Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #2,267 of 9,690
Some of us familiar with the Complys and/or the Triple Fi know exactly what size we need. Which is why some of us ordered additional Complys in our size. Or, in my case, I ordered the new Comply with the built-in filters because I use them in my Etys and know they are made of a different, softer material than the original Comply

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #2,268 of 9,690
Just the one pair? Mine came with two pairs, the second was in the accessory bag with the 1/4 adapter and so forth. You should check to see if you received a second pair as well.

I didn't find them terribly comfy though. I'm hoping the TX-500's will be better.

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #2,269 of 9,690
I wouldn't bee too optimistic about the new model seeing as how Harvey won't be making the next one, so it will be a completely different beast. There's still the possibility of it being really good, but I have a feeling it won't be.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #2,271 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by willsterstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm..how do you switch the cables? Wouldn't that mean taking apart the housing and then reconnecting them some how?

No, the TF10s come with detachable cables so its easy to just pull them out.

Link

Just click on the "How to Replace the Cable" pdf and its all there

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #2,272 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just the one pair? Mine came with two pairs, the second was in the accessory bag with the 1/4 adapter and so forth. You should check to see if you received a second pair as well.

I didn't find them terribly comfy though. I'm hoping the TX-500's will be better.

I couldn't remember the exact number I had. I just dumped all the tips into a bag I have a number of other tips in. However I just checked, and there are 3 sets of foam Comply's in there, so there must have been 2 pairs in the TF10 packaging.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #2,273 of 9,690
forms never ever stayed in my ear.. so i dont use them. And they get dirty fast :p

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #2,274 of 9,690
Just received my Null Audio Enyo cables recently, and I'm not quite sure if I prefer them over the stock cables. Now, I don't think I'm one for V-shaped sigs, but they do seem to have a mid-centric signature that does take away a bit from the transparency/separation of the stock cables' sound, which are of high value for me when it comes to the TF10s. Build quality/worksmanship is amazing, though. Well, that's just my two cents... anyone with opinions of their own regarding the Enyos?

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #2,275 of 9,690
The documentation for the UE Triple.Fi 10 says it comes with two pairs of comply tips plus 3 pairs (S, M, L) of standard tips. Mine came with all these plus a pair of black standard tips on the earbuds. What size are these? They seem to be between small and medium.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2,276 of 9,690
Did you guys flip these left and right like the SF 5 Pros? They stick out and point forward otherwise. I know with the SF5Pros if you flip them, you point back and in so it's less protruding and gets better isolation. Same with TF10s?

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #2,277 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by lon420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my Null Audio Enyo cables recently, and I'm not quite sure if I prefer them over the stock cables. Now, I don't think I'm one for V-shaped sigs, but they do seem to have a mid-centric signature that does take away a bit from the transparency/separation of the stock cables' sound, which are of high value for me when it comes to the TF10s. Build quality/worksmanship is amazing, though. Well, that's just my two cents... anyone with opinions of their own regarding the Enyos?

I tried the Enyo for my SF 3. The signature that the cable gave was not for me either. Same thing, even more so, as the SF 3 is separated more is terms of distance than TF is(more closely blended together). I bought a Futuresonic's cable(same one as the Westone) and it gives the improvement without altering the signature. I did think the Enyo was more transparent as far as tone but altered the imaging and sound balance in a negative way.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #2,278 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the stock sleeves REALLY SUK. Troll these threads and you'll see the major problem for a lot of people is the eartubes are very large which cause discomfort in the ear after a short while. The supplied sleeves for lots of us are just unbearable. Which is why we look for something better. Pity because these are phenomenal phones with hideously uncomfortable sleeves. YMMV of course.

My biggest concern is fitment and feel in my ear. The thing that concerns me the most is the fact that the wire points up and goes around the ear, which I'm not used to.

So, as a new user and a new 'audiophile' (at least when it comes to the hardware) what are the best ways to use these headphones?
With my current NuForce NE7Ms (bought as a recommendation from this forum) I did a 48 hour burn in on them before using them per someone's instructions.

I really want to make the most out of these headphones. If fitment is poor and I can't fix it with better sleeves, I think I may have them reshelled into custom enclosures (which seems to be the thing to do) From what I've read, the audio quality is awesome but the phones are let down by uncomfortable fit.

Also, what are the main differences between the electronics of this and the electronics of the top end custom fit UEs?
The prospect of $200 custom fit IEMs is enticing, to say the least.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #2,279 of 9,690
Hey everyone. I got my TF10 today and damn they are amazing. Say goodbye to the W2. Lol no jk but maybe

They come with 6 tips in the box. 6

The phones have stock tips, as well as the box having S, M, L regular soft flex tips. And then the box has some complys, as well as another pair in the metal case

so far these are great. I got a fit, seal, and great listening setup my first try with the complys. Something that wasn't as easy for me myself on the W2

I may go custom, but so far I love em. Great bass extention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back