Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #2,251 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if/when ue will release a new flagship if that 99 buck sale was to clear out tf10 stock for good.

was wondering the same thing especially since Amazon said they wouldn't be sjhipping these for 2-3 weeks. Means to me they can collect all the orders, then do a batch buy at discount from Logitech or whomever wants to get rid of them and everyone profits--us, Amazon and whatever maker or distributor has them. Smart move for all concerned.

But wouldn't surprise me if this was a clearance to begin developing another generation of IEMs

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #2,252 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was wondering the same thing especially since Amazon said they wouldn't be sjhipping these for 2-3 weeks. Means to me they can collect all the orders, then do a batch buy at discount from Logitech or whomever wants to get rid of them and everyone profits--us, Amazon and whatever maker or distributor has them. Smart move for all concerned.

But wouldn't surprise me if this was a clearance to begin developing another generation of IEMs

Amazon did have them in stock, then ran out with an estimated shipping date of 19th...then really ran out with an even later restock date. It doesn't sound like they're holding the orders back, merely reporting what their restock dates are.

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #2,253 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon did have them in stock, then ran out with an estimated shipping date of 19th...then really ran out with an even later restock date. It doesn't sound like they're holding the orders back, merely reporting what their restock dates are.

O thanks for the clarification. Wasn't aware that was the situation. O well, another interesting hypothesis shot to blazes with a little dose of the truth
atsmile.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #2,255 of 9,690
guys which comply did u ordered or use with 3.fi :

T-500 - original

or

TX-500 - with wax guard

???

thanks

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #2,257 of 9,690
Yes the stock sleeves REALLY SUK. Troll these threads and you'll see the major problem for a lot of people is the eartubes are very large which cause discomfort in the ear after a short while. The supplied sleeves for lots of us are just unbearable. Which is why we look for something better. Pity because these are phenomenal phones with hideously uncomfortable sleeves. YMMV of course.

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #2,258 of 9,690
Mine are coming on Monday.. Booya.

Yea I'll need new comply sleeves. but haven't ordered any yet. I probably should get them coming huh

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2,259 of 9,690
I thought the new TF10s come with Comply foams now? That's what it says on UE's site and Amazon.

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #2,260 of 9,690
I actually am fine with the stock sleeves, in fact i get a perfect seal with them everytime. I love complys, but they are such a hassle at times.

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #2,261 of 9,690
i dont have issues with the stock sleeves. using mid. The worst ones are for Monster Turbine. Complies are actually very good, much better than my old form sleeves for Shure E2c.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #2,262 of 9,690
I did a bit of searching and found some people talking about this reverse mod. What exactly is that and what is required to do it? I'm assuming its not just a matter of just sticking the left one in your right ear and vice versa?

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #2,263 of 9,690
It is just that, plus switching the L/R earphone cables so that you still get the sound directed to the right ear. I'd be wary of it myself as it would mean that the drivers are pointing in the wrong direction, no?

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #2,264 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is just that, plus switching the L/R earphone cables so that you still get the sound directed to the right ear. I'd be wary of it myself as it would mean that the drivers are pointing in the wrong direction, no?

hmm..how do you switch the cables? Wouldn't that mean taking apart the housing and then reconnecting them some how?

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #2,265 of 9,690
No, on high-level IEMs it is not uncommon to be able to remove the cable.

These images might help :

triple.fi.10.pro.JPG

triplefi-diagram.jpg

As far as I know, you can just pull the black plug out of the earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back