Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 22, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2,461 of 9,690
Got my logitech order in. At first I was a little skeptical - mostly because I didn't insert them correctly. These are much more awkward to insert because of the larger size compared to Shure/Ety IEMs I have. Once I got the right fit, they do clearly outclass my other IEMs (which were all in the same price range as the sale price on logitech). Very good separation and impressive sound stage. Good bass. They do feel a bit more analytical than I was expecting, but it could be that I need to switch tips. Definitely worth $100.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #2,462 of 9,690
Another TF10 newb, they just arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm very pleased. Not sure if I'll ever go out in public with the Frankenstein bolts but they will definitely be worth re-shelling. Sound quality A+, fit F-. I have custom molds for my IE8s because of the lousy fit and they made a dramatic change to them so I assume turning these into the poor man's UE10 will have the same effect. I'm not crazy about them with the silicone tips, I prefer the taming effect the Comply's have on the top end.

They are the polar opposite of my IE8s. IE8s are like Diana Krall and TF10 are like Alison Mosshart. These things Rock!!! Can't wait to turn them into customs!

I'm also surprised with all the people saying the IE8 is a bass heavy phone, the TF10 is like a 18" subwoofer in comparison.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2,463 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another TF10 newb, they just arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm very pleased. Not sure if I'll ever go out in public with the Frankenstein bolts but they will definitely be worth re-shelling. Sound quality A+, fit F-. I have custom molds for my IE8s because of the lousy fit and they made a dramatic change to them so I assume turning these into the poor man's UE10 will have the same effect. I'm not crazy about them with the silicone tips, I prefer the taming effect the Comply's have on the top end.

They are the polar opposite of my IE8s. IE8s are like Diana Krall and TF10 are like Alison Mosshart. These things Rock!!! Can't wait to turn them into customs!

I'm also surprised with all the people saying the IE8 is a bass heavy phone, the TF10 is like a 18" subwoofer in comparison.

Nice first insight. I plan to compare mine too as soon as I received them tomorrow. The problem I have with IE8's is the cymbals while playing the Ultrasone Demo Disk. In IE8's, cymbals sounds dull and lacks the edges. How do you compare it with the TF10's?

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #2,464 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopQuark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice first insight. I plan to compare mine too as soon as I received them tomorrow. The problem I have with IE8's is the cymbals while playing the Ultrasone Demo Disk. In IE8's, cymbals sounds dull and lacks the edges. How do you compare it with the TF10's?

The TF10 treble has a bit more sparkle or prominence and sounds sharper while the IE8 has a bit more treble extension, a bit softer and smoother and to me it sounds more natural. My experience with the IE8 tells me that with deep insertion the bass becomes more prominent and as such instruments with high frequency information such as cymbals may appear to sound "dull" since higher frequencies attenuate faster than low frequencies with depth/distance. I however don't experience this overpowering bass and cymbals are anything but dull with the IE8 when not sealed in too much. I enjoy both TF10 and IE8.I am frankly surprised that folks seem to think that the TF10 lacks bass.

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #2,465 of 9,690
I must be one of few who does not care Triple Fi 10. It's on my ears for almost three days, I have changed more than 10 tips. When I used Denon 710 and Sony EX700 to listen to Alexandra Burke, I tapped my toes; but this one did nothing for me, it sounded like recess and dull. Come to think about it, I did not care Shure E4C and Apple in-ear much, either. Can it be BA vs Dynamite thing?

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #2,467 of 9,690
Got my Triple Fi's today and PHEW! Talk about sound! Everything is so up front and impactful and the TF's have great bass for anyone wondering; It is such a deep and broad bass.
While I love the sound, I can't get a seal for the life of me... I tried wearing them down and flipped, and I tried different tips (with the exception of foam, not a big fan) but to no avail. I'm really tempted to get them reshelled as aside from the fit problem these are amazing phones.

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #2,469 of 9,690
This maybe is not a big deal for you guys, but I'm upgrading from a Sony MDR-EX500, so this is a big upgrade. But a couple things that just gave a smile to my face, I can actually hear when a different person is singing along with the lead singer. And then this guitar part came in and I was like "This sounds odd" and then I realized "Oh wait this is what a guitar would sound like if it was actually being played in front of me.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #2,470 of 9,690
My IEMs were Shure e3c, later upgraded to ecl3 by Shure warranty (well, the same), so it was quite the jump! Much better depth, and wow the difference in bass!

Plugging into my AMB mini3 is great, drives it more, especially the bass. I recently had a few friends listen to my TF10's and they all rushed to buy them.

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #2,472 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Flip mod to avoid the frankenstein bolt look

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #2,473 of 9,690
My Amazon order came yesterday, these are indeed top notch, I am done looking, thinking about anything else, the medium silicone tips even fit me well, so do the complys but I'm going to use the silicone ones.

Listening to Miles, Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour etc, sounds like you're in the middle of a recording studio, they're that good, soundstage, highs, mids, lows, its all there.

These are all I'm using with an ipod classic and yes the volume is is good at between 35% - 50%.

I was going to sell a few on ebay but the market looks over saturated at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back