, with sturdy plugs and connectors. To my surprise, it came with 2 cables in the package too.

I also got the eBay Twilight cable, which was unbearably stiff to me, especially the ear loops. That went back for a refund to the seller.

Both cables had no noticeable change to the sound.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #3,486 of 9,690
Does anyone have both the Null and Jaben wires? If so, anything noticeably different in sq, and build quality? I had some Null Lunes and those crapped out on me, so I sent them back for repair. Sent them in SEPTEMBER.... still havent recieved any word on an ETA. So I'm thinking of trying the Jaben's out. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #3,487 of 9,690
As for me I can't stand "laid-back" midrange of the TF 10

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #3,488 of 9,690

Does anyone have both the Null and Jaben wires? If so, anything noticeably different in sq, and build quality? I had some Null Lunes and those crapped out on me, so I sent them back for repair. Sent them in SEPTEMBER.... still havent recieved any word on an ETA. So I'm thinking of trying the Jaben's out. 

You're really willing to wait that long for them to come back? I would have asked for a refund a long time ago. Well I hope you get them back soon; I loved e sound of the lune cables.

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #3,489 of 9,690

Quote:
Decided to open up the ES8 cable from Jaben, and suffice it to say, it's actually a very good cable. Very light and flexible, with sturdy plugs and connectors. To my surprise, it came with 2 cables in the package too.

I also got the eBay Twilight cable, which was unbearably stiff to me, especially the ear loops. That went back for a refund to the seller.

Both cables had no noticeable change to the sound.

How exactly do I put it on? I'm confused which way it's meant to go on

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #3,491 of 9,690

Quote:
Weird but the TF's sound better out of my iphone 4 than the Sony X1051

Quick question when I put them in there's a slight crackle noise as if the driver is flexing ? I thought this only happens to dynamics? can someone explain what this is? :S I'm worried that I'm damaging the drivers

can anyone reply to my question?

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3,492 of 9,690

can anyone reply to my question?

That sounds like a little electrical static between the plug and device. It is always good practice to power down a device before plugging headphones in I find.
Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back