Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #1,936 of 9,690
triple.fi is far from dead
biggrin.gif

The plug should be fitted completely, just like when u received it. The plug is symmetrical, so either way it should fit completely.

Enjoy your triples
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #1,937 of 9,690
Yeah I'm just a little worried that I may break them since a few people on this thread have done so already.

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,938 of 9,690
I'm sorry to say that so far I'm not happy with my decision...mids too recessed.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #1,940 of 9,690
TFPro took me longer than any other IEM to get use to. Again I don't hear a recessed midrange as much as a veiled midrange and it's its only flaw as far as I am concerned. Magnificent bass, treble, soundstage, imaging and transparency. I have yet to hear any IEM that doesn't have at least one flaw or trait that doesn't appeal to me.

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #1,941 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpexpress /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys get past the uncomfortable fit of these earphones?

Started with the super fi .5 pros and liked them but never could find a good solution to wearing them for any extended period beyond 45 minutes.

Came across www.earplugstore and an at home custom mold solution for $115. The mold would also work for the triples they said. Did it, made the molds at home in about 20 minutes, sent them out and back in less than 10 days came my own custom tips and also the molds I originally made.

Would imagine if I switched from UE they would be good to use again just by sending them in and making tips to fit the connection to another manufacturer too. As long as I don't lose those originals.

It's so comfortable and the sound is so nice you don't even think about it. Sold a replacement set of the super fi .5s to my neighbor, upgraded to the refined capability of the triples and have never looked back.

The triples are another level, more balanced and well rounded, but great highs especially on well done recordings.

Great on the iPhone 3G, or even at home connecting to my system analog via an Airport Express wirelessly to my main stereo system (which is frankly amazing how good they sound that way) and last plugged into a Lavry DA-10 DAC via a Mac Mini and (Sonicwave) glass toslink cable. That's just flat out tremendous.

Not sure why this doesn't come up much but for all the folks who want to enjoy the triples with a permanent solution and no hassle, no foam replacements, it's $115 and done.

Good luck and happy listening.
regular_smile .gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #1,943 of 9,690
The molds are designed by the name and model. If you go to the earplugstore.com website, you'll see the list. My guess is that for the same manufacturer there is an overlap.

That turned out to be the case when I had the molds originally made for the UE Super fi .5s and they told me it was no problem when I upgraded to the Triple fi.

Would imagine that this would not be the case considering the wide range of manufacturers/models offered.

But one could always send them an email and ask if the molds would be usable on two different models. (I went with canal size only.)

It's just after seeing so many people talk about their fit issues, which is understandable I don't see the point in going through replaceable foam every year and limiting the performance in some aspect and shelling out $20 annually.

You maximize the performance of the IEM as designed and have a perfect comfortable fit for about $115. Done!

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #1,944 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may look into that mould for the TF 10, guess it's good as you can keep the mould for another set of phones, as long as the tube is the same circumference?

Here's the page link showing all the models/manufacturers:

PerfectFit<font size="1">(TM)</font> Optional Accessory For Any Brand of Isolation Earphones<br><font size="2">Perfect Your Isolation Earphone System: Add Custom Fitted Ear Molds!</font> - Earphone Accessories

Highly recommend them. Puts the comfort issue to bed permanently.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #1,945 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry to say that so far I'm not happy with my decision...mids too recessed.

Source and fit:

Fit: If you don't have a proper seating you are going to lose dynamics and the mids too. Found out that like others, I was not getting a comfortable fit and that didn't help until I got custom molds from the earplugstore.com and removed the fit issue from the equation.

Source: Type of file and the recording itself will make a difference along with the delivery system. From my iPhone 3g things sound pretty good, an uncompressed file will sound better than a compressed one in mp3 format.

But I also have a Lavry DA-10 in my main stereo at home. It's so darn good that even an Evanescence mp3 sounds incredible.

You may find that these factors are detracting from the the sound the triple fi can deliver. As is often the case in audio, the speakers can do better than one thinks when a good source is delivering the bits and bytes.

Hope that helps.

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #1,946 of 9,690
anyone use any custom cable for TF10? any good recommendation?

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,947 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm considering a pair of these, but have serious concerns since I listened to the Super.fi 5 and I didn't like their sound signature (too bright for my taste), nor their comfort. Would you please write a brief comparo among them? I've seen that you own both.

Thanks and regards.

Well, I have the Super.Fi 5EB and Triple.Fi 10 Pro. In my view and based on your comments, if you did not like the Super.Fi 5 you'd probably won't fancy the Triple.Fi 10 Pro either. It sounds as bright with a tone-down bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back