Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #2,359 of 9,690
Hello again thread.

I thought I should post in here since it seems there's been a bit of a resurgence around here. It appears that whenever I branch out to try some new headphones, I always end up back with my triple.fi's. I recently bought some IE8's out of sheer curiosity and while they were decent enough, they ended up getting sold and I stuck with my old (ancient but some people's standard, I've had them for 2 years) TF10s.

I've also had a pair of Sennheiser HD555's, Denon D1001's and even Sony XB500's (which gave me a pounding headache, although they didn't sound as grotesque as I expected) and they've all been, or in the process of being, sold.

UE have put some kind of spell on me with these things, I've never been so loyal. I also quite like the slight scratches in the paint that mine have managed to develop. Its character.

edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclovin24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried all the tips that come with with the triple, but none of them stay well in my ears;

Anyone try the sony replacement tips on their triple?

Have you tried the flip-mod? It seems to work for a lot of people around here and they go much deeper that way. My ears are massive so I don't need to do it.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #2,362 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crackermam what made you go back to the TF.10 from IE8?

Do you guys think its possible to buy the TF10 vi cable and use it on my non vi TF10's?

Vi cable is good for any triple fi 10 pro.

I think it is UE sound signature glamors him, it is nothing special.

Also, it is not rare in this forum, saw someone prefer PFE over 10 pro or UM3x, also someone like 530 more than 10 pro /um3x............

10 pro is always m dream phone, hope it won't disappoint me. Hopefully, I can have it next week

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #2,363 of 9,690
Thanx gameboy115.

If anyone for some reason would like to trade their vi cable for a non vi please pm me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2,364 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crackermam what made you go back to the TF.10 from IE8?

Just preferred the sound signature in the end. If I'd heard the IE8 without ever having heard the TF10's I'd probably be perfectly satisfied with them, there are nice and smooth but they didn't seem as lively to me.

Also it was a nightmare getting them to fit properly for some reason, which is what a lot of people normally say about the triple.fi's.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #2,367 of 9,690
Just got my triple fi 10...

very quick impression... they sound like my sony mdr 7506 without its weaknesses (shrillness and muddiness without amp) and i think it's got weak ass cables... where can I buy aftermarket cables for these?

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #2,368 of 9,690
"Just preferred the sound signature in the end. If I'd heard the IE8 without ever having heard the TF10's I'd probably be perfectly satisfied with them, there are nice and smooth but they didn't seem as lively to me."

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #2,369 of 9,690
I just opened my Triple Fi 10 from the Amazon deal, after having it sit on my couch for a week cause I couldn't decide if I actually want them or not.

I am so glad I opened them. I don't know how much of this is the new-toy/placebo syndrome, but at the moment they sound like the best phone I've ever heard. There is so much detail in the mid/highs I am blown away, and it is doing this without any kind of amplification. It seems to have more detail than my scl4, or even may be my k702. The soundstage is nowhere near what the AKG gives me though. I can't imagine what this phone will sound like after burn-in.

However this phone seems to be super sensitive to noise as well. I plugged it into my starving student amp and it picks up a ton of noise which my full sized cans never pick up.

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #2,370 of 9,690
Woot! Got mine from the 99 dollar deal. Upgraded from Super.Fi 5 EB's, and I can say what a great upgrade. Mid and highs are so clear and transparent, not as smooth as I like though, but it is great. Bass is accurate and tight, much better than my SF5 EB's. THE BUY OF THE YEAR, I LOVE IT!

Been burning in for about 50 hours none stop now, after burn in, the bass is a little more recessed than when brand new, probably because the mid and highs are becoming more prominent. The bass is just a tad little low, just a tad, but that's probably because I came from SF5 EB's. Mids and highs are spectacular though. For 99 dollars, you can't beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back