Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #1,921 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by sireniti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my 500's today and I'm finding the same thing. I kind of expected it, but decided to try them out anyway. One of the reasons I adore UE is because I love the clarity and detail of their highs, and the Comply tips totally take away that special UE sparkle. They still sound good, but not really like UE phones anymore. True, there is a lot more bass with the tips but I personally find it to be a little too muddy - the TF10's do an amazing job with clear, punch bass that doesn't muddle with the upper ranges, and the foam tips sort of negate that. The fit is about the same for me (I guess I'm one of those lucky ones that fit the stock UE tips pretty well?), although I will admit they are a lot more comfortable than the silicone tips.

I was about to discuss exactly the same thing.. How do you solve problem like complys... They indeed completely remove the quantity and texture from their highs. Also it seems to me that the bass impact softens with complys. On the other hand I find the isolation of the silicone tips very poor, almost as bad as IE8. In fact I cant understand one thing - they have the same tips and the nozzle as my super.fi 5 pro, also their shape is fairly similar. But the sf5pro isolation is top, the best I've had from IEM's. Any idea?

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #1,923 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact I cant understand one thing - they have the same tips and the nozzle as my super.fi 5 pro, also their shape is fairly similar. But the sf5pro isolation is top, the best I've had from IEM's. Any idea?

Are you comparing the tf10's with your sf5pro's? I made a similar discovery, except it was the other way around, and i own the sf5eb's. Using the exact same silicone tips and wire (to see if it was the memory wire that was somehow ****ing around with it), the seal is completely different on each set of earphones. The sf5eb's are kind of fat though, so I can see why it might make sense that there is a huge difference...but aren't the sf5pro's like almost the same shape and size as the tf10's?
confused.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #1,924 of 9,690
thought i'd contribute my 2cents to this giant TF10pro thread with my latest toy 1week ago. i've taken a sabbatical offa headfi & esp. headphone & misc acquisitions for coupla years til recently, i started gettin the upgraditis bug...again. anyways my latest acquisition is the much heralded UE TF10pro courtesy of a sale on de local craigslist (at a very decent deal too i mite add) .

1st off, i'd like to say the physical form structure of the TF10pro is indeed, daunting to say the least. after walking round lookin like Frankenstein for a coupla days, i finally succumbed to experimenting with the 'flipflop' mod + the host of tips including some T500 complys that came with the set.

i've never experimented with any IEMs that morphed their sound siggy soo drastically as these UEs. sonics ranged from laid back dark (complys) to sharp & brittle (large UE silicons). i finally ended up with the flipflop + UE M silicons to have the best compromise of SQ & comfort. i must say that the hardness of the UE silicons still gives me sore ears after a coupla hrs.

talking bout SQ, i have to say that these UE TF10pro's are undoubtably the BEST IEMs i've ever had. the 1st thing that took my breath away was the expanse of its amazing large soundstage exceeding the PL750 & IIRC rivaling my ex HD600. while i do gather that the senns is prolly average for fullcans, its incredibe that any IEMs can scale the same heights. i could swear that music extends atleast 6-8" beyond my ears.

because of its width, the depth perception isnt as spectacular though i can distinctly percieve the layering of instruments. with the correct tips + fit, bass is extended & full bodied while highs are just as spectularly airy & detailed. i must also add that while i read about the TF10pros vaunted mid suckout & i do hear it but on certain songs, i also hear vocals being prominently upfront on others. this leads me to think that TF10 mids are if anything, accurate & flat to be able to reflect the differences in the different recordings.

suffice to say that these TF10pros are sufficiently resolved (as good as livewires but without details being thrown in da face) but most of all, its musical & fun without being overwhelminly bassy nor bright. i could be suffering from new toy syndrome but its my very fav IEM to the point where i pick it up for not only onthego purposes, but even for my home listening to the detriment of my very lonely PL750s. needless to say, Mikey Likey - nuff said.

update:just tried on some sony M silicons & true to form, the sound again changed. this time, it went (ever so slightly but perceivably) darker but with much better comfort. too early to tell as yet but i mite stil like the UE M silicons better sonically. feels like theres soo much tweaking to had with all the different tips - amazing!
atsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #1,925 of 9,690
I previously use my triples exclusively with shure olives. With flip mod, it's really low profile. And i do agree with u most of the part, but more on the mid. Imho, the mid only sound recessed if it's due to the recording, else it balanced like other spectrum.

I cant test livewires personally as it's custom. Still waiting for my IE8 to arrive. It has been ages...

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #1,926 of 9,690
I keep getting "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏" when contacting UE support! What is going on?

My Triples needs warranty repair. The right nozzle which holds the silicone tip became loose from the body of the earphone. :/

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #1,927 of 9,690
It got sorted out, my Triples are now on their way to UE for repair.

So far, so good dealing with UE support. Here's hoping for quick repair/return. I allready miss them very much, music isn't the same without them.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #1,930 of 9,690
I've never had a comfort issue either. There might be a little discomfort when using new tips for the first time, but it doesn't take long for them to soften up, especially if you are using them a lot.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #1,932 of 9,690
I just picked me up some Triples last week (2nd time around) coming from SE530's. The main thing I notice is their ability to really immerse yourself into the music. This coincides with the large soundstage but the music is all around you, not really in front of you like with many other IEM's. Incredibly non-fatiguing as well.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #1,934 of 9,690
Hello all, i havent read all of this thread, only the first 20 pages or so, because it is just enormous. I got a tf10 2 days ago and I like it, i have owned the se530 before and vastly prefer the tf10 although seal might have been better with the shure. I couldnt ge the tips of it though. I also owned the ie8, i think i preferred its sound over the tf10, especially bass and soundstage, but they did not give me seal. This seems to be a nice compromise for th emoment although i stillhave to test the tf10 on the buss. I use comply tips.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #1,935 of 9,690
I don't know if this thread is still going. I just got my tf10's and love them!! After experimenting I finally have a good fit that does not leave my ears sore by doing the flip flop mod and using the medium tips
smily_headphones1.gif

But I do have a question. After doing the flip flop mod, I noticed that the right ear with the left ear cable going into it, the two prongs don't insert all the way. I mean it only sticks out by a hairline and there is still signal going into the right phone, but would that be a problem??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back