Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #2,581 of 9,690
So, I'm still messing around with my TF10 eartips, but it looks like the smalls are the only ones that fit.

Unfortunately, while I was futzing around with taking off and putting on eartips(this is my first IEM, cut me a break), I seem to have left a "dent", or at least a little mark on the stem of one of them. They seem to work fine in my ear anyways, but should I be concerned?

It's really too bad that the sole pair of tips that fit my ears in that set are also by far the hardest to put on/take off for me, but oh well.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #2,583 of 9,690
I have one of the first TF10's made, and one of the Amazon special.

Still love them. Not so crazy about the cables, past and present. I don't know what's so different about the TF10's cables, but the TF10 does not sound right with other cables like ones from my customs like Westone ES or JH Audio.

Sounds like it's out of phase or something, like they have a resistor or something inline in the UE cable or something?

-Ed

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #2,584 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one of the first TF10's made, and one of the Amazon special.

Still love them. Not so crazy about the cables, past and present. I don't know what's so different about the TF10's cables, but the TF10 does not sound right with other cables like ones from my customs like Westone ES or JH Audio.

Sounds like it's out of phase or something, like they have a resistor or something inline in the UE cable or something?

-Ed

That's interesting, I on the other hand could never quite fully fall in love with the Triple.Fi's with the stock cable, it wasn't until I tried an early Null Audio cable that things balanced out and now I love em although the Null Audio cable is the most unwieldy cable I've ever used.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #2,586 of 9,690
The cable's rather stiff and doesn't like to uncoil properly after I take them out of the case. Not a huge deal but annoying nonetheless. It should be noted that this is an older cable so I'm not sure what actual relation, if any, it has to the current lineup at Null.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #2,587 of 9,690
TF10's stock cable is terrible, if any one is interested. I've got one lying around, i'll trade you for....something.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #2,588 of 9,690
Coming from the AD700s and ER6s ... I'm finding the bass a bit overwhelming. Fun, toe tapping, but I feel like I'm losing detail. Soundstage is great though.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #2,589 of 9,690
If you're using the comply's, try the silicons. If they dont' fit well, run to BB and grab some of the Sony hybrids. That pretty much fixed my issues w/ these phones.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2,591 of 9,690
What's the issue everyone seems to have with the stock cables? I got my TF10's in 2007 before logitec bought UE so I've had a few of the old cables and a couple of the newer straight-jack ones and never really had a problem with either.

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2,592 of 9,690
Quote:

hey there

how do you know the ebay sony hybrids are fake?

does anyone know if bestbuy.ca (canada) carries the sony tips?

i searched the bestbuy.ca website but to no avail
frown.gif

i just got my buds yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #2,593 of 9,690
I'm glad they included an extensionwith w/ a L-jack, i don't like straight jacks. I'm not big on the "memory wire" either.

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #2,594 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey there

how do you know the ebay sony hybrids are fake?

does anyone know if bestbuy.ca (canada) carries the sony tips?

i searched the bestbuy.ca website but to no avail
frown.gif

i just got my buds yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

a) because their stems are a different colour
b) because they come in a ziploc bag, not a sony box
c) because the quality control is [presumably] less than that of Sony, ie the ridge on some of them.

This is the model number of the sony hybrids, you can find them on eBay etc - EPEX10A

Unfortunately with the Sonys, you only get one pair of each size. With the replicas you get 3 pairs of S, M, L if I remember right.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #2,595 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a) because their stems are a different colour
b) because they come in a ziploc bag, not a sony box
c) because the quality control is [presumably] less than that of Sony, ie the ridge on some of them.

This is the model number of the sony hybrids, you can find them on eBay etc - EPEX10A

Unfortunately with the Sonys, you only get one pair of each size. With the replicas you get 3 pairs of S, M, L if I remember right.

oh okay thanks

now im torn whether to find the 'real' hybrids or jus go with the ebay knockoffs...

please let us know when you receive the bi/tri-flanges and the fit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back