Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #2,372 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunnolio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot! Got mine from the 99 dollar deal. Upgraded from Super.Fi 5 EB's, and I can say what a great upgrade. Mid and highs are so clear and transparent, not as smooth as I like though, but it is great. Bass is accurate and tight, much better than my SF5 EB's. THE BUY OF THE YEAR, I LOVE IT!

Been burning in for about 50 hours none stop now, after burn in, the bass is a little more recessed than when brand new, probably because the mid and highs are becoming more prominent. The bass is just a tad little low, just a tad, but that's probably because I came from SF5 EB's. Mids and highs are spectacular though. For 99 dollars, you can't beat it.

So you find the bass on the TF10 to be a tad low compared to the SF5 EB? Are you EQing? When I'm listening to vocal trance or RnB music, the bass is non-existent for the most part, and the music sounds unnatural. I had to turn the bass up to +5 in Enhancer (v 0.17) [Winamp Plugin] to get something close to what I want.
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #2,373 of 9,690
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #2,374 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkJak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears Universal Accessories - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

You could buy them from there too. It looks like the vi one is photoshopped though
smily_headphones1.gif
Mine didn't come with the little slider thing, which I wish it did.

Thanx DarkJak, I did find that page through google, but it looks like they are out of stock. Hmm, my current cable has a sliding thingy (or adjuster if thats the real name for it), are there multiple versions of the cables?

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #2,375 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you find the bass on the TF10 to be a tad low compared to the SF5 EB? Are you EQing? When I'm listening to vocal trance or RnB music, the bass is non-existent for the most part, and the music sounds unnatural. I had to turn the bass up to +5 in Enhancer (v 0.17) [Winamp Plugin] to get something close to what I want.
frown.gif

Just want to know which earphone you have been using before 10 pro?

As far as I know, 10 pro has fair amount of bass to suit different genre requirement, the fact that the amount of bass is less than 5 eb is undeniable, as 5 eb is well known as one of bass monster among all IEM
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #2,376 of 9,690
Dec 14, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #2,377 of 9,690
Just a couple of quick comments/update:

Found some Sony Hybrid tips at Best Buy. Found a great fit with the medium green ones. MUCH more comfortable. I went about an hour before I got any sort of discomfort. I need to search this thread to find out more about this "flip mod" people are trying.

Also, These headphones are a connundrum to me. Most of the time I find them to be lacking in bass, and just when I start thinking "boy, maybe I should look for something else" a different song will come on and I'll hear a super low head rattling note that I've never heard any other headphone pick up before. The ultra low frequencies this headphone responds to are unreal. The sound and clarity is amazing, but I think if you like bass, you almost assuredly need these EQd.

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap portable EQ or Amp with bass boost that will work with the TF10s and a Zune 8gb?

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #2,378 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found some Sony Hybrid tips at Best Buy. Found a great fit with the medium green ones. MUCH more comfortable. I went about an hour before I got any sort of discomfort. I need to search this thread to find out more about this "flip mod" people are trying.

Also, These headphones are a connundrum to me. Most of the time I find them to be lacking in bass, and just when I start thinking "boy, maybe I should look for something else" a different song will come on and I'll hear a super low head rattling note that I've never heard any other headphone pick up before. The ultra low frequencies this headphone responds to are unreal. The sound and clarity is amazing, but I think if you like bass, you almost assuredly need these EQd.

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap portable EQ or Amp with bass boost that will work with the TF10s and a Zune 8gb?

What IEM you have used before 10 pro?

Cheap AMP choice, E5 around 20 buck, nuforce mobile around 100, T4 around 150 bucks

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2,379 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Flip-flop mod is simply put the right receiver on left and vice versa. As a result the phones sit closer to the ears, no more Frenkenstein look, and to me it did get rid of annoyance that I couldn't put my fingers on. After the mod, you can only put them on over-the-ear. I was one of them struggling with the fit and didn't like these that much but now I'm giving them a serious second thoughts. I mean, $99 for triple-driver top of the line phones... what was I thinking?

I paired them with iBasso T3 which I purchased for PK3 for a great result. Whie it does not really increase bass quantity with low gain on, everything sounds fuller, soundstage improves a bit.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #2,380 of 9,690
I paired them with iBasso T3 which I purchased for PK3 for a great result. Whie it does not really increase bass quantity with low gain on, everything sounds fuller, soundstage improves a bit.[/QUOTE]

what you using as a source? I'm tthinking to get a t3 to use with my sony dap and tf10's

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #2,382 of 9,690
Dec 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #2,383 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkJak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally did the flip-flop mod, and wow, no more contact with the sides of my ears now. Before, one of the edges kept scratching part of my ear and it really killed the comfort.

Does anyone know if this affects the sound much? I think I'm getting better bass due to a deeper insertion, but it may just be a placebo.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...B/845aaa69.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...B/a4e7873c.jpg

That is the proper way to wear them, as suggested by UE. (Edit: NOT)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just want to know which earphone you have been using before 10 pro?

As far as I know, 10 pro has fair amount of bass to suit different genre requirement, the fact that the amount of bass is less than 5 eb is undeniable, as 5 eb is well known as one of bass monster among all IEM
tongue.gif

I had the Image S4. I know, that is what I heard about the bass as well, so Im starting to be very skeptical if I have received a genuine product (I ordered from Logitech). So I've decided to place an order at the Apple Store for a pair of TF.10 and I'll also get the IE8 for comparison. As it looks like from their return policy you can return them within 14 days for full refund (back shipping included).
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #2,384 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the proper way to wear them, as suggested by UE.

Really? UE intended for users to switch the earpieces and listen to right-sided sounds on our left and vice-versa? Where did you read that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back