Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 3, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #9,511 of 9,690
The one thing I've found about the triple-fi's that still holds true is that they are very forgiving of lesser quality audio files. My understanding of the Noble line of IEM's, not so much so.

Let's just say, for me, the triple-fi's are my comfortable old pair of shoes. I still think they shine with custom wires and comply foams and I could move on from other IEM's, where as I would never outright get rid of my triple-fi's. Probably could turn them into Customs, but I'm not quite there yet thinking I'd probably have some sort of regret in doing so. In comparison to something up to date, I thought that the Sony XBA-Z5's would have humbled the triple-fi's to an almost night and day level, but from my perspective, I just wasn't bowled over by the Sony's in any capacity, except the bass which, for me, was way over the top. I guess I'm more of a balanced armature kind of guy.

The triple-fi's, to my ears, are in no way disgraced by what's out there. Yes, I'm sure current IEM technology has surpassed them in most ways, but the truth is, for me, I keep going back to the triple-fi's as that comfortable old pair of shoes and I'm never disappointed in the sound quality. Call me old School

I agree, I have been with my beloved Triple Fi's for about 4 years and and even though, I was  tempted many times with other IEMs, SE846, JVC Woodies, Sony Z5, Westone 6, UE900 etc...
All of them went back to the store within the 30 day return window.
There's is something about the Triple Fi's out of an unamped(no eq) iPhone that makes them very special, musicality. Yes, they are indeed forgiving with so so recordings.  
The right amount of punch, unveiled sound, crisp highs, great mids. and excellent isolation.
The only item that I tried and I enjoyed as much as the TFs were the AKG 3001, however, the lack of replaceable cable buried my hopes.

I will give a try to the upcoming JH Trifi's soon to be released in Japan or the Noble Trident....

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #9,512 of 9,690
thanks everyone! I think i'll hang onto these for the time being! I have a braided silver cable i have yet to solder onto the TF10 connectors which is primarily the main reason i haven't popped open the box. I really dislike that stock cable!

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #9,513 of 9,690
Hi guys, I am looking for purchase a cable for my Triple.Fi, anything below the USD$100? The cheaper the better. 

I was using the Fiio RC-UE2, it sounded fine sonically, but its dead in the right channel. I did not use them for workouts or running or anything like that, but I do sweat.

I'm just looking for something that I can plug in and forget about it. 

P4BL6JR.jpg

EDIT: Wow this forum sure suck balls. No IMG tags support? Really?

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #9,514 of 9,690
It is always going to be a personal preference type of thing. I actually hate my TF10 after hearing better, others it may still appeal to them. I have been massively spoiled by going up the ladder in terms of higher end TOTL offerings.

Agreed

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #9,516 of 9,690
Hello, newbie need advice please
back in 2007, I fell on an article in Sound-on-Sound magazine, and the author was explaining how owner of UE was leaving the company, after his superb design-production of the triple-fi 10.
The author advised his readers to jump on a pair, if ever the company closed then.
I purchased a pair, still have the receipt of $449.
Took them home, and stupidly, don't ask me why, I never ever opened the box. ( I was 50 back then)
My wife tidied my desk, and she placed the triple.fi's in our storage room.

I fell on them last week, and after searching here a tad, I do not have a clue what those are worth, or the premium over the
ones on ebay or amazon.
any help is much appreciated.
thank you

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #9,519 of 9,690
  Hello, newbie need advice please
back in 2007, I fell on an article in Sound-on-Sound magazine, and the author was explaining how owner of UE was leaving the company, after his superb design-production of the triple-fi 10.
The author advised his readers to jump on a pair, if ever the company closed then.
I purchased a pair, still have the receipt of $449.
Took them home, and stupidly, don't ask me why, I never ever opened the box. ( I was 50 back then)
My wife tidied my desk, and she placed the triple.fi's in our storage room.

I fell on them last week, and after searching here a tad, I do not have a clue what those are worth, or the premium over the
ones on ebay or amazon.
any help is much appreciated.
thank you

They are discontinued now, but before they used to be sold on black friday sales for 100$ on amazon. If you try to sell on ebay now  you would fetch about 150$.

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #9,520 of 9,690

Had mine done twice, doesn't hurt SQ at all, some might say its better since you can possibly get a better seal.

Can you please share some pics of your reshelled pair? Where did you get them done? Also, how would you rate them against other similar price offerings?

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #9,521 of 9,690
  Honestly, I'm just as surprised as you are. I wasn't expecting the M2 to outperform the TF10 since they are a dual driver model. Part of me didn't really wanna believe it either; but in the end I had to concede it to the M2. The thing is, it may really have come down to the quality of seal and proximity of the driver to the ears. There is no denying that CIEMs have a HUGE advantage over universals in fit and comfort. I think that the fit is perhaps the biggest reason for the M2's performance. Not necessarily a technical advantage. But Piotr - the man behind the company, is getting wide recognition as being something of a BA technical master. I will concede that to say that the TF10 is inferior in every way (another way to saying that the M2 is superior in every way as I earlier have described...) is unfair. The TF10s still perform marvelously and of course, nothing changes the fact that the TF10 as a piece of work is outstanding. If there is one thing I felt today while spending the entire day with the M2 is that the M2 has a very engaging and detailed sound. The air around the vocals and instruments is fantastic and is overall, full and warm-ish (similar to a A83 I'd say) sounding. But that being the case, while the highs extend nicely, it does sound just a tad more aggressive than the TF10's more refined and delicate treble. The TF10's treble is still something to behold even after 10 years as I've heard no other IEM manage that level of refinement and clarity in the treble region. I'd give that to the TF10. So the M2 isn't superior in every way. But there is also another reason why the M2 might be better and that boils down to the BA design. Most BAs have the same design and vary bit by bit be tuning and some by design. The Sonion 1723 driver used in the M2 are new; almost a next generation design. It's a direct rival to the TWFK driver, but in my opinion, much better. Piotr told me that the M2's driver is technically the better piece compared to the drivers used in his own triple design, the Ei.3. So I guess some of the advantage is from the newness of the driver unit. 

I'm still a fan of the TF10. I'd never sell mine. I never got the UE900 cause I loved my TF10 too much to sell for an upgrade. The price I paid for both earphones are roughly the same; I paid 250 for the TF10 and close to 340 for the M2 (when it comes to earphones I can easily justify the 100 extra lol). Honestly, I'm not just trying to say this to defend a product. I also have the much more expensive Ei.XX; the 6 driver model and I personally find myself reaching for the M2 more often than the Ei.XX. I dunno. The entire hobby is subjective so I do give my recommendation with some reservation. But honest to god they are brilliant and I am confident in my recommendation.

Well, I never thought I'd sound like those dudes who simply show up and go "oh my god they are so much better in every way!" but here I am. Maybe I really am a sheep for the CA stuff. But if you want a second opinion, ask anyone who had a chance to audition the Music One and the Music Two. Piotr really knows what he's doing. :)

Can you elaborate on this please. What do you like better on the M2? What kind of music do you listen to?

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #9,522 of 9,690

Can you please share some pics of your reshelled pair? Where did you get them done? Also, how would you rate them against other similar price offerings?

Look in the recent images at the top, they are in there. My first set, black with blue and white swirls, then switched to metallic brown with wood face plates. They are posted with my name, InEarZ did them

http://www.inearz.com/

May 1, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #9,523 of 9,690
Hey there! Been seeing a lot of good things about the TF10, but just wanting to ask a quick question: is there a difference between the pre-logitech TF10 and post-logitech TF10? I would love to get myself a pair for listening/as a collectable

May 1, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #9,524 of 9,690
Hey there! Been seeing a lot of good things about the TF10, but just wanting to ask a quick question: is there a difference between the pre-logitech TF10 and post-logitech TF10? I would love to get myself a pair for listening/as a collectable

I too, would be interested in hearing from TF10 owners. I purchased the SuperFi 5 back in 2009 when it was still branded as a UE product, and got myself the UE600 this year, which was supposed to be identical. They're actually a bit different (sound and design). Did the Logitech transition affect the TripleFi 10 as well? 

May 1, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #9,525 of 9,690
is there a difference between the pre-logitech TF10 and post-logitech TF10?

Nothing really significant. Bundle and box design are different.

SuperFi 5 back in 2009 when it was still branded as a UE product, and got myself the UE600 this year, which was supposed to be identical.

This two has nothing in common at all. Superfi5 is dual driver. UE600 - single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back