Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 26, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #1,501 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Wang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm waiting for westone 3 and maybe some quad-fi or se640, i don't know.

I'm on that waiting list also
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #1,502 of 9,690
wow the tripple fi's sound so good. im done looking for headphones, ever
biggrin.gif

soo happy right now. cowon d2 + tripples is amaazzzing. the bass is so textured and PERFECT!

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #1,503 of 9,690
Come to think of it, they do sound like 750.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #1,504 of 9,690
Really enjoying mine atm!! Coming off a spell of listening to my Sleeks and SE530's, where the sound is presented more in front of you as opposed to around and about you. I felt the triples where a bit bloated and undefined, consequently, but now, once I sat myself back in the music and stopped looking for it to be in front of me....WOW!

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #1,505 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow the tripple fi's sound so good. im done looking for headphones, ever
biggrin.gif

soo happy right now. cowon d2 + tripples is amaazzzing. the bass is so textured and PERFECT!

Hehe...I remember when I first heard my Triples, I had the same feelings. I was so amazed at their sound quality that I let a relative listen to them and he said it was like being at the front row of a concert.

They are some amazing canalphones, there' s no doubt about that.

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #1,506 of 9,690
Just stopping by, but good to read that Big Blue love is alive & well.

Still hopelessly in love with mine, natch.

Floating away with Antony & The Johnsons atm.... (Edit\ now onto Isis -boy but the drummer sure likes that dead snare sound. Like he's hitting a breadboard)

Excelsior!

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #1,507 of 9,690
Anyone here using a GoVibe Petite/Magnum with their Tri.fis?

Lost my setup recently... (dang bag thieves
frown.gif
)

Thinking of getting a portable amp+DAC so i can use it with my laptop as well...

Any recommendations?

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #1,508 of 9,690
Exuse my ignorance, but what is DAC/DAC settings and what is the DAC component that comes with some portable amps?

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #1,509 of 9,690
The DAC stands for Digital to Analog Converter, it's a special circuit the receives digital signals (mostly from USB's) and make it go through the amp instead of the PC integrated soundcard; this result in a cleaner and better sound in most cases (because the motherboard components are pretty cheap). And you can use your headphones with your PC in an easier way.

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #1,510 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DAC stands for Digital to Analog Converter, it's a special circuit the receives digital signals (mostly from USB's) and make it go through the amp instead of the PC integrated soundcard; this result in a cleaner and better sound in most cases. And you can use your headphones with your PC in an easier way.

I already recieved a PM explaining this from elnero, but thanks for you anwser as it cooberates what he said, thus, helping me solidify my understanding and grasp on it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #1,511 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exuse my ignorance, but what is DAC/DAC settings and what is the DAC component that comes with some portable amps?

DAC stands for Distraction And Collection. which means this forum gets you caught up in the glorious sound of music coming from a Digital to Analog Converter, "Distraction", and then "Collection" of your last few dollars or pounds.
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #1,513 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DAC stands for Distraction And Collection. which means this forum gets you caught up in the glorious sound of music coming from a Digital to Analog Converter, "Distraction", and then "Collection" of your last few dollars or pounds.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
I think that could be a secondary motto to 'Mind Your Wallet'.
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #1,515 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still considering whether or not to get the triple-fi's or the super fi 5 pro... Do either need an amp?

It would be hard to find an amp for tf10. An unproper amp will ruin the sound of tf10, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back