Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 16, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #3,362 of 9,690
Well, I am now sitting here listening to my new ACS custom sleeves on my TF-10's, and they sound simply amazing.
etysmile.gif

First impressions were not so good, as they are quite difficult to fit, and were not sealing properly at all. So, after messing with them for a while and putting them in and out a few times, I have them sorted now and have found the best way to get the in easily and maing a great seal too. They are still slightly uncomfortable, but they feel better each day that I wear them.
The biggest improvement is in the consistency and open-ness of the sound, which always seemed to change depending on the way the you inserted them when using the standard tips, and it feels like there is nothing between your ear drums and the sound source, with every nuance of the music clear as a bell. The bass seems tighter and more in balance with the rest of the sonic spectrum, and the top end is now just soooooo smooth and clear.

Overall I think they have improved the earphones hugely, and I would recommend these to anyone. I will try and take some pictures etc in due course, including how much they actually protrude!

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #3,363 of 9,690

Quote:
anyone tried the sony hybrid ear tips on TF10 ?

Hi xcluded!

I do use the sony hybrids with my triple.fi and for me the sonys are the best I've had! =)

Rodrigo Pita

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #3,365 of 9,690
The supplied tips are not the Tx series (the Tx series come with a integrated wax guard and only come in black). I don't like them much with my TF10. So far,I don't like the complys with ANY of my other IEMs cause they muffle the treble a bit and actually makes the fit worse for me. and I don't like them with any other IEMs like my Shure or Sennheiser. (The 400 models for the Senns are a nightmare to put on)

I think I'll be sticking with the normal tips for now. I really wanna try the hybrids though. Lots of good comments on the hybrids.

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #3,367 of 9,690
I replaced the cable with the Jaben Singapore 38.00 cable and I am very pleased with it. It is so much better than stock and reasonable plus it got here in 3 days from Singapore. I really like the TH10 with the IPOD loselless. I am glad I got in on the deal and they are really very very good IEM IMO Very balanced and wide deep sound stage with very nice detail.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #3,368 of 9,690
Have my replacement TripleFis sitting back at home, plus the aforementioned Jaben cable. Also have an eBay cable coming in, and will be interesting how they compare. Most likely will sell the Jaben cable though, as I'm rocking a Bumper with my iPhone right now, and if the Jaben cable plug is anything like the Westone cables, then it won't fit it with the Bumper on.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #3,369 of 9,690

Quote:
The supplied tips are not the Tx series (the Tx series come with a integrated wax guard and only come in black). I don't like them much with my TF10. So far,I don't like the complys with ANY of my other IEMs cause they muffle the treble a bit and actually makes the fit worse for me. and I don't like them with any other IEMs like my Shure or Sennheiser. (The 400 models for the Senns are a nightmare to put on)

I think I'll be sticking with the normal tips for now. I really wanna try the hybrids though. Lots of good comments on the hybrids.

not sure how cold it gets in the philllipines, but in MA (very cold state) when you remove the complys outside and try to fit them back into your ears, the foam has become shruken and as hard as rock...

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #3,370 of 9,690
Cant wait to see the pics Soundmangt4! How long did it take for the whole process? 

Quote:
Well, I am now sitting here listening to my new ACS custom sleeves on my TF-10's, and they sound simply amazing.
etysmile.gif

First impressions were not so good, as they are quite difficult to fit, and were not sealing properly at all. So, after messing with them for a while and putting them in and out a few times, I have them sorted now and have found the best way to get the in easily and maing a great seal too. They are still slightly uncomfortable, but they feel better each day that I wear them.
The biggest improvement is in the consistency and open-ness of the sound, which always seemed to change depending on the way the you inserted them when using the standard tips, and it feels like there is nothing between your ear drums and the sound source, with every nuance of the music clear as a bell. The bass seems tighter and more in balance with the rest of the sonic spectrum, and the top end is now just soooooo smooth and clear.

Overall I think they have improved the earphones hugely, and I would recommend these to anyone. I will try and take some pictures etc in due course, including how much they actually protrude!

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #3,371 of 9,690
Well, Buffalowings, the Philippines is a tropical country with no winter season so it doesn't get that cold over here. In fact, you're never going to see the temperature drop below 25 deg. Cel. in the national capital region. Even the coldest places will record temps no lower than 12 deg. 

I don't like the complys. I think the problem is their long nozzle. It really juts out too much and are just too darn porous. 

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #3,372 of 9,690
I posted this in the other TF thread,but I figured I'd post it here too.  I just got some MC5s in the mail that came with 3 sets of medium Olives. I like the triple flange on the MC5 better than the olives, so I thought what the heck I'll put the Olives on the Triple Fi. It took me about 20 minutes to cut the core out of them with some small scissors that come on a swiss army knife, but it was totally worth it.  I just pushed down on the bottom to expose the tubing and cut it down until there was no tubing left.   They fit as well as my TX500s, and I feel that the SQ has improved also, even over the complys that I trimmed. I'm definately going to use Olives from now on.

;

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #3,374 of 9,690
The TF10s have nearly converted me to a UE man. The thing is I used to be a Shure man for a long time since buying the SE530. I still love the 530 though. Is it just me or is the sound stage on the TF10 a bit narrow compared to the other big 2? (SE530 and IE8) maybe its the tips?

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #3,375 of 9,690
ok, this is weird....I just turned down the volume all the way on my ipod classic and still clearly hear the music, at almost comfortable level.....
anyone tried this? are these supposed to be really that sensitive??

strange because with external amp at 0 don't hear anything at all..so i guess its got to do with my ipod..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back