Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #2,341 of 9,690
For the complies and forms, its best to squeeze them first and put them in the ear. I have issues that eventually they'll just pop out, and losing seal which changes the sound. The reverse Comply works very well, retains the nice highs.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2,342 of 9,690
Just wanted to say how unhappy I was with the Triple.Fi's out of the box because of the fit problem....that is until I did the flip method mentioned here in this thread. The sound is now night and day compared to wearing them just hanging down. I gotta say that this has definitely been the best money that I've ever invested in audio gear so far even though the price for these remind me of how the stock market crashed last year. $330.00>$99.00

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #2,343 of 9,690
So mad I missed the $99 deal... would have definitely bought a second pair. But for all of those out there with fit problems, I struggled with tips and finally settled on DIY foams. Basically I just do what is described in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...o-pics-383917/

I make a new pair every 2 weeks or so and couldn't be happier. Way cheaper than complies, and I like the fit better (since I basically pick the size myself). If you are struggling with tips you should give a try to making your own foams.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #2,344 of 9,690
I took off the complys and retried the medium sillycone tips, they're only comfortable for 10 or 15 minutes, but I get a good seal. It's like someone lifted a veil off of the sound. I didn't realize just how much of the highs I was losing with the complys. I definitely need to try the hybrids now because if I can get a good fit without having to go to foamies, the sound is AMAZING.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #2,345 of 9,690
Do the tf10 come with genuine comply tips? I am wondering because the last two pairs of UE phones I bought did not come with comply tips, but tips that were very similar in size and shape. However they were much harder than actual comply tips.

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #2,346 of 9,690
The Ultimate Ears website says "3 different-sized silicone ear cushions and 2 Comply™ foam ear cushions are included to find your 'magic seal.'" So it sure seems like you should get genuine Comply tips. Although they might have commissioned their own special tips from Comply that are not the same as the ones you would buy from Comply...

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #2,347 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So mad I missed the $99 deal... would have definitely bought a second pair. But for all of those out there with fit problems, I struggled with tips and finally settled on DIY foams. Basically I just do what is described in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...o-pics-383917/

I make a new pair every 2 weeks or so and couldn't be happier. Way cheaper than complies, and I like the fit better (since I basically pick the size myself). If you are struggling with tips you should give a try to making your own foams.

If the plugs provided at work weren't bright orange, I would definitely consider trying this
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #2,350 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the tf10 come with genuine comply tips? I am wondering because the last two pairs of UE phones I bought did not come with comply tips, but tips that were very similar in size and shape. However they were much harder than actual comply tips.

The original UE's had UE's own foam tips which were "disposable" after a recommended 20 uses. UE replaced these with Comply foam when Logitech started to take over, so yes, they are genuine Comply foams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the UE videos I've watched to get a proper seal, a tip was to lift your ear up so you canal opened more, so you would get a better seal.

I can recommend this. Etymotic recommends it as well; and it works. It opens up the ear canal, just like yawning.

Now what is this reverse mod that keeps all the highs with the complys? How do I do that, just put the foamie in reverse, or do I need to do something special?

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #2,351 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, they do - identical to T500's i would believe.
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #2,352 of 9,690
Anyone know where I could find the old double flange tip pack for the TFs? The only one I could find was a pack for $35 which is far too much. I'm tired of having to change comply tips and the single flange tips don't fit well.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #2,354 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkJak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know where I could find the old double flange tip pack for the TFs? The only one I could find was a pack for $35 which is far too much. I'm tired of having to change comply tips and the single flange tips don't fit well.

if i can find mind you can have 'em. i only use complys.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #2,355 of 9,690
Got my set today and I'm thoroughly enjoying them out of my rockboxed gigabeat, they're excellent!

The clarity and instrument separation are incredible. The bass is just fine for me, and I'm an L3000 owner, if that helps any.

I was hesitant to pull the trigger because I thought my Super.fi 5 Pro's were good enough for mobile use, but now that I get to hear the difference I'm really glad I pounced. The TF 10's are in another league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back