Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #2,446 of 9,690
Also received my TF10s today. Right off they sounded great. Sometimes with new earphones, there is an adjustment period to get familiar with the sound. Not so here. Compared to my W3s, I find that the low bass is lighter and the mid bass less punchy. Also, the sound stage is good, but condensed compared to the W3s. I'm not saying that any of this is bad; just a comparison. With the way these stick out, don't know if I'd wear them out in public. I will likely get them made into customs.

-Pony

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #2,447 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, just received my $50 10TF Pros today (a day or two earlier than the second invoice date they quoted me). Only had about 10 minutes with the UEs, but my initial impressions is that they sound much much better to me than many reviews I've seen on here (i.e. they have bass presence and the mid-range is there). I still need more time with them. I was expecting far less bass, although the bass isn't as detailed as the E-Q7s or Shures. The mids aren't as detailed either, but the vocals are nice. I would describe the sound as being more brash and bit harsher than the E-Q7 or E530. With that said, I don't think they're a bad phone at all. I think I will opt to get them reshelled and customized in the near future. They are just a different sound. The E-Q7s still win out over the TF10s and E530s IMHO, although it only has one driver. They are definitely worth (and then some) the $50 I paid for them. Probably the best deal I've ever received in the high-end audio game.

I will have to say that the TF10s sound awful (and muddy) with the comply foams for some reason...I don't know why.

EricP

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #2,448 of 9,690
I heard them, and they do sound perfect, but...

Service wise, Ultimate Ears left the building.
I had 3 pairs in 3 years, time after time they broke down, and since Logitech took ever service has evaporated totally. No answer, no service, I wouldn't go there again (with pain in my heart)!

Best, Ronald

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #2,449 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have to say that the TF10s sound awful (and muddy) with the comply foams for some reason...I don't know why.

EricP

Foam tips (especially comply) mask the high end a bit in my experience.

So far I like my new TF10.

Compared to my UM2, the treble is more prominent and extends higher with the tf10. The bass is also more full and noticeably deeper with the TF10.

However, the midrange on the TF10 is clearly more recessed than the UM2.

Then again I am using shure olives with my UM2 so that might be a cause of the more relaxed treble. I am using the default medium tips on the TF10.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #2,450 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also received my TF10s today. Right off they sounded great. Sometimes with new earphones, there is an adjustment period to get familiar with the sound. Not so here. Compared to my W3s, I find that the low bass is lighter and the mid bass less punchy. Also, the sound stage is good, but condensed compared to the W3s. I'm not saying that any of this is bad; just a comparison. With the way these stick out, don't know if I'd wear them out in public. I will likely get them made into customs.

-Pony

FLIP MOD. A lot of fit/appearance problems can be solved with the simple flip mod.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #2,451 of 9,690
Just got mine in from the $100 amazon deal.

First thing I noticed was the soundstage - holy god it feels like I'm surrounded by speakers.

The over the ear thing was a tad worrisome for me, but man do these things stay put once you wear them right.

I'm officially impressed. Would these benefit from amping?

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #2,452 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but man do these things stay put once you wear them right.

Yeah they do...I really like them with the Comply tips that came in the box.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #2,453 of 9,690
I gotta say I was a little worried about some ofthe reviews that I read on here but I am in no way experiencing some of the issues such as recessed mids. These sound fantastic! The soundstage is wonderful! Coming from my SA6 these are just totally different in that respect.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #2,454 of 9,690
Well, I'm pretty sure the list of impressed people will grow as Amazon shipments are arriving at doorsteps... Really, these are $300+ worth high end phones.

And of course, ff mod is the savior for a lot of people (including me).

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #2,455 of 9,690
I can't for the life of me see how switching tips would affect the sound on the TF10s, since even the smallest tips barely go into your ear canal and don't really protrude out in front of the sound holes. I would have to say that the stock small tips (not complys) are the most comfortable I've ever felt. Better than Shure olives, way better than Etymotic tri-flange. Haven't even bothered to put on the complys, since I can hardly feel them in my ear as is.

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #2,456 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't for the life of me see how switching tips would affect the sound on the TF10s, since even the smallest tips barely go into your ear canal and don't really protrude out in front of the sound holes. I would have to say that the stock small tips (not complys) are the most comfortable I've ever felt. Better than Shure olives, way better than Etymotic tri-flange. Haven't even bothered to put on the complys, since I can hardly feel them in my ear as is.

The comply tips extend well past the end of the nozzle so when you get them inserted into the ear it compresses down just a little. Also, think about the difference between sound in a carpeted room vs an empty room with hardwood floors. The sound is noticeable absorbed by those tips IMHO

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #2,457 of 9,690
Does anyone know the life expectancy of the triple fi drivers before they start to rattle? This is my first IEM and my 3 yr old sony mdr 7506 headphone is still going strong without noticing sound degredation.

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #2,460 of 9,690
Just got mine. Hard not to compare them with my SE530. I must get used to the triple fi 10's, but at a first listen tea bass is better in triple fi 10 but I somehow feel that the music is not as "up front" with triple fi. The music sounds closer with 530. Now I'll only listen to tf10 for a while and see how I feel about them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back